Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow is garbage day at my house.

Oops, I thought this was a thread about tomorrow.

I find it thoroughly irritating and unlistenable, as is the case with most of the songs on October.

The chorus gets stuck in your head,

'Won't you come back tomorrow
Won't you be back tomorrow
Will you be back tomorrow
Can I sleep tonight.'

Awful stuff :tsk:

jonnytakeawalk said:

Awful stuff :tsk:

You've got to be kidding!!! This is a song about Bono's mother's death. And it's so heartfelt, you can hear it in his voice! Do you really think he repeats that line so many times to annoy you? :| Plus it's got some beautiful Irish pipes! And the 'lamb of God' part is just :drool: And then comes October. :combust:

But to each his/her own. :shrug:

jonnytakeawalk said:

I don't know how you could not find the 'Will you be back tommorow, wont you come back tommorow' repeat irritating.

Yeah, I used to find it annoying too. I'm serious! ... until I started really paying attention to the lyrics, not just the music.. and found out that it was about his mother's death. Then as I listened to it more and more, I could feel that emotion in his voice as he yearned for her to come back.

How's this for religious undertones?

"open it up, open it up
to the lamb (love?) of god
to the love of he who made
the blind to see

He's coming back, he's coming back
I believe it!
Jesus is coming!

I'm gonna be there
I'm gonna be there Mother..."

Any questions about what religion this man is? It is amazing that the biggest rock band in the world has lines like these in its catalog. This must have scared the crap out of the record label at the time.

Back
Top Bottom