Tillicum Road, Vancouver Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, I like stirfries :drool: But I can't seem to come up with a simple flavoring that I like. Any suggestions? :sexywink: LIke a soy sauce something or other, or more of a mexican twist?
i do curry a lot. curry is basically stirfried veggies, with a sauce. so, you have either indian curry or thai curry.

for indian, i use indian curry powder with some yoghurt as the sauce. you can also add cayenne, cumin, etc.

for thai, a curry paste and coconut milk. or one of those mixed thai curry spcices with coconut milk or yoghurt.

otherwise, i use soy sauce and thai sweet chili sauce for stir fry sauce. i've been thinking i should figure out how to make beef and brocolli sauce for a while, it's on my list of upcoming cooking projects along with maybe just maybe french onion soup.

also poached eggs are so good. but i only know how to soft boil, hard boil, scramble, "omlette" aka half scrambled half omlette. i suppose i could fry an egg, cause you just crack it and let it go. but how do you poach eggs?

also poached eggs are so good. but i only know how to soft boil, hard boil, scramble, "omlette" aka half scrambled half omlette. i suppose i could fry an egg, cause you just crack it and let it go. but how do you poach eggs?

My grandma had an egg poacher...I have no idea how it worked, but they were delicious.

Ok wait...

Something out side is one fire...dear God, hold on.

i do curry a lot. curry is basically stirfried veggies, with a sauce. so, you have either indian curry or thai curry.

for indian, i use indian curry powder with some yoghurt as the sauce. you can also add cayenne, cumin, etc.

for thai, a curry paste and coconut milk. or one of those mixed thai curry spcices with coconut milk or yoghurt.

otherwise, i use soy sauce and thai sweet chili sauce for stir fry sauce. i've been thinking i should figure out how to make beef and brocolli sauce for a while, it's on my list of upcoming cooking projects along with maybe just maybe french onion soup.

Alright! I'm gonna try these. Sound easy enough. The thai with coconut milk sounds good. And the thai sweet chili sauce with soy sauce should be easy. A beef and broccoli would be good cuz Lila & Maddy like that.

I made french onion once. It was really good, but a bit of work. I actually roasted rendered beef bones overnight for the broth. It was amazing. That rich broth is important for french onion. I've never done it again though :shrug:

Wiki says:

The egg is cracked into a pan of simmering water and simmered until the egg white has mostly solidified, but the yolk remains soft. The 'perfect' poached egg has a runny yolk, with a hardening crust and no raw white remaining.[1]

Fresh eggs will yield the best results.[2] Broken into simmering water, the white will stay clinging around the yolk, and the egg results in cooked albumen and runny yolk.

To prevent dispersion of the white of the egg, a small amount of vinegar may be added to the boiling water. Stirring the water vigorously to create a vortex may reduce said dispersion. Special pans, with small cups, allow a number of eggs to be poached at the same time. Other methods of producing poached eggs, such as using cling film to keep the egg perfectly formed have been documented.[3]

:shrug:

I've never eaten poached eggs. I can't stand runny yolks :barf: I always order my fried eggs over well. The trick to a good fried egg is to lower the heat quite a bit after initially cracking the egg into the pan, that way it can cook through better on one side (without burning) before flipping, that way it won't fall apart.

Alright! I'm gonna try these. Sound easy enough. The thai with coconut milk sounds good. And the thai sweet chili sauce with soy sauce should be easy. A beef and broccoli would be good cuz Lila & Maddy like that.

I made french onion once. It was really good, but a bit of work. I actually roasted rendered beef bones overnight for the broth. It was amazing. That rich broth is important for french onion. I've never done it again though :shrug:
yeah i think the broth would trip me up, i'm lazy. i just like the knorr's instant fransozisch zweibel soupe mix that i could get in austria that i can't find in switzerland despite other knorr's instant soups being widely available.

:naughtygirl:

Shouldn't do that, dear, you're way too good for that.
well, no, i do take drinks for free in exchange for conversation, but the guys i sleep with have something more going for them than $10 worth of drinks they bought me.

(like $25 worht of drinks :shh: :wink: )

Wiki says:

:shrug:

I've never eaten poached eggs. I can't stand runny yolks :barf: I always order my fried eggs over well. The trick to a good fried egg is to lower the heat quite a bit after initially cracking the egg into the pan, that way it can cook through better on one side (without burning) before flipping, that way it won't fall apart.
aaaaah. i do like runny yokes. i'm afraid of failing at trying to cook eggs, too much following rules for my cooking style.

yeah i think the broth would trip me up, i'm lazy. i just like the knorr's instant fransozisch zweibel soupe mix that i could get in austria that i can't find in switzerland despite other knorr's instant soups being widely available.

Nothing wrong with the instant soups. Especially if you don't have much time. Your in Switzerland right now?

It's so smoky, Dear God.
that is intense! i hope it's not bad, and doesn't do any damage to you guys' yhouse.

i've called 911 twice: once in high school when i was with some friends and we thought a starbucks was on fire, it turned out a dumpster in front of it was on fire. it was exciting. the 2 guys i was with went running towards it like idiots while i called 911. then in june, i reported to the superthread as it was happening when there were the 5 driveby gunshots outside my house. ax was around, i don't remember who else.

Offer them some mac 'n cheese :D
:lmao:

every xmas my mom and sister make tons of cookies and brownies of various sorts and take some to the neighborhood fire and police stations. the last few years i have been so sad i keep missing this cause i so wanna get dressed up in hot clothes and bring the men in uniform baked goods. HOT. what can i say, i like attention, and potentially collecting phone numbers.

:lmao:

every xmas my mom and sister make tons of cookies and brownies of various sorts and take some to the neighborhood fire and police stations. the last few years i have been so sad i keep missing this cause i so wanna get dressed up in hot clothes and bring the men in uniform baked goods. HOT. what can i say, i like attention, and potentially collecting phone numbers.

Not as sad as those men in uniform :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom