Thoughts about the new stage design? + Rolling Stone re: T H E C L A W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick Photoshop of the Roger's Centre and came up with this:

RogersCentre2copy.jpg

Do you think it's too small???

How did you come up with that scale? Unless Roger's is twice the size of most stadiums, you're way off...

Can anyone confirm that the stage spins? This has been bugging me to death!

Does the stage spin?

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I have been googling it for days and only found a page 1 times with some valid arguments from both side. Having not having a rotating stage. I figured out at first that it was only the camera movements on u2.com that made it seem as if the stage rotated. Then whats with "360" in the name? how would you have an unobstructed view WITHOUT the stage spinning? Any thought on this?

In the graphic representation of the stage setup, you'll notice the background is moving as the stage is, so you're just getting a round view of the stage, like a flyby.

Of course, maybe the whole venue spins as well!

:drool:

wait, the stage is gonna spin, and bono will do his typical running of the laps and not move an inch...the biggest treadmill on the planet

:doh:

He could try running the other way around , then he will look quite fast:hmm:

anyway , I don't think its going to spin... Would be kinda strange too.
I mean LArry would probably go nuts after an hour of rotating.

I am looking forward to seeing this setup. The catwalk ends beyond some 50 yard line so everyone gets close at some point. It's like bringing arena's into stadiums. Gillette will be interesting. The stage will be taller than the stadium by 20 feet!

SMB

Can anyone confirm that the stage spins? This has been bugging me to death!

I think the stage will definately NOT spin.
When you look at the detailed stage set up for the show in Paris, you clearly see that the stage is on one side of the GA-floor.
It's an US indoor stage with seats behind the stage adapted for outdoor stadiums.

I am looking forward to seeing this setup. The catwalk ends beyond some 50 yard line so everyone gets close at some point. It's like bringing arena's into stadiums. Gillette will be interesting. The stage will be taller than the stadium by 20 feet!

SMB

If the stage is that large, how big do you figure the donut-screen is?? I heard 500,000 LED's.....does anyone know how large that is??

Also, Bono said:

Lead singer Bono said the design was intended to overcome the staid traditional appearance of outdoor concerts where the stage was dominated by speaker stacks on either side: "We have some magic, and we've got some beautiful objects we're going to take around the world, and we're inside that object."[9]

What are the other objects....another mirrorball/Lemon....Giant Martini glass??

I think part of the show will include Bono in spandex wrestling Edge who will be wearing a full mask to cover his face. Larry will probably throw in a chair or two and Adam will have Hulk Hogan in a sleeper hold...I can see it now...U2Mania.

The stage designer claimed it would resemble the LAX Disney theme building.....so should look like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom