Things I hate part 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: Cin :hug: You're never alone. Even though it may seem like it at dark times, just remember that there's always people there for you.

It was absolutely horrible...a nurse and I had to hold her down while the Dr. pushed it through. I don't think I've ever heard her scream like that before :sad:

:( that is just awful . . . I hope you are both okay :hug:

It's hard to know when to stop caring. :reject: I also imagine the worst, it makes day to day life challenging.

I hate that I can't shake this all consuming depression. Feels like I'm on the edge of breaking through but I've been here before. So very lonely even when surrounded by people, don't have the energy or confidence to feel anything resembling comfortable. I hate that I can see myself literally wasting away and can't seem to halt it.
I"m not asking for help, a lot is brought on by my own negative thinking, just needed to get that out. :up:

oh Cin :hug: :hug: :hug: . . . that makes me so sad to read . . . you're such a pocketful of sunshine for so very many of us; you never fail to make me smile . . . I hope it gets a little easier for you darling girl :hug:

I know that feeling :hug:

:hug: thanks :)

I hate that R.E.M. broke up.

I understand why. I understand that the industry does not treat older artists who still have great talent with ANY respect or support. And I understand and respect that they need to do what is best for them. I am grateful for the years of amazing music.

But I still hate know that they are no more.

And I hope that U2 aren't looking at them (and they are close friends) and thinking.... "maybe they are right". Cuz I'd hate that even more.

When you desperately want to help people who are close to you, and they refuse it by choosing to ignore the problem and to live in denial. You feel you cant do nothing and that your hands are tied. A very good friend of mine has had a serious problem with gambling for a while. He lost his job, got divorced and became total roulette addict. Couple of days ago he stole some cash from my home while we were watching football game. I tried everything, from talking to offering him to pay for a professional help. He doesnt even want to talk about it, says it is only fun and changes subject immediately. And thats someone who I know all my life and who was always there for me when I needed help, more then once. And I can only sit and watch him destroying his life. Because he doesnt let me help him. And I hate that.

When you desperately want to help people who are close to you, and they refuse it by choosing to ignore the problem and to live in denial. You feel you cant do nothing and that your hands are tied. A very good friend of mine has had a serious problem with gambling for a while. He lost his job, got divorced and became total roulette addict. Couple of days ago he stole some cash from my home while we were watching football game. I tried everything, from talking to offering him to pay for a professional help. He doesnt even want to talk about it, says it is only fun and changes subject immediately. And thats someone who I know all my life and who was always there for me when I needed help, more then once. And I can only sit and watch him destroying his life. Because he doesnt let me help him. And I hate that.

The point at which he steals money from you is the point you cut him out of your life. I'm sorry.

No problem! :wink:

My hate? The difference in time zones between my friends and I! :madwife:

R. E. M. breaking up :sad:

This has definitly put a huge damper on my day. Their music has been a big part of my life for many many years. I can't imagine a world without this band, it will certainly be a colder place.

And yes, this news does indeed fill me with a certain fear about U2 doing the same. I know I shouldn't worry, but I do.

Not a good way to start a really sunny and lovely day :sigh:

And :hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone here who's having a hard time and is in need of thoughts and prayers.

I hate this damn cough. :| Seems like I'm headed for another bronchitis. That would be the feckin FOURTH one this year. When will it end?

I hate that although I care for you a great deal, I don't like you very much anymore. The you that was my friend seems to be largely gone, and I fear it's forever. I think you really wanted to be that person...to be that better man...and mostly were for several years, you really were. I really believe you were the best...everything...that you've ever been during that time, and I'm so glad I got to know you and become your friend. But now my heart is breaking because the you I love is gone.

Well I went in the end. It turns out it was a bunch of rap battles, so at least I didn't have to put up with a full show. It still sucked but some of the insults were entertaining.

She didn't respond to any of my advances, like physical touching or the like, so I'd say it's pretty clear now. I didn't profess anything but you have to have signals. Oh well. At least i know. On to the next one.

On your back with the racks as the stacks you load...

I hate that the new facebook is just glorified stalking now.:crack:

aw, cmon, fb has only ever been about the stalking! :lol: . . . but yes, being able to see the full status update / post of people I am not friends with, but friends have responded to makes me a little squeamish :| . . . I guess that ole saying 'if you wouldn't post it on the side of a new york city bus don't post it on fb' never rang truer!

Well I went in the end. It turns out it was a bunch of rap battles, so at least I didn't have to put up with a full show. It still sucked but some of the insults were entertaining.

She didn't respond to any of my advances, like physical touching or the like, so I'd say it's pretty clear now. I didn't profess anything but you have to have signals. Oh well. At least i know. On to the next one.

On your back with the racks as the stacks you load...

I'm sorry :hug: . . . but yep, at least you know . . . and for what it's worth, she's a goose :D :hug:

I hate that the new facebook is just glorified stalking now.:crack:
95-Internet-High-Five.jpg

I kinda felt that way I while ago; it almost became a bit too voyeuristic. And even though social networking has established itself as a very connecting platform, I also feel that it's all too impersonal for my liking - instead of talking directly, it's boiled down to nothing more than a few photo comments, a little "poking" and a handful of "likes"; it's like instead of buying a good friend a well thought-out present for their birthday, they open an envelope to find some cash or a gift card (not that I would complain, but you get the idea).

aw, cmon, fb has only ever been about the stalking! :lol: . . . but yes, being able to see the full status update / post of people I am not friends with, but friends have responded to makes me a little squeamish :| . . . I guess that ole saying 'if you wouldn't post it on the side of a new york city bus don't post it on fb' never rang truer!

Yes, in a way, but now the ticker shows EVERY comment or thing I like, and I hate that.

Catman, I hear what you are saying. I use facebook to keep in contact with my friends that are not near me, but realizing that when someone tags themself in one of my photos, all of their friends can see it, makes me worry. I use internet privacy settings for a reason.

I hate the way Movie Maker is behaving on this computer. It turns out just by leaving it up while I'm out and letting the computer "sleep" while I'm gone, Movie Maker won't work when I come back. Now I have to start my epic video all over again.

I was almost at the end too... :angry:

Well cobbler, looks like I'm going to be sat in front of the telly on a Sat evening cos everyone I know is going on dates or getting shags :grumpy: Feel like a trip to Adelbrain? :wink:

I thought stalking was the point of fb...

blueeyedgirl said:
Well cobbler, looks like I'm going to be sat in front of the telly on a Sat evening cos everyone I know is going on dates or getting shags :grumpy: Feel like a trip to Adelbrain? :wink:

I thought stalking was the point of fb...

Haha all my mates are going out but I can't be fucked. I'm down for that though, do you have Champagne Comedy on DVD or shall I bring it?

It is! That chick that I found said she was "impressed" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom