Track by track battle! Only one can win!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
Vertigo vs. BD: I won't call it...

Miracle_Drug vs. Stuck: ends with miracle drug KO'ing stuck in the first round!

SYCIOYO vs. elevation: ends with Sometimes KO'ing elevation in the third round!

LAPOE vs. Walk On: I won't call it...I know LAPOE is probably better but I have a soft spot for WO...

COBL vs. Kite: They refuse to fight because they know how good they both are.

ABOY vs. IALW: ABOY KO's IALW in the fourth!

AMAW vs. Wild Honey: AMAW gets a TKO in the ninth!

CFYT vs. Peace on Earth: CFYT wins by default since POE didn't show up.

OSC vs. WILATW: OSC wins by KO in the seventh!

OOTS vs. New York: OOTS smashes NY with it's heel before they get to the ring.

Yahweh vs. Grace: Yahweh KO's Grace 12 seconds into the fight...

tkramer said:
AMAW vs. Wild Honey: AMAW gets a TKO in the ninth!

I can live with the rest but not this one. (And this from a Wild Honey fan).

But this did make me laugh!!

Last edited:
Vertigo vs. BD: It is a highly rare Double KO, both punches landed at the exact same moment sending both to the mat at the same time. "Wow Bob, you ever seen anything like this?" "Nope, those two should have gone fishing together or something."

Miracle_Drug vs. Stuck: MD wins by TKO after SIAM got all tangled in the ropes and could not fight, well cause, it was stuck.

SYCIOYO vs. elevation: Elevation studio version tapped out and tapped in his Live brother and sent SYCIOYO running to edge for more training.

LAPOE vs. Walk On: WO pulled out the single version ending with all of the hallelujah glory and sent LAPOE crying to the floor asking forgiveness.

COBL vs. Kite: COBL kicked the shit out of Kite, and Kite deferred to his greater OSC.

ABOY vs. IALW: ABOY KO's IALW after just a little while.

AMAW vs. Wild Honey: Wild Honey AMAW gets a TKO in the ninth! Good call!

CFYT vs. Peace on Earth: CFYT wins by default since POE didn't show up now that LAPOE has surpassed it in greatness.

OSC vs. WILATW: Decide to both beg to be granted live performances and not to have to fight at all.

OOTS vs. New York: NY smashes OOTs with it's heel before they get to the ring, and then rises from the ashes to run to edge for some more power and less piano softness (though I love it just the way it is, it is just that NY has a lot of punch to it).

Yahweh vs. Grace: Yahweh KO's Grace 12 seconds into the fight...BUT then asks for forgiveness as well.

Just my spin on it.

RobVox

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck In A Moment
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Walk On
5. Kite
6. In A Little While
7. Wild Honey
8. Peace on Earth
9. When I Look at the World
10. New York
11. Yahweh

ATYCLB: 9
HTDAAB: 2

Vertigo vs. BD: Beautiful Day
MiracleDrug vs. Stuck: Miracle Drug
SYCIOYO vs. elevation: SYCIOYO
LAPOE vs. Walk On: Walk on
COBL vs. Kite: Draw
ABOY vs. IALW: ABOY
AMAW vs. Wild Honey: AMAW BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS
CFYT vs. Peace on Earth: CFYT
OSC vs. WILATW: OSC again by leaps and bounds
OOTS vs. New York: tkramer: "OOTS smashes NY with it's heel before they get to the ring." Yep :up:
Yahweh vs. Grace: I actually have a soft spot for grace so...draw

ATYCLB: 2
HTDAAB:7
DRAW:2

Last edited:
Alright here I go my friends :yes:

1- Vertigo v/s Beautiful Day: Beautiful day wins
2- Miracle Drug v/s Stuck In A Moment: Miracle Drug wins
3- Sometimes You Can´t... v/s Elevation: Sometimes You... wins
4- Love And Peace v/s Walk On: Walk On wins
5- City Of Blinding Lights v/s Kite: City Of Blinding Lights wins
6- All Because Of You v/s In A Little While: ABOY wins
7- A Man And A Woman v/s Wild Honey: A Man And A Woman wins
8- Crums For Your Table v/s Peace On Earth: Crums wins
9- One Step Closer v/s When I Look At...: When I look at wins
10- Original Of Species v/s New York: Original Of Species wins
11- Yahweh v/s Grace: Yahweh wins

:wave:

Last edited:
1. Beautiful Day
2. Miracle Drug kicks the shit outta Stuck
3. Elevation
4. Walk on
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. All Because of you
7. A Man and a Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. They both suck, so draw
10. I personally like New York better *Gets ready to be hit*
11. Yahweh

ATYCLB: 4
HTDAAB: 6
Draw: 1

HTDAAB takes the lead because every song on ATYCLB stinks after Walk On,,,,(With the exception of Kite and New York)

I actually did this in my head last night:

1)Beautiful Day
2)Miracle Drug
3)SYCMIOYO
4)Walk On
5)COBL
6)ABOY
7)AMAAW
8)CFYT
9)When I Look At The World
10)OOTS
11)Yahweh

8-3 in favor of HTDAAB

Vertigo vs. BD: I can't choose. Good start.

Miracle_Drug vs. Stuck: MD

SYCIOYO vs. elevation: I really can't compare these two tracks. They're way too different. I adore them both.

LAPOE vs. Walk On: LAPOE

COBL vs. Kite: COBL

ABOY vs. IALW: ABOY

AMAW vs. Wild Honey: Wild Honey...I *think*

CFYT vs. Peace on Earth: CFYT

OSC vs. WILATW: WILATW

OOTS vs. New York: OOTS

Yahweh vs. Grace: ....Yahweh

ATYCLB = 2
HTDAAB = 7
Tie = 2

Comparing the songs based on track order seems a little bit siperficial to me, so I'll try to group together the songs that sound similar to me:

1) BD vs Vertigo - I think Vertigo has a lot more "ooomph" than BD. Never liked BD that much, so...
2) Stuck In A Moment vs Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Can't they make shorter song titles?) - I'm a HUGE fan of Stuck, but "Sometimes..." is growing a lot on me lately (If a can call a weekend "lately" :lol:), so this one is a draw.
3) Elevation vs ABOY - I really did not like ABOY, and I think Elevation is the best song on ATYCLB, so I guess that makes Elevation a winner :)
4) Walk On vs COBL - Walk On is a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT song... but COBL amazed me so much that it gets the vote here.
5) Kite vs Miracle Drug - I did not like Miracle Drug the first time I listened to it (but I'm starting to like it now), but Kite is a favorite of mine... this one is still too close to call.
6) IALW vs Love And Peace Or Else - I loved both, but IALW holds a special place in my heart.
7) Wild Honey vs A Man And A Woman - AMAAW was the best surprise on HTDAAB to me by now. First round, first punch win.
8) Peace On Earth vs One Step Closer - POE made me cry the first time I listened to it. OSC, however, seems a lot more focused and softer to me. Besides, I can relate to the "father" theme much more than the Omagh bombing. OSC gets it.
9) When I Look At The World vs Crumbs From Your Table - The only reason I grouped these together is the fact that I think both suck. I can't call a winner, then, but I still think WILATW is so crappy that I'll give the win to CFYT.
10) New York vs OOTS - Well, these two sound nothing like each other, but it'll have to do :) I didn't like New York at first listen, but I can't relate to OOTS either. Can't declare a winner.
11) Grace vs Yahweh - Grace seems to me like a much better way to end an album than Yahweh, so it gets it.

HTDAAB - 5
ATYCLB - 3
Draw - 3

1. Vertigo punches Beautiful Day squarely in the face, but BD comes from behind and trips Vertigo! One tune is a pure rocker, the other an emotional powerhouse... it's a close call. Probably Beautiful Day but I'm gonna call it a tie.
2. Edge's guitar in Miracle Drug puts Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out Of stuck in a moment that it can't get out of. SIAM is brilliant but MD owns it, musically if nothing else.
3. Elevation kicks Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own in the stomach, so Sometimes cuts Elevation's head off.
4. The industrial growl of Love and Peace or Else and Edge's dirty guitar knock Walk On down, but in the end Walk On puts up a good fight and proves itself a true classic with some "hallejuahs" that somehow snuck onto the single version...sorry LAPOE.
5. Cheesy strings vs. a brilliant buildup? City of Blinding Lights has it at first, but Kite redeems itself and seems to come out ahead... and then there was "ALL - YOU - LOOK - SO -BEAU-TI-FUL tonight." The wind picked up and blew Kite away.
6. In a Little While didn't last a little while. The beginning of All Because Of You stabbed it straight in the gut with pure awesomeness.
7. In an excruciatingly close battle, Adam's bassline on A Man and a Woman slowly eats away at Wild Honey until AMAAW's final falsetto makes it the obvious victor.
8. Peace on Earth is now living off the Crumbs From Your Table... POE didn't stand a chance, the poor thing.
9. One Step Closer is one step closer to beating When I Look at the World when the drums build up, but no can do.
10. Original of the Species hits New York where it hurts - right in the balls. So New York counters by becoming undeniably awesome and the end is a tie.
11. Grace gave up before it even started. Yahweh!

HTDAAB: 7 ATYCLB: 2 Tie: 2

AtomicBono said:
1. Vertigo punches Beautiful Day squarely in the face, but BD comes from behind and trips Vertigo! One tune is a pure rocker, the other an emotional powerhouse... it's a close call. Probably Beautiful Day but I'm gonna call it a tie.
2. Edge's guitar in Miracle Drug puts Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out Of stuck in a moment that it can't get out of. SIAM is brilliant but MD owns it, musically if nothing else.
3. Elevation kicks Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own in the stomach, so Sometimes cuts Elevation's head off.
4. The industrial growl of Love and Peace or Else and Edge's dirty guitar knock Walk On down, but in the end Walk On puts up a good fight and proves itself a true classic with some "hallejuahs" that somehow snuck onto the single version...sorry LAPOE.
5. Cheesy strings vs. a brilliant buildup? City of Blinding Lights has it at first, but Kite redeems itself and seems to come out ahead... and then there was "ALL - YOU - LOOK - SO -BEAU-TI-FUL tonight." The wind picked up and blew Kite away.
6. In a Little While didn't last a little while. The beginning of All Because Of You stabbed it straight in the gut with pure awesomeness.
7. In an excruciatingly close battle, Adam's bassline on A Man and a Woman slowly eats away at Wild Honey until AMAAW's final falsetto makes it the obvious victor.
8. Peace on Earth is now living off the Crumbs From Your Table... POE didn't stand a chance, the poor thing.
9. One Step Closer is one step closer to beating When I Look at the World when the drums build up, but no can do.
10. Original of the Species hits New York where it hurts - right in the balls. So New York counters by becoming undeniably awesome and the end is a tie.
11. Grace gave up before it even started. Yahweh!

HTDAAB: 7 ATYCLB: 2 Tie: 2

I just can't stop picturing that :laugh: :D :lol: :applaud: :eeklaugh: :lmao:

Last edited:
Vertigo vs. BD: A brawler but Beautiful Day's positive attitude leaves it standing at the end
Miracle Drug vs. Stuck: One punch and Stuck is on the mat and Miracle Drug is victorious
SYCIOYO vs. Elevation: Elevation was so focused on bobbing around that SYCIOYO finds Elevation's blind spot and gives it a smash on the chin, knocking it to the ground; SYCIOYO wins by a knockout
LAPOE vs. Walk On: Can't one of them fight OSC instead? <g>
COBL vs. Kite: Kite flies high with a TKO to COBL
ABOY vs. IALW: Another brawler on both sides, IALW by a decision
AMAW vs. Wild Honey: AMAW slithers in with a right hook and Wild Honey is down for the count
CFYT vs. Peace on Earth: CFYT leaves nothing on the table for POE to devour and CFYT wins by TKO
OSC vs. WILATW: The match is called off as OSC goes to fight Walk On and WILATW squares off against LAPOE :-D
OOTS vs. New York: Neither trainer will let their fighters out of the dressing room, so the match is called off
Yahweh vs. Grace: Yahweh shows Grace no mercy

Final Tally: HTDAAB 5, ATYCLB 3, with three matches called off, although LAPOE eventually wins against WILATW and Walk On pummels OSC in the revamped fight schedule. :wink:

1. "Vertigo" How could it not win? I mean, if these songs are straight-up fighting, then "Vertigo" would lay the proverbial smack down, boys and girls.
2. "Stuck in a Moment" Well, muscle-wise, "Miracle Drug" would obviously bust "Stuck" in the lip...but whatever. I really find "MD" to be pretty boring and predictable, and at least "Stuck" was a decent sing-along live...
3. "Sometimes..." I have to go with this song because the album mix of "Elevation" was a piece of shit. Typical soulless production from contemporary Eno/Lanois (what happened to those guys, man?). "Sometimes..." would leave "Elevation" crying, anyway...it'd play the emotional card and take the cake. "Tomb Raider Mix," though...might be a bit different.
4. "Love and Peace..." Those guitars, man...those guitars. I think "Walk On's" predictable ass would be dumbfounded by those industrial noises to open the song, anyway. The heart of glass would indeed crack, ladies and gents.
5. "Kite" I love this damn song, man. LOVE IT. Again, "City" would just be left weeping, too overcome with emotion to properly spar.
6. "All Because of You" Gotta' love that kick-ass appropriation of the jam which used to close "The Last Night on Earth" when played live during PopMart.
7. "Wild Honey" Van Morrisson would be proud...and NOT of "A Man and a Woman," either. Wretched song, all the way..."Wild Honey" may be silly, but it ain't no bitch.
8. "Crumbs" Default victory. "Peace on Earth" is too much of a pussy to show up, anyway.
9. "One Step Closer" and "When I Look at the World" suffer through a draw. Two pretty simple, unexiting songs which don't bring too much to the table. If "One Step" would render "...the World" too emotional to fight, so too would "...the World" leave "One Step" in a coma.
10. "Original" I don't LOVE this song, but I sure as shit HATE "New York." After the, "Irish, Italians, Jews and Hispanics/Religious nuts, political fanatics" lines (maybe the worst ever written by a "real" artist like Bono), "Original" laughs in the face of the world's greatest city (much better represented by a set of blinding lights, anyway), spits in its face and gives it a good, swift kick to the kidney. Bout over.
11. "Yahweh" "Grace" is horrific. "Yahweh" is not. Booyakasha.

Beautiful Day v. Vertigo: Draw. Both introductions fit for very different albums.
Stuck in a Moment v. Miracle Drug: Stuck narrowly wins. I do love that song. MD may take a while for me.
Elevation v. SYCMIOYO- SYCM owns Elevation.
Walk on v. LAPOE-

you know what, I can't do it anymore

But, I can say that "Grace" is nothing without "Yahweh"

Back
Top Bottom