True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's great dumb fun. Gratuitous nudity of hot people and lots of humor. I thought Jessica stole the show tonight.

I stopped it about 30 minutes in because I was already wandering away to browse the internet.

Guess I'm done with the show. Bye, eye candy! You were not enough to hold my interest.

wow
I was just thinking this would be a fit for Buffy fans

edit to add
I have a laptop problem too, sometimes during madmen, GoT, or even Breaking Bad, I will start browsing, often I do a rewatch with the laptop off.
I find I like them much more, that is why prefer my movies at the theater without distractions. (and yell at the little fuckers that are texting in the rows in front of me)

I did enjoy most of the earlier seasons. The past few have started off still fitting right into the "dumb fun" category, but by about the 3rd or 4th episode, I'm just annoyed and hate all the characters.

I'd decided I'd keep watching this season because I was curious to see about Christopher Meloni's new character, but nope.

We fight like siblings...but we fuck like champions.

Good to have the show back. Jason Stackhouse is still as entertaining as ever, and just about the most lovable character that I know of on TV. Thought the scene with the Reverend coming out and Jessica busting in to save the day was hilarious.

I knew, once everything started happening in that final scene, with all the crying and everything, that it was gonna be a fake out and Tara would wake up. And, you know what? I'm glad. Even though I've complained about her, and I've said that the show could afford to kill off a main character or two, I don't like seeing my boy Lafayette and my girl Sook all sad and stuff. So baby Vamp Tara is all good with me.

Anyway. Yes. Our goofy summer vampire show is back! Bring it.

corianderstem said:
Christopher Meloni's new character.

I don't know, you say things like that and suddenly I go from having no interest in something to being slightly more than mildly curious.

I have been a big fan of this show for four seasons and I seem to champion aspects of it when my friends are criticizing it, but I must say that I was pretty bored with this season opener. It felt like the exact same 'ol, same 'ol to me and I just didn't really care. Bill and Eric are in trouble with some big vampire authority and are under the threat of the true death. Big whoop. Been there and seen that a million times already. Sookie's life is in danger. Big whoop. Been there and seen that a million times already. Alcide is concerned for Sookie and wants to protect her. Big whoop. Been there, seen that. And Lafayette, who I really like in the first few seasons, has turned into such a whiny coward that I actually pretty much can't stand him anymore.

I think I'm just getting over this show. I will give it a few more episodes to see if they can reel me in, but I'm starting to think this might be the season I give up on "True Blood".

Yeah, it's pretty lame. It has been lame for a long time but summer TV is so bad that I end up watching it anyway. I never really care much about the plot, but I enjoy some of the character interactions and the little one-liners. It seemed particularly bad this week after Game of Thrones in that time slot.

I did laugh loudly out loud at 2 parts: the most hilarious was as the Reverend's invitation was being revoked and he was flying out of the house, he grabs onto the door frame real quick to shout out, "I love you!" That was frickin' hilarious! And the other was Pam in the bright yellow, Wal-Mart track suit with cute kittens and flowers. Also hilarious.

But two, great comedic moments aside, I was not impressed at all.

I admit that this season premiere fell flat. I didn't particularly care for the reverend-turned-vampire coming to seduce Jason Stackhouse, only to be driven out by Jessica. When last season ended, I got the impression the reverend was out to convince Jason to become a vampire and join his clan of vampires - at least that was what I thought :shrug:

I don't know, I just think digging up the reverend to battle with Jessica over Jason seems lame. And if that was the only point to bringing back the reverend, then that whole idea was pretty dumb. If he is going to play a role with the authority, then maybe it could work, somehow.

If TB is getting lackluster, I'm not surprised. Usually shows tend to go down after the fourth season or so.

Is anyone else still watching this show?

It seems to be very confusing and definitely lacking in humor. Tonight's episode had an interesting twist, but overall, I feel detached from this show.

Making Tara a vampire was silly, the Authority's religion is bizarre, and there's just far too much going on. I really hope everything comes together at the end of this season.

I'm still watching Season 4, which I got on DVD a few weeks ago.

I just wish they'd done away with at least half of the parallel storylines that they insist on cramming the episodes with. Or, if they insist on giving every minor character their own story, at least get them offscreen for a couple of episodes so that other stories have some space to breathe. There's just way too much stuff happening too fast.

Oh and Hoyt looks like Season 4's Sam, as in, let's take a character who's been nothing but a nice guy for the previous seasons and get him to turn nasty out of a blue. I could see that he and Jessica were heading for a split and I could see why, but stuff he told her when they were breaking up was way too cruel to be believable, I thought.

I'm glad the show has finally straightened itself out, finally made sense and has a juicy storyline going. It's making me wonder if this season six will carry over the conflicts of this season and have a final showdown between the vampires and the humans.

It is. I still think the religion/Lilith as God is weird, but it does keep you interested.

Who would've thought Bill would go over to the dark side while Eric insists on mainstreaming?

Poor Emma.

Really? I think this is the worst season by far. Yes, there have been some good episodes, and it does seem to be ratcheting up the tension lately, but it has still been wildly uneven compared to the other seasons, and there have been more than a couple really bad episodes. They have just spread themselves too thin, with too many storylines that took far too long to get going.

I've come this far, I'm in it until the end of season 5, but this may be the last season I watch.

I do think it is lacking in humor a great deal. Sure, Lafayette is slowly getting back to his old self, but there needs to be more fun in this season. Its far too serious.

That fire/smoke ghost Terry was tied up with was utterly pointless.

But like I said before, I'm wondering if this season's theme and storyline will carry over to season 6. If that would be the final season, that would be quite a good finale: the final showdown between vampires, shifters, werewolves, etc. and humans.

The two things I do really like about this season:

1. A LOT of Sookie - Jason story/scenes together. I really miss that from the first season. I think they have great chemistry in their scenes together.

2. A lot of Pam. She's one of the better, most consistent characters and I think they always write her really well. So I'm enjoying her scenes too.

Really? I think this is the worst season by far.

I've come this far, I'm in it until the end of season 5, but this may be the last season I watch.

I'm with you.

The two things I do really like about this season:

1. A LOT of Sookie - Jason story/scenes together. I really miss that from the first season. I think they have great chemistry in their scenes together.

2. A lot of Pam. She's one of the better, most consistent characters and I think they always write her really well. So I'm enjoying her scenes too.

Agree here as well. Also Jessica has become one of my favorite characters. And Tara as a vampire works.

But the Bill / Eric storyline is beyond stupid, as is the Terry thing. And I still hate the redneck wolves (except Alcide).

But it's all entertaining enough for my purposes, which is that it's something to watch while I bounce on my mini-trampoline.

Wow, the Finale is this Sunday. This season seemed to go by really fast. It's been ok, but nothing great. I was disappointed that Chris Meloni didn't stick around too long. He was cool.

It did go by fast. I'm too excited about the finale Sunday because this season has not been great, and I keep saying that a lot of the storylines from this season will carry over into next year. I mean, there's no way Bill will get over his assholism in one show, or Warlow will finally appear and be defeated or Lilith will be defeated all in one show. I don't see any aftermath of this season for the finale; I think it will keep going next time.

I agree about Chris Meloni. He was so hyped up and he was gone halfway through.

As much as I didn't like this season (with the exceptions noted above), I thought the penultimate episode set up the season finale really well. I thought it was a good episode, I like the fae or faeries or whatever, and I thought there was a lot of good tension and suspense.

I agree with Pearl about the next episode spilling over into next season. So I wonder if next season will be the last. :hmm:

That's what I'm wondering too. I wonder when we'll get word of that.

Also, I want to add that Sunday's season was probably the funniest, thanks to Pam and Lafayette:

Lafayette: "I'm not a snitch, I'm a bitch"

Pam: "And later we can braid each other's hair and talk about boys"

Back
Top Bottom