The CLAW Part 4 - (INCL. SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was trying to describe this stage setup to someone the other day...who just stared back at me like i was on drugs. The only real way to describe this to anyone is to just show them these pictures and hope they can comprehend the scale of it all.

haha, yup. happened to me the other day too.

Perhaps the coolest Claw picture yet??

Picture+1.png

Oh gosh the claw is Spectacular!!!!! im as excited to see the claw as i am the band:):) this is gonna be so great

We need to start a "save the claw" fund. Like the rest of you, people I Know can't comprehend the size of this thing. I showed a friend the shot taken from the helicopter in Barcelona, the daytime one. The 1st thing out of his mouth was "it's taking up almost the entire stadium".

my wife keeps telling me "isn't that enough of looking at the same stage all the time".

I tell her no and to get back to her New Moon book. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone...

:wink:

We need to start a "save the claw" fund.

We should all chip in to buy it after the tour, so that it can be properly immortalized. :hyper:

I tell her no and to get back to her New Moon book. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone...

:lol:

(I read the book for the lulz, and believe me, you have the more admirable hobby. :shifty: )

PLEBA finally makes a worthwhile contribution? :sexywink:

gee whiz, i thought all they were good for is posting pics for "leather day" and "moobs"

:wink::hug:

:lol: Bassicly yes. But I happen to spend allot of time here too. mostly lurking:wink:

We need to start a "save the claw" fund. Like the rest of you, people I Know can't comprehend the size of this thing. I showed a friend the shot taken from the helicopter in Barcelona, the daytime one. The 1st thing out of his mouth was "it's taking up almost the entire stadium".

Yes! We cannot let the claw go the same way as the Popmart Lemon! :sad:

R.I.P. Mirrorball Lemon

I have seriously thought that they should send the claw out on tour without the band after this tour is over. Just play music, have a light show. I'd go. I'm not even kidding. I get all dreamy-eyed when I look at it. lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

....... :hmm:
.....actually that's a pretty cool idea, VP! :hyper:
Okay a whole 25 - 30 song set of U2 songs ( with great sound set-up) with this baby showing off! :heart::heart:

It IS incredible pice of Design/ Tech/ Construction & Art!!! :drool::love::drool:
The photos, let alone, the vids are OMFG amazing!!!!!

thanks Zoorop for some of the lastest pics!!!! :applaud:

I

I was trying to describe this stage setup to someone the other day...who just stared back at me like i was on drugs. The only real way to describe this to anyone is to just show them these pictures and hope they can comprehend the scale of it all. If not, then fuck it i give up.

i quickly sketched it for a friend this past Fri.

she def got part of it...had i done a better job, i think she' gotten the whole thing.

I'm gonna showw show her some of photos when i see her again! :D

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

my JAW just dropped Open!!!!

:lmao:

:drool::heart::drool::heart::drool:

(perfect~~ listening to Breath barcelona on YT other screen as I saw this)

".......We are people born of sound, the songs are in our eyes.........."

Yes! and by your user name (dazzledbylight) you should be truly dazzled by this amazing structure! I found that picture (now of course the wallpaper on my computer) but unfortunately I couldn't make it larger when I posted it on the forum. Truly incredible picture/ claw/ show!

my wife keeps telling me "isn't that enough of looking at the same stage all the time".

WIN!!!! :lmao:

I hope Willie & those involved get recognized for their achievements with "The Claw" :up:

Yes! We cannot let the claw go the same way as the Popmart Lemon! :sad:

R.I.P. Mirrorball Lemon

But the Mirrorball Lemon is still around, isn't it? :hmm:
We just need to get this one too. Actually, we could ask it as a free bonus when we buy The Claw. :wink:

I suppose people have already commented on this, and I'm not complaining, after all, less people in the circle means a bit more comfort for the people there...but I can't imagine that they love playing to the back crowd in the stands very much, there's noone in front of them to give them energy..

But seeing as how we've seen that the elevated ramp at the back of the stage isn't for the 'underworld' per se, anyone think they'll take another look at the back area of the stage in terms of 'ongoing tour refinements'? There is an incredible amount of wasted space back there, I mean, ALOT of it...and the Red Zones should be shrunk a bit or combined into one. Could probably get another 1000 people in there, at least!

Roll back the ramp after the band takes the stage, or something...and let people into that back area! :up:

quick question:
there are 3 claws?
second one:
are there also 3 video screens etc. or just one which is shipped from city to city?
i ask because last time i was here, i think something like 3 claws but only 1 video screen was said to exist. help please

Back
Top Bottom