Tillicum Road, Vancouver Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(did i ever tell you about the time i had sex on a train? but i still am not a member of the mile high club, it is tragic)

I'm rusty.

Fuckin Egyptians.

S'okay, I am too right now. Been studying indigenous Australian and American history more lately.

Ah, a couple of statues of Nubians and Kushites and some people think that all Egyptians were black. Pretty cute. If you don't mind some slight ranting, I don't know why some black nationalists try and revise history like that - there were some amazing ancient African civilisations below Egypt that more people should know about, instead of drawing more attention to the Egyptians (which Ax and I agree to be the most overrated of ancient civilisations, like that's important).

Wow, this thread is moving fast. Well, just updated the stats spreadsheet.

S'okay, I am too right now. Been studying indigenous Australian and American history more lately.

Ah, a couple of statues of Nubians and Kushites and some people think that all Egyptians were black. Pretty cute. If you don't mind some slight ranting, I don't know why some black nationalists try and revise history like that - there were some amazing ancient African civilisations below Egypt that more people should know about, instead of drawing more attention to the Egyptians (which Ax and I agree to be the most overrated of ancient civilisations, like that's important).

:sigh:, people always tend to neglect that the Egyptians had more in common with the European races.

You mean like the Ethiopians?

So was there a new U2 vid released today or not?

I'm no longer sure WHAT is going on with U2. I'm hoping someone will just give me factual information here. Last time I went into WTAHNN I was told not to quit my day job :(

:sigh:, people always tend to neglect that the Egyptians had more in common with the European races.

You mean like the Ethiopians?

Personally, I always thought the Mesopotamians were more interesting, anyway.

Yeah, like the Aksumites. They were badass. And I think there was even a Kushite pharaoh or two, I don't know - I'm rusty with that area. What I do know is that there's more to ancient African history than the far north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom