Toronto 2: A Re-Evaluation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jachba

The Fly
Hi everyone,
I understand the criticism that was directed at the band for delivering a shortened set list (20 songs) particularly after it was reported earlier that day that MOFO and Discotheque were rehearsed, lead to expectations that at least one or both would surface during the show. Add to the fact that a few songs were dropped and not replaced and you have the perfect recipe for thinking that the band got lazy and/or went throught the motions.
There is a recording of the show in mp3 format that is in the process of being uploaded on U2Star (as I post) and I have downloaded the first 12 songs and listened to them. I can tell you that even though the set list may have seemed uninspired the performance certainly wasn't. The band (especially Edge, who was on another level entirely: his playing on "I Still Haven't Found..." was better than anything I have heard in years) was definitely flowing from the get-go. I would highly recommend getting a copy of this show (the recording is very good as well).

jachba said:
Hi everyone,
I understand the criticism that was directed at the band for delivering a shortened set list (20 songs) particularly after it was reported earlier that day that MOFO and Discotheque were rehearsed, lead to expectations that at least one or both would surface during the show. Add to the fact that a few songs were dropped and not replaced and you have the perfect recipe for thinking that the band got lazy and/or went throught the motions.
There is a recording of the show in mp3 format that is in the process of being uploaded on U2Star (as I post) and I have downloaded the first 12 songs and listened to them. I can tell you that even though the set list may have seemed uninspired the performance certainly wasn't. The band (especially Edge, who was on another level entirely: his playing on "I Still Haven't Found..." was better than anything I have heard in years) was definitely flowing from the get-go. I would highly recommend getting a copy of this show (the recording is very good as well).

Edge was in the zone...my sister was parked right in front of him in the ellipse. She said he appeared to be in a musical trance of some kind....I'm thinking he was making contact with his home planet, that one from the future Bono mentioned...I'll call it planet Edgeor.

On paper, after being spoiled thoughout the tour hearing fantastic songs....the setlist seemed a bit short and a little disapoointing since FAST CARS & IN A LITTLE WHILE were played 2 nights earlier....
But all and all, after listening to the performance.. I thought it was an excellent show IMO.

jachba said:
The band (especially Edge, who was on another level entirely: his playing on "I Still Haven't Found..." was better than anything I have heard in years)

how? he's been playing it the same way for years.

jachba said:
[ There is a recording of the show in mp3 format that is in the process of being uploaded on U2Star (as I post) and I have downloaded the first 12 songs and listened to them.[/B]

Where do I find this download. I was there at the 2nd show, and would like it as a souveneir!

The show was great - they were all certainly very into it.

Re: Re: Toronto 2: A Re-Evaluation

Knapster said:

Where do I find this download. I was there at the 2nd show, and would like it as a souveneir!

The show was great - they were all certainly very into it.

it's at joeahorro.com....great recording....i was there too:)

i Had to make sure that I re-listened to make sure I hadn't been hearing things

BULLET THE BLUE SKY - hands down, THE best BTBS solo of the ENTIRE Vertigo tour....unless someone can point me to a better one..

Too many highlights to list...

All in all I think we got spoiled in Toronto this week :) :)

Re: Re: Toronto 2: A Re-Evaluation

angelordevil said:

Edge was in the zone...my sister was parked right in front of him in the ellipse. She said he appeared to be in a musical trance of some kind....I'm thinking he was making contact with his home planet, that one from the future Bono mentioned...I'll call it planet Edgeor.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! EDGE IS GOD!

what song has been playing as an intro song for Toronto-2 show? Does anybody have an idea? I liked it so much.

Back
Top Bottom