The "I have NLOTH CD/digipack/BOXset" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked up the Vinyl. Haven't opened yet, had to go back to work :( . If anyone is interested the vinyl has the following tracklisting:

Side A
1. No Line On The Horizon
2. Magnificent
Side B
3. Moment of Surrender
4. Unknown Caller
5. Crazy.....
Side C
6. Get On Your Boots
7. Stand Up Comedy
8. Fez/Being Born
Side D
9. White As Snow
10. Breathe
11. Cedars of Lebanon

mmm-mmm! :D i got my LP today too! I bought the CD first thing in the morning to rip (could have got it off iTunes i know...can just give my Dad the CD) and picked up the LP and jesus christ, just like most LPs it blows the CD away, that fat gatefold sleeve, the booklet's cool too.

Most importantly I've got to sort out my record player it's making a weird humming sound at the moment so going to get that sorted then put them album on and it's going to be fucking kick ass! :applaud:

Thanks Wayne. :) Yeah, that's what Jem told me too, she even took a pic of the disc and PMed it to me. :lol: Is there even any such thing as a disc that's not either PAL or NTSC, though? Don't they have to be one of them? I have no idea. I checked my JT box set, and it doesn't say anything on the disc, but on the back of the box itself, it says NTSC. She checked the box though, and couldn't find anything.

I ordered from Amazon UK, but don't care if it's PAL, because I have a digital projector which will play it as long as the Region is 0 or 1. If you're watching it on your computer I think it might be fine too as long as it's region-free.

Viewing on your television is where the NTSC/PAL thing becomes a problem.

I ordered from Amazon UK, but don't care if it's PAL, because I have a digital projector which will play it as long as the Region is 0 or 1. If you're watching it on your computer I think it might be fine too as long as it's region-free.

Viewing on your television is where the NTSC/PAL thing becomes a problem.

Yeah, I want to watch it on my tv, though. I downloaded and burned a copy the other day just in case, and just tried to watch it now, but there's only video, no audio. Sonofabitch!

My Deluxe Box Set from Amazon.com is currently at the FedEx facility in Kentucky, ready for overnight shipping to my chosen destination. :applaud:

Date Time Location Event Details
March 2, 2009 02:00:00 PM ELIZABETHTOWN KY US Shipment received by carrier
March 2, 2009 02:59:00 PM ELIZABETHTOWN KY US Departure Scan
March 2, 2009 05:06:00 PM --- Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

:heart:

My box set from amazon uk was sent out on thursday evening & has still not come!!! Anybody else got this problem?

went to Walmart this morning, and they didn't even have the regular version on the shelves yet. :angry:

looks like a Best Buy trip during lunch.

I went to get the vinyl today, and it was sold out. :sad:

Good news is that the cute guy at the record shop ordered it for me. :D So it will be mine anytime within the next two weeks!

just to make things more fun, i asked some old guy working in the electronics department why it wasn't out, and he just gave me a blank stare. to confuse him even more, i asked him about the deluxe and digipack editions. it made my morning. :wink:

Haha...

For Bomb I did a midnight thing at Target - no joke, there was one other person for U2, and two guys and a girl waiting for the first season of the Golden Girls on dvd. I wanted the box set and had to dig in the boxes they brought out myself to show them what I meant by it. :tsk:

Yay Amazon.com :cheer:

So mine has been shipped from Amazon, estimate to arrive on Thursday. US people do they ship by UPS? I am so going to be at work on Thursday and not at home which means they will leave a note, which means they will have to re-deliver. :sigh:

So mine has been shipped from Amazon, estimate to arrive on Thursday. US people do they ship by UPS? I am so going to be at work on Thursday and not at home which means they will leave a note, which means they will have to re-deliver. :sigh:

Oh it actually tells me.. USPS. That's better. Yay.

if you call UPS, they can change the delivery address to your work. just make sure you have the tracking number handy. :)

When I ordered the re-mastered oldies from Amazon last summer, they arrived via USPS, but that was standard shipping, so...:hmm:

Most importantly I've got to sort out my record player it's making a weird humming sound at the moment so going to get that sorted then put them album on and it's going to be fucking kick ass! :applaud:

Check to see if there is a ground connection that needs to be made. Some older LP players had a separate ground wire that you could hook to the chassis of your amp or something.

Yeah I just checked my account, I didnt know it would tell me. I rarely order from Amazon. But its usps, with a tracking number and everything. Luckily I'm on cell phone terms with my mail carrier :lol: I will call him to arrange for him to bring it to me when I'm home. :drool:

Haha...

For Bomb I did a midnight thing at Target - no joke, there was one other person for U2, and two guys and a girl waiting for the first season of the Golden Girls on dvd. I wanted the box set and had to dig in the boxes they brought out myself to show them what I meant by it. :tsk:

Yay Amazon.com :cheer:

LOL at Golden Girls on DVD. :lol:

They always do that crap to me, too. :mad:

LOL at Golden Girls on DVD. :lol:

Yeah, I had a good laugh at their expense. :lol:

Well my Best Buy had every version on available. The 3 CD versions were in the front rack with the new releases and the boxset (10) was on the aisle with the rest of the U2 CD's including the multiple versions of NLOTH. They had the rest of the U2 CD's on sale also.

Funny that the there were only a few people there and they were all picking up a NLOTH CD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom