Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
liamcool said:
...Ian...is there even grass on an eight year old?

No matter how he answers this, he's pretty much stepping into a paedophile comment.

liamcool said:

...Ian...is there even grass on an eight year old?

I didn't realise i was making a specific age group joke, i thought it was just a general paedophile joke.

Also, i think it only takes about a few weeks for grass to grow, although the wicket usually produces too much assistance for the seamers with much grass.

Wait, what?

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: no, but it's close in terms of repetition. 9 may 1981 - THREE songs repeated :rolleyes:

I know they said that they didn't have enough material, but I think that's bollocks. There were plenty of pre-Boy and even some Boy era songs that fell by the wayside, Shadows And Tall Trees being the notable example.

But at least one of the songs repeated is 11OTT. :up:

coolian2 said:

I didn't realise i was making a specific age group joke, i thought it was just a general paedophile joke.

Also, i think it only takes about a few weeks for grass to grow, although the wicket usually produces too much assistance for the seamers with much grass.

Wait, what?

Pitch reports have suddenly been forever poisoned for me!

Axver said:
I know they said that they didn't have enough material, but I think that's bollocks. There were plenty of pre-Boy and even some Boy era songs that fell by the wayside, Shadows And Tall Trees being the notable example.

But at least one of the songs repeated is 11OTT. :up:
yeah, exactly. they had enough crap from their demos to fill a concert! they could've played the early version of twilight :giggle: and see, that made me notice too, they didn't even play that song!

coolian2 said:

How did i do?

On a scale of 11-20.

12, just like the girl you've got a crush on. Run along now, go buy her a trainer bra.

coolian2 said:
Just to see Interlands response, i'd love to see U2 play a mirror show. A 20 song set, and 10 songs in just start playing everything already played in reverse.
they've already played a set in reverse, so they might as well do something like that.

i'd love to see dr. dré sitting here bitching about the repetition and see how long it'd take for him to realise it was done on purpose. :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, exactly. they had enough crap from their demos to fill a concert! they could've played the early version of twilight :giggle: and see, that made me notice too, they didn't even play that song!

SATT fell out of U2's live sets before the Boy Tour even began! That's the really bizarre part.

As for the encores, though, I think it was a bit of a cultural thing, with encore for some Europeans having the connotation of "the audience liked it so much, they want to hear it again".

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'd love to see dr. dré sitting here bitching about the repetition and see how long it'd take for him to realise it was done on purpose. :lol:

I'd love to see mofo82 bitch about senior band members playing tricks on their loyal fanbase.

Axver said:
SATT fell out of U2's live sets before the Boy Tour even began! That's the really bizarre part.

As for the encores, though, I think it was a bit of a cultural thing, with encore for some Europeans having the connotation of "the audience liked it so much, they want to hear it again".
that's a shame, as i like satt! i like the demo version a bit better though. but they're both good.

yeah i suppose, although i've never seen any other band do that! and you know me and my love of 80s european bands :wink:

Axver said:
I'd love to see mofo82 bitch about senior band members playing tricks on their loyal fanbase.
ha, and then he'd be promptly pwned when it'd show up on u2torrents and u2start the next day.

it'd be like ohhhh snap son whatcha gonna do now!

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's a shame, as i like satt! i like the demo version a bit better though. but they're both good.

yeah i suppose, although i've never seen any other band do that! and you know me and my love of 80s european bands :wink:

Joy Division and New Order did (New Order would play the short Blue Monday, then the full 10 minute "piss the crowd off version")

The Cure did (Play For Today, Seventeen Seconds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom