The Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Who remembers the first time you heard the song?
For me I was in high school, and saw the world premiere of the video on MTV. I taped it and watched about 100 times in a row. It was the single coolest song I had heard in my life to that point. Total departure and just absolutely blown away. My favorite band in the world changed drastically, but it was exactly what I wanted. What a shock, but very exciting at the same time. With no internet really (at least i had no access), i knew nothing about the song or video. The refefences to zoo tv, which i had no idea about until i saw it the next march. Times have changed, now we know the video they are making as they film it. I miss the being in the dark, and being totally suprised.

no one is forcing you to look/watch/read anything about it before it comes out

it's hard to do, but possible
+ what are the chances the video will be as good as the fly

the first time?

i had just gotten into U2 (The Joshua Tree) and i was watching the Elevation Boston DVD being broadcast on TV. I was half falling alseep on my couch, when Edge's fucking crazy ass guitar woke me up. Needless to say, i was blown away. The lights, the gutiar, the solo, Bono's walking and stuff, oh man it really hit home. i cried and laughed at the same time. it was amazing. it was the first song i ever heard from Achtung Baby, or the 90s, from U2, and i was hooked.

Cassis said:
no one is forcing you to look/watch/read anything about it before it comes out

it's hard to do, but possible

i agree. i'm not complaining about it, it was just a very different time about what you could know.

Um I dunno, I adore this song but no idea when I heard it first. But I was only about 8 or 9 when it came out so I didn't hear it then, lol!

chickadee said:
Um I dunno, I adore this song but no idea when I heard it first. But I was only about 8 or 9 when it came out so I didn't hear it then, lol!

:lol: yeah, I was about 6 when it came out so didn't hear it then. Don't know when the first time I heard it was...

...Love it now though :drool:

Back
Top Bottom