trailer for Bono's movie "Across the Universe"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that's true about Bono and the Secret Machines playing I Am The Walrus...welll...that's just amazing. And Eddy Izzard looks increible as Mr. Kite! :lol: I wonder how big a part Bono has in the film. I'm not expected much more than 5 minutes tops.

But really, I'm super excited about this movie. Looks awesome.

this looks absolutely stunning :drool: visually amazing, and the covers sound really great. Bono being in this is just a perk!

can't wait for this :drool:

I don't know if anyone has said this, because I've got too much work to read pages 2-4, but the trailer for this reminds me of Billy Joel and Twila Tharp's Moving Out musical, the absolutely phenomenal and moving compilation of Joel's songs into a musical ballet about the Vietnam War - using character names from the songs.

Moving Out was incredible. I can't wait to see this. September!!!

Lancemc said:
If that's true about Bono and the Secret Machines playing I Am The Walrus...welll...that's just amazing. And Eddy Izzard looks increible as Mr. Kite! :lol: I wonder how big a part Bono has in the film. I'm not expected much more than 5 minutes tops.

But really, I'm super excited about this movie. Looks awesome.

hopefully its better than Jim Carrey's version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPkytVdy5Us

Knuckle said:

Otherwise, this use of Beatles music as a soundtrack for a movie tracking through the 1960's and 70's is a big deal. This is a first of its kind isn't it?

Somebody probably already mentioned it, but "I Am Sam" used covers of Beatles songs for it's soundtrack and in the movie.

The first teaser trailer I saw of it intrigued me. Then I saw a longer trailer in a movie theater recently ... and wow, did it look painful.

I'll wait to hear more about it before deciding if I want to see it or not.

indra said:

hmm. You know I can't help but wonder why the people who drool over Bono don't also drool over Robin Williams. I mean the physical similarities are striking. :hmm:

Actually I think he looks like Billy the kid from Easy Rider in that pic.

Does anyone else think he looks like Elvis Costello in the Sweetest Thing video?

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. I may check it out with my expectations set extremely low.

Do you have any idea what you even mean by "shitty hippy movie"? Sounds like something you'd say when you really couldn't even be bothered enough to come up with a decent insult for the film.

I'm not saying it's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or even one of the year's best films. It's just incredibly refreshing to see something new come around and get some attention. My biggest problem with cimena over the past several years is a tragicaly severe lack of originality.

But whatever, this is just a shitty hippy movie. Go watch Pirates of the Carribean 3.

Lancemc said:
My biggest problem with cimena over the past several years is a tragicaly severe lack of originality.

Amen. Things have become predictable and painful in recent years, and it's mediocre hippy movies like this that will set us free! :drool:

LemonMelon said:

Amen. Things have become predictable and painful in recent years, and it's mediocre hippy movies like this that will set us free! :drool:

Not sure if you're being a smartass or not (looks at your av :drool: ) Errrhmm, uh...what?

Oh yeah, but if you're not, why feel compelled to call it mediocre? On what grounds do you make that judgment? I mean, since nobody outside of a few select early screening audiences has even seen it?

Eh, I was just quoting Smallville when I referred to it as a 'shitty hippy movie'. Of course I haven't seen it yet, but from the early screenings I've read of, it has really just come off as that.

It really just looks like a glorification of all the Sixties cliches that I think are frankly irrelevant today. And the whole Beatles theme just seems... completely pompous, to me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Uncut or Mojo write about it... if they love it, I'm not going to see it. If they hate it, I probably will. :wink:

I was sort of talking to Smallville through your post anyway. :wink: No worries. And like I said, I don't have problems with anyone not liking this movie. I'm not the fucking thought police or anything.

I just had that "Don't give a shit, blind hatred" attitude that a lot of films recieve unfairly.

Lancemc said:

Not sure if you're being a smartass or not (looks at your av :drool: ) Errrhmm, uh...what?

Oh yeah, but if you're not, why feel compelled to call it mediocre? On what grounds do you make that judgment? I mean, since nobody outside of a few select early screening audiences has even seen it?

Definitely not being a smartass for once. :wink: Hollywood has been stale and boring for decades. I appreciate a breath of fresh air now and again.

Why do I feel a need to criticize this film though? It's simple: it doesn't really look that great to me. I reserve the right to make such claims ahead of time and then look like an ass later on if I turn out to be wrong. :)

Lancemc said:
Do you have any idea what you even mean by "shitty hippy movie"? Sounds like something you'd say when you really couldn't even be bothered enough to come up with a decent insult for the film.

I'm not saying it's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or even one of the year's best films. It's just incredibly refreshing to see something new come around and get some attention. My biggest problem with cimena over the past several years is a tragicaly severe lack of originality.

But whatever, this is just a shitty hippy movie. Go watch Pirates of the Carribean 3.

Not sure why you're so angry.

See something new? I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the LSD type films of the 60's?

Sountrack

I dunno if it has been posted before but I was surfing and found this soundtrack listing on http://www.inter scope.com/artist/news/default.aspx/nid/8376/aid/570

sorry it's kinda long... :wink:

Across the Universe Soundtrack:

"Girl"
Performed by Jim Sturgess (cast member)

"Helter Skelter"
Performed by Dana Fuchs (cast member)

"Hold Me Tight"
Performed by Jim Sturgess, Evan Rachel Wood, Lisa Hogg (cast members)

"All My Loving"
Performed by Jim Sturgess (cast members)

"I Want To Hold Your Hand"
Performed by TV Carpio (cast member)

"With A Little Help From My Friends"
Performed by Joe Anderson, Jim Sturgess & Dorm Buddies (cast members)

"It Won't Be Long"
Performed by Evan Rachel Wood (cast member)

"I've Just Seen A Face"

"Let It Be"
Performed by Carol Woods, Timothy T. Mitchum (cast members)

"Come Together"
Perfomed by Joe Cocker, Martin Luther (cast members)

"Why Don't We Do It In The Road"

"If I Fell"

"I Want You"
Performed by Joe Anderson (cast)

"Dear Prudence"
Performed by Dana Fuchs, Jim Sturgess, Evan Rachel Wood, TV Carpio (cast members)

"Flying"
Performed by The Secret Machines (not cast members)
Produced by Elliot Goldenthal & The Secret Machines

"Blue Jay Way"
Performed by The Secret Machines (not cast members)

"I Am The Walrus"
Performed by Bono (cast member)

"The Benefit Of Mr. Kite"
Performed by Eddie Izzard (cast member)

"Because"
Performed by Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson, Dana Fuchs, TV Carpio, Martin Luther

"Something"

"Oh Darling"
Performed by Dana Fuchs, Martin Luther (cast members)

"Strawberry Fields"
Performed by Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson (cast members)

"Revolution"
Perfomed by Jim Sturgess (cast members)

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Performed by Martin Luther (cast member)

"Happiness Is A Warm Gun"
Performed by Joe Anderson (cast member)

"Blackbird"

"Hey Jude"
Performed by Joe Anderson (cast member)

"Don't Let Me Down"

"All You Need Is Love"
Performed by Jim Sturgess, Dana Fuchs (cast members)

"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
Performed by Bono (this is an end title song and is not performed on camera as a character of the movie)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom