TRL Take Over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
In Zootopia we tried for Adam's birthday in March but weren't successful, but who's to say we won't succeed in getting a U2 video on TRL for Bono's birthday? His big day is next Friday which, unfortunately, is the day TRL does it's weekly wrap up, but we can still try to get a video on Thursday or some other day next week.
Last time someone said the thing to do is to vote for the video all week, not just on one particular day, so that maybe it can become an actual choice (as opposed to a write-in). To better our chances, I think we should start voting this weekend and continue until Thursday morning (I believe the polls close around 2 p.m. Eastern on show days).
Are y'all in? The current video choice is "Beautiful Day" because only videos that premiered on TRL are eligible (hence no older videos allowed, darn).
Here's the link to the TRL voting page where you can write in whichever U2 video we select -- http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/votevideo.jhtml You can also write a message about why you like said video or send a shout-out to Bono for his birthday.

That sounds like a good idea to me. I think my shout out will be along the lines of thanks for working so hard to make U2 on MTV in 2002 a not entirely crazy proposition.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

thanks for the info!
smile.gif
i dont watch the show, but i'd do anything for bono just because he said he'd do the same for me!
smile.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Sounds like a marvy idea!!

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

Didn't we try that for something else though (in this forum) and was unsuccessful.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Didn't we try that for something else though (in this forum) and was unsuccessful.

you are right emily, we've tried alot of things and signed alot of online petitions in this forum! yeah, we've been unsuccessful a couple of times, BUT *it's never stopped us before though*
biggrin.gif
we plebans never quit!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
BUT *it's never stopped us before though*
biggrin.gif
we plebans never quit!!
biggrin.gif

How right you are!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I've voted twice
smile.gif

Question for people: are you using the same name when you vote? I used my real name both times...but will they notice? Do they allow that?

I think they do allow it because when we tried for Adam's birthday, I voted a bunch of times using the same name and I never got any kind of error messages or anything. I know with RollingStone.com and a couple of other sites, they do block you from voting more than once a day from the same computer.

I've voted twice
smile.gif

Question for people: are you using the same name when you vote? I used my real name both times...but will they notice? Do they allow that?

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I've voted twice
smile.gif

Good question.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon voting ends for TRL this week. I have not heard anything, but I am assuming that "Beautiful Day" has yet to make the countdown. I know in the grand scheme of things, getting a U2 video on TRL is a slightly weak crusade, but it's fun and it's a small token for Bono's birthday.
If you're interested, here's the link to the TRL voting page where you can write in "Beautiful Day" -- http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/votevideo.jhtml You can also write a message about why you like said video or send a shout-out to Bono for his birthday. As far as I can tell, multiple votes are completely allowed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom