The Beehive, Wellington, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, this is awesome. On Nationstates:

"These nuts have got to be stopped," demands concerned consumer Melbourne Utopia. "They need to face the fact people want snack packs, no matter how many innocent chickens must be sacrificed. Besides, chickens would do the same to us if they had the chance."

Hahaha, this is awesome. On Nationstates:

"These nuts have got to be stopped," demands concerned consumer Melbourne Utopia. "They need to face the fact people want snack packs, no matter how many innocent chickens must be sacrificed. Besides, chickens would do the same to us if they had the chance."

I got that story too, and it was generally funny as is, but that took it up a notch

I still feel pretty shit-tastic. I got some food, but I only ate half of it.

:hug:

Would a khansboobs.txt listening party help cheer you up?

Righto, sounds good. :up:

What Finn album, by the way, and is it good?

Righto, sounds good. :up:

What Finn album, by the way, and is it good?

Ready when you are

It was called Say It Is So. Khan left before I could get an album rec from her, so I just picked one at random. I really liked it, but I'm not so sure you would. I can't say what it was about it, but it felt really...Adult Alternative or something.

As for Tim, I found his album Imaginary Kingdom astonishingly bland, but I need to listen to more. I get the impression I'll dislike most of his solo stuff, but that there are a couple of albums I'll enjoy.

The funny thing, btw, is that at first I thought you meant disintegration, because now I'm saving everything less than legal as khansboobs.txt :lol:

Kare Kare is such a F'ing Beautiful song.

As for Tim, I found his album Imaginary Kingdom astonishingly bland, but I need to listen to more. I get the impression I'll dislike most of his solo stuff, but that there are a couple of albums I'll enjoy.

I almost listened to that one, but then I decided to listen to something older, because everything released these past two years is....not all that great.

I almost listened to that one, but then I decided to listen to something older, because everything released these past two years is....not all that great.

:grumpy:

Some of my favourite albums are from the last couple of years!

Crowded House, go back to singing nice quiet songs. In My Command is being loud in my ear :p

BAH.

I mean, I do like a few things, but I dislike more (New Keane album :drool: :wink: )

I could list shitloads of awesome albums from the last few years. Not sure you'd like any of them. I mean, I don't see you in a hurry to gush over Agalloch's Ashes Against The Grain. But then again, there's Pure Reason Revolution's The Dark Third ...

:huh:

man you have a long wait ahead of you. I slept all day on Tuesday, so when I woke up the polls were already beginning to close :lol:

I'm guessing it might be some provision to avoid news reports influencing the vote, like how some countries make it illegal to run campaign ads in the 24 hours before the vote, or how in your country it's illegal to wear clothing endorsing a candidate or carry signs or whatever within ... I think it's 100 feet? of a polling station.

Thank god New Zealand's two hours ahead of Melbourne. Ali and I are actually going to a concert tonight, but since we probably won't leave until 8pm, the result may just be known by then as that'll be 10pm Kiwi time.

Khan, listen to your boobs with us! We're nearly done with Nails In My Feet now. Or I am.

Crowded House, go back to singing nice quiet songs. In My Command is being loud in my ear :p

:lol:

The end of In My Command on the Best Of's live bonus disc is AWESOME. Have you heard it?

I could list shitloads of awesome albums from the last few years. Not sure you'd like any of them. I mean, I don't see you in a hurry to gush over Agalloch's Ashes Against The Grain. But then again, there's Pure Reason Revolution's The Dark Third ...

Agalloch :drool: < don't get too excited, that's a joke, son.

Someday I'm going to give The Dark Third another listen. I just don't understand how I could only like that one song. I think it's very much the same situation with me and Jefferson Airplane. The only two songs I knew before I got one of their albums were White Rabbit and Somebody to Love, so imagine my surprise when I found out the rest of the songs on the album are sung by a man! I hated the album initially because I think it just took me by such surprise. It's in my top 50 now. I think, the whole thing with PRR was that I was surprised to find out that the person singing on Nimos and Tambos, si NOT the person singing on most of the other songs. So probably, if I gave it another listen or two, the same thing with Jefferson Airplane would happen, and I'd end up liking it.

I'm guessing it might be some provision to avoid news reports influencing the vote, like how some countries make it illegal to run campaign ads in the 24 hours before the vote, or how in your country it's illegal to wear clothing endorsing a candidate or carry signs or whatever within ... I think it's 100 feet? of a polling station.

Thank god New Zealand's two hours ahead of Melbourne. Ali and I are actually going to a concert tonight, but since we probably won't leave until 8pm, the result may just be known by then as that'll be 10pm Kiwi time.

Btw is that a new law? It seems like everyone was all over that this year, and I don't remember having ever heard that before, and I KNOW hwere my mom used to go to vote there were signs all OVER the place there.

That's good. If the US election ended so quickly with our staggered poll closings, you should easily finish in time I would think.

Khan, listen to your boobs with us! We're nearly done with Nails In My Feet now. Or I am.

:lol:

The end of In My Command on the Best Of's live bonus disc is AWESOME. Have you heard it?

Almost done with Black and White Boy now :tsk:

I don't have their Best Of :(. So no I have not :lol:

Agalloch :drool: < don't get too excited, that's a joke, son.

Someday I'm going to give The Dark Third another listen. I just don't understand how I could only like that one song. I think it's very much the same situation with me and Jefferson Airplane. The only two songs I knew before I got one of their albums were White Rabbit and Somebody to Love, so imagine my surprise when I found out the rest of the songs on the album are sung by a man! I hated the album initially because I think it just took me by such surprise. It's in my top 50 now. I think, the whole thing with PRR was that I was surprised to find out that the person singing on Nimos and Tambos, si NOT the person singing on most of the other songs. So probably, if I gave it another listen or two, the same thing with Jefferson Airplane would happen, and I'd end up liking it.

:madspit:

Hah. Yeah, Chloe is a bit more prominent on Nimos & Tambos than on some of the other songs, but I must admit, for me their voices mesh so well together that I really don't think in terms of separate singers in PRR and couldn't be entirely confident telling you who sings the most in what. Though Goshen's Remains and Bullitts Dominae are two tracks where Chloe's vocals stick out in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom