Things I hate part 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when someone's mad at someone else and takes it out on you instead. please just tell them they're being a shithead so you can get it off your chest, but don't get pissy with me.

You can make it a month on $100 of food if you're careful! When I was in college, my roommate and I would go shopping about once a week and I never bought any food over $3. Ramen noodles can be improved if you throw out the powder packet and mix in some frozen veggies instead. We made a "sick soup" for curing colds that involved Ramen noodles, onions, and a lot of Worcestershire sauce, which is surprisingly spicy. College cooking adventures, FTW.

I went today, shopped it up, spent roughly $55. Got a ton of instamash because it was on sale, and a bunch of pasta with marinara sauce that was buy one get one free...

Hopefully this lasts me ~10-15 days, that'd be awesome.

I went today, shopped it up, spent roughly $55. Got a ton of instamash because it was on sale, and a bunch of pasta with marinara sauce that was buy one get one free...

Hopefully this lasts me ~10-15 days, that'd be awesome.

We have a shop here that sells dented cans, overstocked or unpopular flavours of big brand foods, that sorta thing. It's actually called Not Quite Right :laugh:
I know it's hard but try to leave a little bit of cash for the last few days. You'll be so sick of the same foods that you won't eat at all, you'll need cash to get something different.

good luck :hug: :hug: tough times make you appreciate the good things so much more.

Things I hate...

Instant Mashed Potatoes. I'll go hungry and starve before I finish the other two rations of that shit.

But really, I'll put them to good use. I'm going to make pizza dough and I'll try using one of the packages for flaking the crust on the pizza. Granted... I don't know where I'm getting the cheese for this pizza from...

Depression, speed limits, fast food, the sound of nails on a chalkboard, snow (it should only be allowed to snow one week and that's on Christmas).

Things I hate...

Instant Mashed Potatoes. I'll go hungry and starve before I finish the other two rations of that shit.

But really, I'll put them to good use. I'm going to make pizza dough and I'll try using one of the packages for flaking the crust on the pizza. Granted... I don't know where I'm getting the cheese for this pizza from...

Now I will worry even more!!!

^^yeah, me either which is why I feel like crap

...by the way, did you know you can mix those mashed potatoes with some flour and egg and make homemade pasta (gnocchi)...it's worth trying!

Hmm I may consider that, thanks :D Anything is worth trying rather than eating them straight because I'm gonna be honest... despite all the water you put into dehydrated mashed potatoes... they lack... water.

I like to think I'm having fun with the 'adventure' :D

Good attitude, but I will still worry. You know, it's the mother in me!:wink:

Hate waking up and feeling like I got run over by a truck

:hug: Oh no! Feel better soon.

I hate when people say "I told you so," or they don't say it, but you know they are thinking it. It's my life and my mistakes to make!

I'm going to scare you some more then, mommy! Over the summer I lost about 15-20 pounds via exercise/diet...

I've lost 3 pounds over the past four days. :lol:

Where is Bono when there's a starvin' Floridian child in need?

Hmm I may consider that, thanks :D Anything is worth trying rather than eating them straight because I'm gonna be honest... despite all the water you put into dehydrated mashed potatoes... they lack... water.

If you mix them with milk it tastes slightly better. I approve of the Gnocchi idea too. :D

Sadly I used milk on time 1... the instructions do say to add more water for a thinner texture... who knows.

Got two packets of it left and I just know I'm not eating them the way they were yesterday, that's for damn sure!

I'm going to scare you some more then, mommy! Over the summer I lost about 15-20 pounds via exercise/diet...

I've lost 3 pounds over the past four days. :lol:

Where is Bono when there's a starvin' Floridian child in need?

:panic:

I hate all this homework :grumpy: it makes no sense. I'll improve in art more left to my own to paint a mural in my room, for example.

Buck up, Katie! :rant: Don't quit now!!

If you can somehow turn pink neon shirts into something not completely horrific, then any assignment thrown your way should be a breeze! Go! Go! Go!

...but I do understand the irritation of having to fulfill a completely asinine assignment. College can be a magical and wonderful place, but it's not without its shortcomings (e.g. the bullshit projects... blaaaaah).

Sadly I used milk on time 1... the instructions do say to add more water for a thinner texture... who knows.

Got two packets of it left and I just know I'm not eating them the way they were yesterday, that's for damn sure!

Actually, MrPurrl and I like the Hungry Jack brand of "instant" mashed potatoes just as well as "real" mashed potatoes, and, lazy sods that we are, will probably never again peel, boil, and mash potatoes! You do have to put butter or margarine in them. But a certain store brand that begins with W are truly nasty, no matter what you do to them. :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom