Things I hate part 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who commit suicide. Every case is different of course but I have very little sympathy for some people.

Mum just told me her cousin (not close) committed suicide. She was a single mother, and she hung herself, and she was found by her 11-year-old daughter :|

How disgusting.

cobl04 said:
People who commit suicide. Every case is different of course but I have very little sympathy for some people.

Mum just told me her cousin (not close) committed suicide. She was a single mother, and she hung herself, and she was found by her 11-year-old daughter :|

How disgusting.

I know where you are coming from, it seems so fecking selfish ~ and it is, in almost every way; try to understand though that when it happens, these poor tortured souls truly and absolutely believe that they are doing the world a favour ~ there are no winners :sad: - my thoughts and prayers to your family and to that poor little girl :hug:

Suicide is a horrible, horrible thing... and while I understand the position that some may feel it is "selfish" or the "easy way out," I just don't buy it. There must be something said for a person to be brought to such a place of despair and loneliness that they genuinely feel the suffering inside weighs more than all the goodness they exude.

While I can no doubt acknowledge the pain, sadness and anger that the woman's suicide has brought to her family and friends, I just think it would be an easy way out for everyone else to just label the act as "cowardice" (or any other pejorative term). Clearly she was very troubled, and the fact that she felt leaving her 11-year-old daughter behind was paramount to living another day... I just feel more sad than angry about the matter (then again, I'm an outsider looking in, so it's easier to say this from my end).

I hope the daughter will manage as best she can :hug:

cobl04 said:
Oh I got that, I meant to only quote the word "misty" so the picture below the ? would make sense (Misty from Pokemon) :lol:

:lol: just outed myself as old and clueless :der:

and I get your anger - 100% - but I also understand, just a little, the struggle and the hurt and the blackness ~ it is just so very very sad :(

Oh I got that, I meant to only quote the word "misty" so the picture below the ? would make sense (Misty from Pokemon) :lol:

:cute: Oh cobbler, u so nerdy!

On the topic of suicide: While I know that it's not an easy decision, and these people are very troubled, I do consider it extremely selfish. Because at that point, suicidal people don't consider other people's feelings, they only think of themselves. Ofcourse, they are troubled and need help and understanding, but committing suicide is about the worst thing you could do to your parents, children, friends and other family. You leave them hanging there(or, watch you hangin.. nevermind, bad joke) without answers and they'll kick themselves over and over again that they didn't prevent it from happening. It's a horrible traumatizing experience that nobody deserves.

Movies involving kids running amok. Almost as bad as horror movies for me. Cheaper By The Dozen, all those type movies. Started watching Cat in the Hat just now but left the room cos there was a scene five minutes in where a kid makes a mess of the house after his hot mum needs it clean. I guess in some ways I'm one of these people who likes everything to go perfectly in movies sometimes :lol:

I think I have come to the conclusion that cover bands almost unanimously suck. Just got back from one, I left after 10 minutes. You could pick the songs they're gonna play from a mile away. Summer of '69, Livin' on a Prayer, It's My Life, Let Me Entertain You, pretty much every AC/DC song (oh wait - they only have one), Eagle Rock... there was a crowd of 20 or so mums/older women dancing at the front... every single cliche was covered in the space of a minute. Ughhhh and people wonder why I go solo to see "gay indie shit"...

You got two days, get yer arse in gear, you can do this! :D
:lol: thanks :) i've really only got one since i won't be able to work on it monday before i go into school. i'm sure i'll be okay though as i usually tend to knock these out in one day anyway. i just don't like the stress! lol.

I think I have come to the conclusion that cover bands almost unanimously suck. Just got back from one, I left after 10 minutes. You could pick the songs they're gonna play from a mile away. Summer of '69, Livin' on a Prayer, It's My Life, Let Me Entertain You, pretty much every AC/DC song (oh wait - they only have one), Eagle Rock... there was a crowd of 20 or so mums/older women dancing at the front... every single cliche was covered in the space of a minute. Ughhhh and people wonder why I go solo to see "gay indie shit"...
:yikes:

I'm alive; I'll get to cuddle my kids when they wake up in a few hours, walk out and feel the rain or the sunshine on my face, the wind as it rustles the leaves, call my mum, tell my husband I love him (even if he drives me crazy), have a laugh with a friend, hell I'll be able to take the rubbish out . . . not hating today, just not

I know this is the hate thread, but I just love this! I am copying you and keeping the hate away....especially this weekend :hug:

I do have to comment on the suicide discussion though...I lost a family member to this about 6 years ago. It's something very few people know about me (until now I guess). I still struggle with it and don't like to talk about it, but instead of hating the person, I feel a deep sadness about the illness that makes you so desperate that you just can't see any other way out. We all know that there was nothing we could have done about it, because you can't help a person if they refuse to be helped. At least that's what I keep telling myself to keep the guilty feelings away.....

So, so sorry!:hug::hug::hug:

I'm following PR's and U2 Mama's lead today and keeping the hate away!:up:

I know this is the hate thread, but I just love this! I am copying you and keeping the hate away....especially this weekend :hug:

I do have to comment on the suicide discussion though...I lost a family member to this about 6 years ago. It's something very few people know about me (until now I guess). I still struggle with it and don't like to talk about it, but instead of hating the person, I feel a deep sadness about the illness that makes you so desperate that you just can't see any other way out. We all know that there was nothing we could have done about it, because you can't help a person if they refuse to be helped. At least that's what I keep telling myself to keep the guilty feelings away.....

Mama :hug:

Suicide is never the answer, ever. But I have felt the odd urge to escape the most awful of times, it passes with work and time, as do all bad things. It's hard to be positive about yourself in the middle of a downward spiral, I guess that's how people go through with it.

As some of you know I've had some dark days and felt awful things that would have been completely foreign a few years ago. You feel like you're a burden, a dead weight, your mistakes and choices make others suffer. If you died the weight would be lifted, the burden gone. You think of the people left behind but your mind is skewed, they'd be sad but wouldn't have to worry about you. Your belongings would be sold, life insurance cashed, people would benefit.

I could never ever kill myself and have someone find me dead. I've lived with two very sad people and sometimes walking into my house not knowing what to expect is just awful. My husband lost his uncle to suicide. The son saw his father's feet swinging from under the garage door with his mother beside him wondering where her husband had gotten to. As bad as life is, you can NEVER put that onto someone else. Jump off a bridge, walk out into the desert but for god's sake don't let your loved ones see that, and leave a note.

I probably should have just left it at the story... I'm in over my head talking about suicide. I don't know anything. Strength and :hug:s to all who need them... I think you me and jen should do coffee in Geelong soon cin!!

which reminds me

I hate that my only exam is this Thursday... AT SIX FUCKING PM! TWO HOURS! What kind of retarded individual schedules an two-hour exam for 6pm??!!

I'll only say this about suicide - it leaves more questions than it ever gives answers and regardless of your personal or religious beliefs, please just remember when speaking to surviving friends or family members that they've lost someone under tragic circumstances & they need your love and support to get through their grief. Your own beliefs on the subject are not needed, no matter how much you think they'll help. Save them for when/if the time comes that you are asked. In my experience, people say things with the most honest of intentions, but it's a very volatile subject & what ma.y be intended to comfort can actually end up being horribly upsetting.

I hate being in a state of almost-sick where I feel unwell and drained of energy and yet not totally ill either. I'd just rather have a full-on honest cold with fever and runny nose, feel like shit for a couple of days, sweat like a pig, and get it out of my system for good.

I hate Apple.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

Why must you make your products so goddam hard to fucking operate. I just want to drag some items from my iphone to my desktop.

And now all my contacts are gone cos I did a software update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom