The old, lazy, wealthy man's tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not saying they will, I'm not starting a rumour, or am I, maybe I am.

There's a rumour going around Tallahassee that I heard, apparently Jeb Bush gets microdoses of 5-MeO-DMT once every hour on the hour by a small Italian "doctor" who travels. It's the only thing keeping the bath salts from taking over - old Jeb has been known to disembowel an alligator with his bare hands when the hunger overcomes his soul. Without Dr. Ferrari, who knows how feral he could really be?

It could just be a rumour - but I'm just saying, people are talking.

It's the short arena run before they come over playing stadiums in 2016.

And nothing says "old folk" like playing arenas including 8 dates in NY. (U2@MSG DVD no doubt)

Where alternating setlists are concerned; I guess they'll have two basic setlists, one of for the Innocence night and the other for the Experience night with a few mix-ups when playing +4 nights in one city... ....this all pops up the question when we will see the 'the songs of Experience' album. When the plays an Innocence based setlist on night 1, they would play an Experienced based setlist on night 2.... just wondering..

Well, I'm on board with the, "Hey, we're getting old" train of thought. I thought for sure they'd play stadiums so they could play fewer shows to more people, making it easier for them. But that'll have to wait for 2016.

As for the logistics of the first North American leg... is it really that dissimilar from Vertigo leg 1?

· 2005-03-28 - San Diego, California, USA - San Diego Sports Arena (23 songs)
· 2005-03-30 - San Diego, California, USA - San Diego Sports Arena (23 songs)
· 2005-04-01 - Anaheim, California, USA - Arrowhead Pond (21 songs)
· 2005-04-02 - Anaheim, California, USA - Arrowhead Pond (24 songs)
· 2005-04-05 - Los Angeles, California, USA - Staples Center (24 songs)
· 2005-04-06 - Los Angeles, California, USA - Staples Center (23 songs)
· 2005-04-09 - San Jose, California, USA - HP Pavilion (23 songs)
· 2005-04-10 - San Jose, California, USA - HP Pavilion (24 songs)
· 2005-04-14 - Glendale, Arizona, USA - Glendale Arena (24 songs)
· 2005-04-15 - Glendale, Arizona, USA - Glendale Arena (22 songs)
· 2005-04-20 - Denver, Colorado, USA - Pepsi Center (24 songs)
· 2005-04-21 - Denver, Colorado, USA - Pepsi Center (22 songs)
· 2005-04-24 - Seattle, Washington, USA - Key Arena (24 songs)
· 2005-04-25 - Seattle, Washington, USA - Key Arena (23 songs)
· 2005-04-28 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - GM Place (23 songs)
· 2005-04-29 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - GM Place (24 songs)
· 2005-05-07 - Chicago, Illinois, USA - United Center (23 songs)
· 2005-05-09 - Chicago, Illinois, USA - United Center (25 songs)
· 2005-05-10 - Chicago, Illinois, USA - United Center (25 songs)
· 2005-05-12 - Chicago, Illinois, USA - United Center (23 songs)
· 2005-05-14 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - Wachovia Center (23 songs)
· 2005-05-17 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA - Continental Airlines Arena (25 songs)
· 2005-05-18 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA - Continental Airlines Arena (22 songs)
· 2005-05-21 - New York, New York, USA - Madison Square Garden (24 songs)
· 2005-05-22 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - Wachovia Center (22 songs)
· 2005-05-24 - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - Fleet Center (22 songs)
· 2005-05-26 - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - Fleet Center (22 songs)
· 2005-05-28 - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - Fleet Center (25 songs)

California? Check. Pacific Northwest? Check. Arizona and Colorado? Check, check. Chicago? Check. Northeast? Check.

South, Southeast? Nope. The only real difference is San Diego, San Jose, two in Philadelphia and just less in the New York and Boston markets.

Obviously the third leg was a different story; a lot more in NYC and Boston, but they also ended up going all over.

From a geographic perspective, it's pretty much the same as Vertigo's first leg.

Does the Denver date provide hope to any other cities across the middle-US?

I'm no UPS logistics experts, but just looking at a map those six days between Denver and Montreal could yield a stop in Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Minneapolis or Pittsburgh to name a few.

{sorry Dallas, you look too far south, but Jerry Jones does have a massive ego, I mean check book}

If I had to bet your lunch money, I'll bet one more stop gets added between Denver and Montreal.

Does the Denver date provide hope to any other cities across the middle-US?

I'm no UPS logistics experts, but just looking at a map those six days between Denver and Montreal could yield a stop in Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Minneapolis or Pittsburgh to name a few.

{sorry Dallas, you look too far south, but Jerry Jones does have a massive ego, I mean check book}

If I had to bet your lunch money, I'll bet one more stop gets added between Denver and Montreal.

Jerry owns a stadium.

I'd bet no on any additional cities being added to this leg, but I'd have bet no on Denver being added as well so who knows.

I had a feeling they would add something in the area where the 7th and 8th LA shows were supposed to happen. Denver was the most logical choice, because it's on the way from LA to Montreal, and it's a city they can sell out 2 nights. And geographically there are no other shows near it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They WILL NOT add on to the beginning or the end of the first leg, right? :madwife:

RIGHT?!?!

U2.com did emphasise the eighth NYC show will be the last of the North American leg when it was added.

But then it is U2.com, so they'll probably add a whole run of shows in Wyoming for August.

U2 Announces 4 Shows on top of Devils Tower - August 2015

Thats because Bono just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind and thinks its made of mashed potatoes.

mashedmountain.jpg

Maybe the tour is being based around the 'innocence' theme in regards to U2's early days of touring the US, when they'd stick to mostly a bunch of shows in the Northeast. For the 2016 leg (when they're more 'experienced,') they'll travel all over the place like they did for the Popmart/Elevation tours.

:)

I think people are too whiney. Yeah I get it traveling for some isn't easy or even possible but lets be real. These guys are in their mid 50s, they've paid their dues and have done almost everything for the fans in the past. Now is their chance to do it this way and those who want to and can travel will.

I mean some people whine because U2 is playing a 4 hour drive away from them. Try living in places where the closest show is at least a 30 hour drive away. It's not always gonna be perfect for everyone and to think it will or should be is ridiculous. I mean people complaining that they aren't playing in Detroit BUT they are playing 5 shows in Chicago. That is only a 4 hour drive away. Sorry if I don't have sympathy for some. The closest shows for me are a plane ride away or a 30 hour drive. The next closest to that is a 47 hour drive. I believe if people really want to see them they'll find a way, rather than complain about a show taking place a 4 hour drive away.

Back
Top Bottom