The Best Batman Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got fond memories of Batman Forever but I wouldn't want to watch it again. One of those films where it's fun, but even while enjoying it you know that there's an awful lot of cack going on amongst all that day-glo.

Wow, did you even attempt Batman and Robin? That was the worst one.

It's honestly one of the worst films I've ever seen. But I'd sit through it again sooner than I would Terminator 3.

If you give him the story of Forever, without Tommy Lee Jones' sucky, hamfisted Two-Face, and I think you at least have a good film, or at least one I'd enjoy more.

Yeah, even though I wouldn't have been keen on Burton going even darker in Forever, I no doubt would have enjoyed the finished product far more than the Schumacher effort.

"Tim Burton did preliminary work on a third installment but Warner Bros. threw out Burton's plans after they realized the tone of the film was to be similar to Batman Returns, which, faced with criticism over the previous film's violence and dark themes they deemed too controversial and difficult to market. The studio decided the next film should be more "family-friendly". Michael Keaton was prepared to return for a third installment, even going so far as to show up for costume fitting. However, after Tim Burton was dropped by Warner Bros. (slated to co-produce in name only), Keaton left the series in July 1994, after being dissatisfied with the screenplay the new director, Joel Schumacher, approved. Warner Bros. then offered him $35,000,000 (one of the highest salaries offered to an actor at the time), but Keaton steadfastly refused. Keaton was subsequently succeeded by Val Kilmer in Batman Forever. In February 1996, Kilmer decided not to return for a sequel, feeling that Batman was being marginalized in favor of the villains. George Clooney was then cast as the new Batman in Batman & Robin."

Thanks for the info U2girl, and thanks to everyone who contributed. :)

Hah, the lady friend, my buddy, and I recorded a commentary track for Batman Forever. It was fun, if not a little self-indulgent. It's the only way I could get throw it otherwise.

Hah, the lady friend, my buddy, and I recorded a commentary track for Batman Forever. It was fun, if not a little self-indulgent. It's the only way I could get throw it otherwise.

I would love to hear that. Probably would be more interesting than the film, from what I hear.

So, you got throw it? Great. Maybe you, the lady friend and your buddy can get hooked on phonics next.

ROFLCOPTER!

I can't defend that, so I'll just post this:

roflcopter4co.jpg

I hope Mad1's okay with me using her picture like that.

I would love to hear that. Probably would be more interesting than the film, from what I hear.

I'll let you know when I finish cleaning up the audio. You'd have to have the film handy to listen though.

Let us know when you finish cleaning up Lady Friend, too. I imagine most of her contribution to the commentary track was a series of gurgled "Tell me what's happening" and "I can't watch this thing with one eye"-type exclamations.

Let us know when you finish cleaning up Lady Friend, too. I imagine most of her contribution to the commentary track was a series of gurgled "Tell me what's happening" and "I can't watch this thing with one eye"-type exclamations.

I will!

Back
Top Bottom