The ellipse is beginning to resemble a playground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Babyface
You can work hard, save all your money,be a fan club member, wait in line for 12 or more hours and not get into the ellipse because you have no children with you. Is this what U2 wants to be? This is a rock concert, not a family fun hour. It makes me as a fan, feel like I'm not wanted at the show. I don't have children, but even if I did I would not want them at the show. The show is still very loud, even with earplugs. I don't think little ears should be hearing that amount of decibels.

While part of me thinks it's nice that they're looking out for the safety of these kids by giving them a free pass into the ellipse (even though I'd imagine it's a bit intense in there, I'd tend to think that there might be less pushing and shoving than outside, especially if the kids camp out in the back).

While it's great for parents to introduce their kids to U2 and bring them to concerts at a young age, wouldn't it be better to just get seats? It seems kind of sketchy to me to bring a 6, 7, 8 year old to a concert w/ GA. I'd think most kids would have a hell of a time seeing anything (unless you lift them up, and that's not fair to everyone else) and it just seems like such a risk, having your kid get smacked around.

im thinking of adopting a little rugrat before the st louis show. seems like it would be the only way to get myself inside.

I wonder how many people are digging up stray cousins/nieces/nephews for concerts? Or saying to their spouse: "Sorry honey, I'm taking little Timmy to the concert instead of you...It's the ellipse!!

Yeah, expect to see a lot more people bringing their kids to shows: guaranteed Bomb Shelter access and a good chance of the little one yelling "no more!" into Bono's mic during SBS.

Not only will I be bringing my niece and nephew to the next show, I'm also gonna rent a wheelchair, invite a famous person to go with me, bribe the security guards and re-use all my old wristbands.

See you there!

:drool: :drool: :drool::drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
:madspit: I took my 6 year old and yes we got in the ellipse but we didn't know that it was a for sure thing, however we were in the back and had earplugs and were safe. Unfortunately we left early because with kids the unexpected is almost always going to happen, in this case the stomach flu. :yuck: But I'd do it again ellipse or no ellipse, well minus the vomit!

4U2Play said:
Yeah, expect to see a lot more people bringing their kids to shows: guaranteed Bomb Shelter access and a good chance of the little one yelling "no more!" into Bono's mic during SBS.

Not only will I be bringing my niece and nephew to the next show, I'm also gonna rent a wheelchair, invite a famous person to go with me, bribe the security guards and re-use all my old wristbands.

:ohmy: :lol: :lol:

I completely agree; no offense to anyone here who has taken a kid.

But seriously now, when I was 5 I wanted to play outside and watch cartoons. I have a hard time believing so many little kids really want to go to a rock concert. :|

Anybody have an extra ticket available for charlotte or st louis?

I have one but I need one for my 6 yr old nephew...

I'm gettin in the ellipse this time..... yeah baby....

mabel said:
I wonder how many people are digging up stray cousins/nieces/nephews for concerts? Or saying to their spouse: "Sorry honey, I'm taking little Timmy to the concert instead of you...It's the ellipse!!

Yep, exactly. I'm sure that some people are taking kids for their own gain.

Axver,

18,970 posts?

Holy crap, YOU deserve to be in the Ellipse, not these vomiting little kids with their two sets of parents.

Which is more valuable: 18,970 posts or two-foot tall vomiters?

Exactly my point

not that im agreeing with getting into the ellipse because youre dragging around a little kiddie with you but why should a post count on an internet site be an indiciation on who should be admitted into the ellipse or not? because you post a lot on an internet website? comical.

now i cant tell if that post is sarcastic or not but my point remains...

4U2Play said:
Which is more valuable: 18,970 posts or two-foot tall vomiters?

Your definition of value is frightening. :huh:

Greetings from the real world. You might like it here.

Edit:

You know, Bono's the one who likes pulling kids up on stage. Try directing your bitching to him. And good luck with that.

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
not that im agreeing with getting into the ellipse because youre dragging around a little kiddie with you but why should a post count on an internet site be an indiciation on who should be admitted into the ellipse or not? because you post a lot on an internet website? comical.

now i cant tell if that post is sarcastic or not but my point remains...

Geez, sorry to ruffle your feathers there, bub.

And, yes, I really do think Axver should be admitted into the ellipse over a five-year old kid who has no idea what he is looking at.

Why? Because Axver is a passionate U2 fan who rarely gets a chance to see them, being that he lives a far off land.

In fact, I think U2 should only allow fans into the ellipse that have high post counts here on interference. Yes, I'M DEAD SERIOUS.

I know this will upset some of you more humorless types, but this is the only fair way.

Axver is fan #1, as far as I'm concerned, not your vomiting little kid.

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
In fact, I think U2 should only allow fans into the ellipse that have high post counts here on interference. Yes, I"M DEAD SERIOUS.

I know this will upset some of you more humorless types, but this is the only fair way.

You're dead serious about this, and yet others are the humorless ones. Huh.

corianderstem said:

Your definition of value is frightening. :huh:

Greetings from the real world. You might like it here.

Edit:

You know, Bono's the one who likes pulling kids up on stage. Try directing your bitching to him. And good luck with that.

Whoa! Someone is having a bad weekend....

Your understanding of sarcasm is sad.

Try directing your condescending bitter attitude elsewhere, you'll feel better, trust me.

corianderstem said:

Oh man, I give up. :rolleyes:

You win.

Have a nice day in school tomorrow, pal.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

Oh man, I give up. :rolleyes:

You win.

Have a nice day in school tomorrow, pal.

Last edited:
I'm bitter? Um ... okay, whatever you say. But yay, I win! :hyper:

If you were being sarcastic this whole time, then I think you failed, based on most of the people responding.

In any case, I leave you with this:
:madspit:

If I could have seen my hero when I was 10, Bruce Springsteen, live in concert from up close, it would have been too awesome for words. So, I can understand that rule.

It's cool if people take kids who are old enough to enjoy the show (obviously it's up to the parents to decide that). If it's purely for personal gain, and the child isn't very interested, then that's pretty lame.

A U2 ticket is a real treat, and they should be shared and given out very, very carefully :)

Oh dear. 4U2Play, I mistook you for the original poster in the thread. My apologies. Your first post on the thread was pretty damn funny, and then yes, it's obvious you were being sarcastic for the rest of it.

Very, very sorry. I hope you come back to the thread to at least see my apology, rather than you go on thinking I'm a complete twit.

But I maintain I'm not bitter about anything. :wink:

Last edited:
I went to my first concert when I was around 6 and I still remember it. But we were in seats.

When I was buying my tickets for the show I considered taking my daughter who is 6. Is she anymore of a valid fan then some others...whose to judge? She can sing tons of their songs, can spot one of their album covers a mile away, and ran screaming from her bedroom tonight when she heard the opening to 60 minutes and started jumping up and down yelling "Bono!!!" who she adores. I think she has just as much right to be there and get to see a band she loves. But as a mother I decided it wasn't the right time for her to go. I was concerned that it would be to hard on her hearing and to long for her to stand. Hopefully next time they tour she'll be a bit older and then I'm going to take her.

One great thing though with kids is it doesn't take much to make them happy. I brought her back a one bracelet from the show and she was so excited.

I think to each his own. People know their kids and what they can or can't handle. I think its great that people can feel safe enough to bring their kids with them to a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom