The Dove Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freefall

Refugee
You know that photo in the U2 by U2 book in the JT era section? Bono is sitting with those aviators on, and he has in his hand the most beautiful guitar with a dove on the upper right hand side. There is scrolling along the left in blue and fuschia (??), and I don't know if those are words or just a pattern.

Does anyone have photos of Bono with that guitar? Is that the only one? Did he ever use it in concerts? Does anyone know anything about the Dove Guitar?

Thank you.

I am going to see if I have this photo, it doesn't ring familiar but has got my curiosity now, sounds like a gorgeous guitar. Probably are words of some kind knowing Bono--poetry or lyrics of some kind. If I find it and can post it I will :wink:

the Dove is the most expensive Gibson acoustic...next to the hummingbird, the Dove retails for about $2,899.99

gibson-1968-dove-cs-used-1.jpg

Gibson Dove

hummingbird.jpg

Gibson Hummingbird

It's a Yamaha guitar. I don't remember the model.

The paint job was done by Rene Castro. Rene also painted one of Edge's "Clapton Model" Stratocasters; the one w/the snake and skeleton that was used for "Desire" and "The Fly" during ZOOTV.

Note: Rene Castro painted a backdrop for the Fall Oakland Joshua show and the entire set for Love Town tour.

I think that might have been a guitar that Bono kept around in hotel rooms for songwriting. I've not seen any pictures or video of Bono playing that guitar at any shows.

BonoFox1 said:
I have a close up

1guitar2.jpg

**It says: A dream of death falling, and the spirit raising....

the artwork is beautiful, very Mexican Folk art

Thank you so much, Bonofox1, for the pic. I only saw a glimpse of that guitar in the photo. I love what it says, and now I know something about it. If he still has it, it must be securely tucked away somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom