To Answer The Last Thread's Question, No (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Bono singing the higher "Into" at the end of the clip, or am I an idiot?

I'm 95% sure it is Bono. Looking forward to being able to hear this song in it's entirety. TS&TM&TS (!) was one they were knocking around during ATYCLB/HTDAAB era. It's possible that they knew they were never going to do anything with it, but that Gavin loved it, so they gave it to him. The overall feel of the music/lyrics is very much Bono/U2 from the early 00s era.

I'm 95% sure it is Bono. Looking forward to being able to hear this song in it's entirety. TS&TM&TS (!) was one they were knocking around during ATYCLB/HTDAAB era. It's possible that they knew they were never going to do anything with it, but that Gavin loved it, so they gave it to him. The overall feel of the music/lyrics is very much Bono/U2 from the early 00s era.

...or from the Pop era.

Discotheque:

"Love, love, love
You want heaven in your heart
Heaven in your heart
The sun, the moon and the stars"
:wave:

Dunno if anyone mentioned it but there is actually a Depeche Mode song called 'The Sun And The Moon And The Stars'. Not that this is relevant in any way. But it's a good song nevertheless :D

That clip of TS&TM&TS is so f*cking good! I don't want to ever stop replaying it! That clip > most of NLOTH.

After all the album will be released
end of 2009
June 2010
end of 2010
May 2011
rumours I'm not going to be believe anything until it's officially announced. Something I should have done to begin with.

end of 2009
June 2010
end of 2010
May 2011
rumours I'm not going to be believe anything until it's officially announced. Something I should have done to begin with.

This summarizes how I feel.

end of 2009
June 2010
end of 2010
May 2011
Good point. :up:

Someone asked Bono in Berlin about a new album or European tour, and he said something like "Not this year, but soon."

:|

the major thing here is that "blabbermo.................... i mean bono said".

To be fair, even Bono said "not this year".

We've already stated the issues in these threads. SM is taking up oceans of time. U2 has received bad press for it. The revised SM has to impress. Plus, U2 are still touring. They will return to the U.S. just in time for the revised SM to open. There'll be LOTS of U2 in the news.

One might argue that it would be a good time to release an album. But sometimes it can be overkill. With so much U2 lately, audiences need to miss them. We die-hards want more, more, more, as any die-hards want of their favorite artist.

If U2 want to capitalize on sales, then 4th quarter of 2012 is the next album. If U2 are willing to release whenever the album is ready, then they'll either do another March or June/July release. My bet is for November 2012.

But will they want to tour Spring/Summer 2013 after only two years?

the clock is ticking towards 60. and live is where the money is made. and they also really do seem to enjoy performing, much more than recording.

I think they could still do small arena tours when they get older, and there will definitely be a demand for it, especially if it gets to be more infrequent. But they need to step up the rate of albums getting released in the next decade whether they tour much or not, because the last ten years have been pathetic.

djslk;dja;cjepioawhvneioal;kmds,.afmnbehaivojpla;denjbhvojapfow

these are my thoughts. not this year but..........

scottyT said:
djslk;dja;cjepioawhvneioal;kmds,.afmnbehaivojpla;denjbhvojapfow

I saw this on the mobile app and thought that we had just given up on conversation completely until the new album came out. Like, a forum strike.

Maybe we could do that sometime, see what happens. Fake Edge might not be able to take it.

I'm fine with what the band chooses to do, but they need to quit presenting a different image of what we're getting. I applaud them for being family men, or at least that's what it appears to be. Larry still drives his kids to school!!!!

But I think they need to decide what they want to do. Do they truly want to be a big band going forward? If so, then put out music and back up your talk. If they don't, then they need to stop with this talk of "loads of material, 4 albums worth, lots of hits".

I think over the past decade U2 has really hurt their relationship with the hardcore fans. We're not the pop kids that Bono mentioned before ZooTV, but fans who have stuck around every album, every direction and loved every second of it.....until after Pop. Though I was still very much invested during ATYCLB because it still was a change of direction.

I would love for U2 to just give up these big rock shows and just focus on putting out music. Tour when they want, but lose the mentality that everything they do has to be the biggest and best.

I still don't see an album till at least 2014. We've heard in the past that when U2 shuts down a tour, they immediately go to the studio to capture the "fire" and to get material out much quicker than in the past. Then it's at least 2-3 years from that point.

Age will become an issue, as well as everyone's health. So will be interesting to see if the same formula is followed after this tour, or will they actually follow through and get more music released at a faster rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom