The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crushbeercan.gif

Bananas have sugar in the form of fructose, they also have potassium, which is one of the things you lose a lot of when you've been out getting hammered. Bananas are also a natural antacid which helps with the nausea, and are high in magnesium which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that hangover headache.

found the chemical evidence for the bananas:D

and yes I am a science geek
:reject:

I'm not supposed to know yet but since I had to get them myself...

HTDAAB 12" Vinyl
Vertigo retail 12" vinyl
U2 Show (reduced at Whsmiths! :up: )

The rest is mainly clothes and cash (I think) for me to spend on booze :drunk: tomorrow night and to take back to Loughborough for bills, food etc. :uhoh: :(

I couldn't open my presents this morning because my Dad is out of the house before 6am, so I've been waiting patiently all day! :angel: :hyper:

Thank you Dorthe! What a lovely surprise!! :eyebrow: :hug:

I haven't had this much attention since before my younger brother was born!!! :lmao:

nurse chrissi said:
Bananas have sugar in the form of fructose, they also have potassium, which is one of the things you lose a lot of when you've been out getting hammered. Bananas are also a natural antacid which helps with the nausea, and are high in magnesium which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that hangover headache.

found the chemical evidence for the bananas:D

:applaud:

I've said it before - you're my fav. nurse! :D:up:

... if you ever need a pharmacist in your hospital...

nurse chrissi said:
and yes I am a science geek
:reject:

Don't be :reject: ...there's absolutely nothing wrong with being "the one they call for, when the printer is broken down"!
...or whatever it was Edge called himself at the iPod launch! :lol:

Believe me - I know what it's like to be one... :shifty: :D

enajh2 said:
Thank you Dorthe! What a lovely surprise!! :eyebrow: :hug:

You're velcome...

... but what's the :eyebrow: supposed to mean?! :huh:

Last edited:
Merc - I :heart: :heart: :heart: pharmacists

Mine are very cool - they did not hurt me when I dropped an entire bag of xigris on the floor this week - to be fair it was during a code.....but:huh: (they wanted to but they didn't so I'm giving them points for that:))

*Jumps out of cake.....

Happy Birthday Alan!!!*

:dance:

Tara! You are adorable---then and now. :)

Rebekah, I hope everything is ok with you sweetheart. If you ever want to talk on AIM, you can chat with me. I'll be there for you. I'm GlitterVenus, (that's also for everyone else who wants to drop me a line!)... BIG giant :hug: to you!

nurse chrissi said:
Merc - I :heart: :heart: :heart: pharmacists

Mine are very cool - they did not hurt me when I dropped an entire bag of xigris on the floor this week - to be fair it was during a code.....but:huh: (they wanted to but they didn't so I'm giving them points for that:))

Uhh, the expensive stuff! :yikes:

... but I'm glad you like pharmacists - they are, like U2 fans, usually very nice people! :wink:

Last edited:
** Walks into the bar sees Angel with a tuft of whipped cream on her shoulder **

Allow me to get that for you you. :D ** takes a swipe with my finger and gets most of it **

Tastes pretty good!

And Merc :wink: How come it's all over your face? Here I'll get that bit right off of your nose ** takes a finger full and then hands a wet towel to Merc to finish the job **

You ladies really throw yourself into your work! Good job :up:

starsforu2 said:
And Merc :wink: How come it's all over your face? Here I'll get that bit right off of your nose ** takes a finger full and then hands a wet towel to Merc to finish the job **

Ups! :reject:

I didn't notice that... have I be walking around with Alan's birthday cake in my face all night?! :eek:

Thanks Tim! :flirt:

starsforu2 said:
Don't worry it was :cute:, and it was for a good cause. :up:

Can't wait until it's my birthday :hyper:

Well, you're not getting any birthday cake when it's your birthday :tsk:...

... you're getting a big bowl of vegetables! :lmao:

:sexywink:

Getting late here - :yawn: - gotta go, but maybe I'll drop in tomorrow night...

:wave:

starsforu2 said:
** Walks into the bar sees Angel with a tuft of whipped cream on her shoulder **

Allow me to get that for you you. :D ** takes a swipe with my finger and gets most of it **

Tastes pretty good!

You ladies really throw yourself into your work! Good job :up:

Timmy, you're a good man. Thanks for looking out! I can relax in the comfy bed in room number ONE without having to worry about making anything messy.
Picture020.jpg

I wish I knew how to make this picture smaller....:reject:

** The bartender no longer has to imagine what room number ONE looks like :huh: **

:D

If the men don't swarm in here for that one, I pronounce them all gay! :yes:

Would that mean I would have get a picture of me laid out in room number TWO? :confused:

It would be for the good of the bar, of course *ahem* Because everyone knows that I love the ladies :sexywink:

Last edited:
Room number TWO...that must be the door right across the hall! Funny I sauntered over this side of the bar to look for the bathroom and I found a bedroom instead! :shrug:

*wonders what bartender looks like lounging on bed.* :wink:

angel_of_L.A. said:
Room number TWO...that must be the door right across the hall! Funny I sauntered over this side of the bar to look for the bathroom and I found a bedroom instead! :shrug:

*wonders what bartender looks like lounging on bed.* :wink:

Oh, you make me blush :reject: You'll have to keep imagining for a while longer.. I have to go home now!

Talk to you later :wave:

oh and may i add a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fellow snow patroller, Alan! :D

and a BIG hug to rebekah :hug:
i'm sure it'll be ok babes, whatever it is...

starsforu2 said:

:up: :yes: Excellent! I'm a lucky man. f:censored:k Yeah!!!

:dance: :dance:

:hug: and :kiss:

:lol:
glad you like - I struggled to get them to match and look good together. had a stack that looked great apart but rubbish when you grouped them. and Adam was a pain in the ass!!

i'm going to be a very busy girl with a paintbrush this weekend!

digsy said:

:lol:
glad you like - I struggled to get them to match and look good together. had a stack that looked great apart but rubbish when you grouped them. and Adam was a pain in the ass!!

i'm going to be a very busy girl with a paintbrush this weekend!

You are the best :hug: I'll be sure to tell all my friends about it when mine are done. Perhaps they'll have something they are passionate about that would look cool this way.
Digsy, you are one talented woman. :yes: Then again, there are a disproportionate amount of talented people around here who have nothing better to do than to go ga ga about a band. So much for us being the intelligentsia! :lol:

starsforu2 said:

You are the best :hug: I'll be sure to tell all my friends about it when mine are done. Perhaps they'll have something they are passionate about that would look cool this way.
Digsy, you are one talented woman. :yes: Then again, there are a disproportionate amount of talented people around here who have nothing better to do than to go ga ga about a band. So much for us being the intelligentsia! :lol:

thats tragic if you look at it like that!
then again, whats not worth going ga ga about?!? Pleba will argue that there are 4 VERY good reasons for us to give up our lives!! :lol:

digsy said:

thats tragic if you look at it like that!
then again, whats not worth going ga ga about?!? Pleba will argue that there are 4 VERY good reasons for us to give up our lives!! :lol:

:hyper: I'm so excited... by everything! Pictures and concerts and meeting people and a new single coming up! It's all very good and I am very happy at this moment. What's messed up is that I could even be happier. I think I might just burst!

starsforu2 said:

:hyper: I'm so excited... by everything! Pictures and concerts and meeting people and a new single coming up! It's all very good and I am very happy at this moment. What's messed up is that I could even be happier. I think I might just burst!

oooh.... is it friday yet there...???
do you think you're going to pop with pent up energy and excitement :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom