The lover's darkness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
The lover's darkness
is the natural end
to which we all come

It is not death

It is not sleep

The lover's darkness
makes us go blind
when we look in a mirror
replaces our image
with another

There is hope in the darkness
but the hope is not light
it is the wish
that the darkness might not be there
the wish
for removal

The dark is not the enemy
it simply is
and when removal comes
we wish for its return

Not my will

------------
Some day I will write a cheerful love-related poem.
smile.gif

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
The lover's darkness
is the natural end
to which we all come

This poem does a pretty good job of summing up why I am, not really terrified, but very nervous about being in relationships. When I broke up with my last girlfriend, I just couldn't stop crying. She was driving me home one night when I learned that she wanted to break up. I knew that the relationship wasn't working, but there were so many things about her that I loved(?).

She kept right on driving passed my place so that I could get it all out. We were driving away from the city, alongside a mountain range, and it was getting blacker and blacker. I wanted to keep going, but I finally pulled myself together and asked her to turn around.
I felt a little pathetic for crying like that, but I couldn't help it.

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
The lover's darkness
makes us go blind
when we look in a mirror
replaces our image
with another

Well said.

Yes I understand this one completely and have felt that darkness too. You tell it well, scatter of light.

And trav..of course no shame in crying. It proves just how much you felt what it was that was happening to you. There's never any shame in that.

Great piece, Scatter..

It is a great piece, although I (fortunately?) can't say I'm able to relate to it... sometimes I think I'm not really missing much with the whole relationship thing.
confused.gif

Thanks everyone for the comments
smile.gif
Personally, I've never really even been in a real relationship but now I'm afraid just to fall in love, seems like whenever that happens to me I really get hurt. Most people have to be in a relationship to get hurt, but not me, it all just happens in my own little mind
frown.gif

Anyone--do you think the last line, "Not my will," is out of place? It just sort of wrote itself when I wrote the poem and now it seems to sort of stick out and I'm not sure it fits. But I'm not sure I would want it to end just with the previous stanza. If anyone has a thought on this please post it
smile.gif

You are very talented to be able to write a poem like this without ever experiencing a serious relationship. Don't be afraid to fall in love. I believe the right person is out there for everyone and you usually find that person when you are not looking!

------------------
"Maybe you could educate my mind"

Back
Top Bottom