Thoughts about the new stage design? + Rolling Stone re: T H E C L A W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came accross this from Wrestlemania 24

2414821119_34fe9c27ed.jpg

One cool thing about this photo is you can see that the "legs" are somewhat transparent. This is actually 8 legs, a bit smaller and u2 will have more weight load to hang.

why is it called 360 tour if the stage will not spin? how will there be no obstructed views with 4 Clothed beams on the corners of the stage?

Wow... you finally finished a sentence. You must be angry...

Wow... you finally finished a sentence. You must be angry...
No its just my friends are bombading me with those questions and I know the stage most likely does not spin, I just need some solid statements to back it up sheesh

:bump:

Hey there!

I just wanna alert you to an interesting thing I saw at 360.u2.com...well I dont know if it is any interest to you u2 geeks (and to budding designers who want to emulate Mark Fisher!) but here goes...

I was just browsing through the maps of each stadium out of boredom and curiousity and came across a newly updated map of Gelsenkirchen Veltins Arena which clearly shows sizes of each specific area especially the stage and capacities of the floor, VIP areas and the "inside the claw" zone.

I cant bring the picture up here cos Im using my work's computer which blocked me doing so. Im sure someone here can do that for me to show you what I mean.

Fyi, the A area (the main floor beyond the "inside zone") has capacity of max of over 17,000. The D area (the inside zone) has just 2774 capacity which I think is slightly larger than the heart in 2001 (right?). The VIP area has a bigger capacity than I thought at well over 900 but Im guessing that will not be filled to capacity due to slow sales of VIP tickets.

i dont understand the rest as they are all in dimension sizes :reject: and so on.. but from what I could tell, it looks massive by the looks of those numbers! Can anyone here decipher those figures for us?

cheers

dougal

Some stadiums will have 20,000 GA/floor tickets? Twice as many as I previously thought.

Don't think the arena "heart/ellipse" was ever more than 500. 2-3,000 for stadiums in 2005/6 is my guess.

Some stadiums will have 20,000 GA/floor tickets? Twice as many as I previously thought.

Don't think the arena "heart/ellipse" was ever more than 500. 2-3,000 for stadiums in 2005/6 is my guess.

It's hard to read the map, but I came up with:

VIP Area: 945 x 2 = 1890
Next to VIP: 1736 x 2= 3472
Ellipse: 2774
Behind Ellipse: 9187

Total: 17323.

Total Capacity on Map = 17323

On second thought, it's just too hard to read. They have # and then a number sometimes.

According to this guy, the stage will spin a full 360 degrees during the show.

The stage will be wide open down one end the the stadium and it will turn a full 360 during the show, the tickets behind stage should be some of the best seats in the house according to Tom Wilson VP of ticketing site Tixx.com

And Paul McGuinness says this:

"We've been talking about it for years, and this is the time we're going to do it," the band's manager Paul McGuinness told the Irish magazine, Hot Press. "It will be necessary to tell people a bit about the production before the tickets go on sale because otherwise they're going to say, 'Hold on, that seat is behind the stage.' Now, it's not behind the stage. There is no behind."

Tixx Alert: TICKETS and TOUR: U2 Tour 2009 to use a full 360 stage at one end of Giants stadium here is the offical seating chart

That's a great find, how did you find that?? I can't see those details on the u2.com page....wow there looks like a lot of stuff we haven't seen yet, what with all the greyed out parts (they are large areas), anchor points or what??! Is there a video screens behind and in front of the stage??

That's a great find, how did you find that?? I can't see those details on the u2.com page....wow there looks like a lot of stuff we haven't seen yet, what with all the greyed out parts (they are large areas), anchor points or what??! Is there a video screens behind and in front of the stage??

You can see those maps for all the venues at u2.com at the u2.360.com link...

Go to the tour page at u2.com and click the link that says

CHECK OUT A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE STAGE - 360.U2.COM

Enter then go to dates and venues

You can see those maps for all the venues at u2.com at the u2.360.com link...

Go to the tour page at u2.com and click the link that says

CHECK OUT A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE STAGE - 360.U2.COM

Enter then go to dates and venues

The thing is none of the other images on u2.com have the detail that this particular one has.

Ah ok I see.

(But that is the place it came from anyways, who knows why they gave the detail on that one!)

Ah ok I see.

(But that is the place it came from anyways, who knows why they gave the detail on that one!)

They probably posted it by accident, because it is the old one now. There are probably two sets of graphics - one for the public and one for the venue/internal usage. The venue needs details for planning purposes. It does reveal some interesting details, such as the fact that GA will be between the red zone and seats. The other graphics I've seen (on TM) don't show GA in that area.

"120 trucks will cart it from show to show"

look at that carbon footprint grow, baby! :drool:

360 turning stage ? Could look cool, could look like stuff boybands did in the past...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom