Top 11 Lamest U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys, I'm looking to get into other bands all the time. They sound pretty good, i'll have a look on play.com and will buy images and dreams, I''ll let you know what i think.
Thanks

Liam and I will both agree Dream Theater's James LaBrie is an excelent vocalist, but it seems people either love him or hate him. I personally consider his soaring vocals to be excellent.

If you like Rush's Geddy Lee at all, LaBrie shouldn't be a bother. And whatever the case, the music itself is extremely well made; these guys know how to play their instruments at an extremely high level.

Sounds like I could become a fan!!
Thanks again.
Just re-read your "lame 11", got to agree on stuck in a moment, it gets into my top 11 as well.

I hope you enjoy! :)

And Stuck always makes me cringe. The acoustic version's not so bad though, given it isn't covered with cheesy, bubblegum production. Still not really looking forward to hearing it live though (due to the Hutchence connection, I can't see the band NOT performing Stuck at the Aussie shows).

It does without saying!!
However, i have zero symathy for you, as you're bound to get to hear the majestic One Tree Hill!!!!! Possibly my all time fave U2 song.

An Cat Gav said:
It does without saying!!
However, i have zero symathy for you, as you're bound to get to hear the majestic One Tree Hill!!!!! Possibly my all time fave U2 song.

Oh man, I hope we get a full, electric One Tree Hill - I fear it'll be just an acoustic version or an extended snippet, though. At least U2 have plenty of time to rehearse ...

I think I'm gonna tie Axver to a chair and put him in a closed room and play the U2 Axver mix endlessly on repeat forever...

1. In A Little While
2. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
3. Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
4. One
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. Red Light
7. One (extended mix)
8. Ultraviolet (Baby Baby Baby mix)
9. The 'Achtung Baby is the greatest album ever' collage
10. So Cruel (instrumental mix)

:evil:

if that collage is something like 6 minutes long I would prefer it to the actual album maybe :hmm:

:D

My list, in chronological order. :wink:

Is That All? - Absolute crap. Next.

With A Shout - Pretty horrible. It sounds like Rejoice, minus good lyrics.

Elvis Presley And America - A bunch of self-indulgent noise that goes nowhere.

Indian Summer Sky - An embarassment not just to U2, but music in general. Bono's vocals are awful, the song has zero melody, and really, it's just a waste of space. Filler, really.

Love Is Blindness - Yes, I'm being serious. This track is an overrated mess. The totally goth lyrics are enough to try and get over, but when the song has no melody and one of Edge's worst solos by far (what does he play, one note over and over?) you have to move on.

The Wanderer - Synthesizers and Johnny Cash; what were they inhaling when they came up with this?

Miami - Amusing, but far less than palatable. It's just a bunch of noise with no statement-of-purpose attatched.

Stuck In A Moment - LOL. That's all I can say. Where did they get this greeting card-level crap from; a greeting card? :lmao:

Elevation - It sounds like Britney Spears's version of "I Want Rock N' Roll", except with more balls. Barely. A midi recording of this probably wouldn't be terribly different than the original. Listen to it live to truly experience this track (because it's really quite good) but the album version is AWFUL.

Grace - The lyrics don't even rhyme or fit together. It sounds like Bono wrote a really bad poem and had the band play in the background.

Original Of The Species - Flippin' cheesy. Lousy lyrics, average melody, and does Bono really need to ruin Edge's solo by going "dud-it-dud-it-dud-it" over the top? And why does said irritation need to be mixed so loudly? :huh:

LemonMelon said:

Love Is Blindness - Yes, I'm being serious. This track is an overrated mess. The totally goth lyrics are enough to try and get over, but when the song has no melody and one of Edge's worst solos by far (what does he play, one note over and over?) you have to move on.

The Wanderer - Synthesizers and Johnny Cash; what were they inhaling when they came up with this?

wow...I disagree about love is blindness:shocked: ..edges solo is:drool:

The wanderer has Bono's best lyrics in my opinion......

:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

The wanderer has Bono's best lyrics in my opinion......

:wink:

I agree that it has great lyrics. I'm sad about what they did to the Zooropa version. :(

Like I've said before though, the live version is :up:

In no particular order:
Red light, 4 of July, Daddy's gonna pay..., Elvis Presley and America, Miami (top spot), Do you feel loved, Grace, A man and a woman, Playboy mansion and Numb.

I didn't want to include anything from the first two album as they were only starting out. I also don't mind the "fun" songs so stuff like Elevation or Some days... won't make it on my list.
We aren't including Passengers are we? A lot of stuff from there would be strong material for the list...

Last edited:
Okay, I'm not Pop's biggest fan but Mofo and Wake up dead man do not belong in that list, they are some of U2's best songs. I agree with Miami though and Trip through your wires

Is that all? should be there as well, giant piece of crap

Since everyone lists the worst songs instead I have to redeem my list

WORST songs

1. In A Little While
2. Peace On Earth
3. Love Rescue Me
4. When Love Comes To Town
5. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
6. Lemon
7. Stuck In A Moment
8. Sweetest Thing
9. A Man And A Woman
10. Big Girls Are Best
11. So Cruel

Am I the only one in here that I listen to an Achtung Baby song in Elvis Presley and America, 7 years before 1991 ? :shocked:

Screwtape2 said:
I'm surprised The Playboy Mansion hasn't shown up on that many lists. Remember some of the lines?
"If OJ was more than a drink
And a big man bigger than you think."
or
"If Coke is a mystery
Michael Jackson, history."

Um. That's the point of the song. That pleasure and the worries of society are fleeting. :| The fact that the whole song sounds dated proves its point. I love it.

And plus...that guitar sound...:drool:

LemonMelon said:

Um. That's the point of the song. That pleasure and the worries of society are fleeting. :| The fact that the whole song sounds dated proves its point. I love it.

And plus...that guitar sound...:drool:

I agree with you about the guitar sound but I find the lyrics to be way below Bono not for the fact they are dated but because it really sounds weak and forced. I respect your opinion and the fact that Bono was rushed to finish this song but it still surprises me that more people don't have this song on thier lists. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Screwtape2 said:

I agree with you about the guitar sound but I find the lyrics to be way below Bono not for the fact they are dated but because it really sounds weak and forced. I respect your opinion and the fact that Bono was rushed to finish this song but it still surprises me that more people don't have this song on thier lists. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Perhaps I'm just explaining away poor lyrics, but there's something about the song that draws me to it. And it's perfectly placed before Velvet Dress. :yes:

I'll play.

1. Jesus Christ- the only U2 song I simply cannot listen to. It's absolutely cringe-worthy.

The rest, in no particular order:

Big Girls Are Best
Vertigo
Elevation
Stuck in a Moment (album version)
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
Fortunate Son
Miracle Drug
When Love Comes to Town
Love Rescue Me
All Because of You

Honorable mentions:

R&H version of Still Haven't Found
A Man and a Woman
Peace on Earth

Screwtape2 said:
I'm surprised The Playboy Mansion hasn't shown up on that many lists. Remember some of the lines?
"If OJ was more than a drink
And a big man bigger than you think."
or
"If Coke is a mystery
Michael Jackson, history."

Probably because we've since created Paris Hilton and Reality TV and the song just keeps on gaining relevancy.

don't make those particular lyrics stink any less though

I'm sure Bono could have delivered that same message with lyrics that actually are not on a level similar to that of my friends trying to be smart arses at a bar at 2 am

Zootlesque said:
I think I'm gonna tie Axver to a chair and put him in a closed room and play the U2 Axver mix endlessly on repeat forever...

1. In A Little While
2. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
3. Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
4. One
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. Red Light
7. One (extended mix)
8. Ultraviolet (Baby Baby Baby mix)
9. The 'Achtung Baby is the greatest album ever' collage
10. So Cruel (instrumental mix)

:evil:

I would kill myself by cracking my head open on the chair.

Before hearing Stuck live, I would've included it on my list, but it absolutely takes a 180 turn when it's acoustic and not buried under all that overproduction.

My list would have to include Velvet Dress (possibly the most boring, coma-inducing chord sequence I've heard, even if the lyrics are excellent), Red Light, Boy/Girl, Miami (it's not so bad live, but just a downer paired with Playboy Mansion on Pop and ruins the whole flow of the album), Playboy Mansion, Grace :| and COBL. Love and Peace, as well--the music is absolutely some of the best U2 have come out with in a long time, it sounds fresh and interesting, but the lyrics!

Yahweh tops it all off. The synthesizers. No.

you all have shit taste in music :happy:

kidding, kidding. it's just funny that we all love the same band but disagree so much! I guess that says something about U2's vast catalouge, even undisputed classics aren't so undisputed.

Crumbs From Your Table - Awful production, generic music. The only really brilliant part is the end of the song...oh wait that's Electrical Storm! :happy: :|

A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel - boring!

The Three Sunrises - I really don't like this song :yuck:

hmm, that's all I can think of so far, really U2 doesn't have a lot of shitty songs. Grace and Scarlet are pretty boring, but I usually enjoy them within the context of the albums

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom