The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

... wow, that's just amazing. :lmao:

Also, I'll be in and out. I'm baking and doing dishes and all that sort of stuff.

Ahh I was wondering what happened to you.

the tourist said:

How is your physique, anyway?

:angry:

Not that bad, I'll have you know!

Not that good either. But it's within the healthy range on the body mass index. So there.

Axver said:

:angry:

Not that bad, I'll have you know!

Not that good either. But it's within the healthy range on the body mass index. So there.

Hahaha, well it happens with the chocolate, eh? Eh, I'm not in as good of shape as I wish I was. So we're even.

the tourist said:

Ahh I was wondering what happened to you.

I need to bake before the uni semester starts so I've got supplies of food to keep me going during dull research in courses I didn't really want to do because the ones that most appealled are either not being offered or have been cancelled. :|

No spoken words said:

I quote me to make me laugh. The whorepostingwhoring is an ancillary benefit.

By the way, what the fuck is powerjuice??

the tourist said:

Hahaha, well it happens with the chocolate, eh? Eh, I'm not in as good of shape as I wish I was. So we're even.

It's more the lack of exercise really. I don't eat that badly, chocolate muffins and Afghan biscuits aside. But getting out and going for walks ... requires effort. Ah well, I end up doing a fair bit of walking during the uni semester so it all evens out.

Axver said:

I need to bake before the uni semester starts so I've got supplies of food to keep me going during dull research in courses I didn't really want to do because the ones that most appealled are either not being offered or have been cancelled. :|

Classes cancelled:

Muffin-Baking
U2 Setlistology
U2 Tourography

Classes not offered:

Porcupine Tree and You (a one on one experience)
Design and Architecture in Liechtenstien

Axver said:

It's more the lack of exercise really. I don't eat that badly, chocolate muffins and Afghan biscuits aside. But getting out and going for walks ... requires effort. Ah well, I end up doing a fair bit of walking during the uni semester so it all evens out.

Oddly, I walk less while I'm in school. I walk much more during the summer when it's warm. And jog sometimes. But not too much.

Axver said:

My diet has improved significantly this year (but i need more muffins and afghans) and instead of just the walk down Queen St to catch the bus i'll be less of a lazy prick and get off the bus a few stops earlier on the way home too.

Yay for trying to be healthy

the tourist said:
Classes cancelled:

Muffin-Baking
U2 Setlistology
U2 Tourography

Classes not offered:

Porcupine Tree and You (a one on one experience)
Design and Architecture in Liechtenstien

:laugh:

My mother taught me all I need to know about muffin baking! Actually, nobody at all expected me to cook or bake. I took no interest whatsoever in it while I lived at home. I turned 19 and had cooked about three times in my life. Then I moved out and straight away, I was cooking. I'm just used to the taste of homemade stuff. So much better than commercial shit.

I am normally glad I live in a flat and don't have a backyard, but I would love a little berry patch. My grandmother used to make homemade jam. And, well, I'm sure anybody else who grew up on homemade jam will agree that the commercial stuff just tastes like absolute rubbish. I love jam, and yet haven't eaten it in years. One of these days, I'll have to teach myself to make it.

coolian2 said:

My diet has improved significantly this year (but i need more muffins and afghans) and instead of just the walk down Queen St to catch the bus i'll be less of a lazy prick and get off the bus a few stops earlier on the way home too.

Yay for trying to be healthy

You know it! :up:

Axver said:

I am normally glad I live in a flat and don't have a backyard, but I would love a little berry patch. My grandmother used to make homemade jam. And, well, I'm sure anybody else who grew up on homemade jam will agree that the commercial stuff just tastes like absolute rubbish. I love jam, and yet haven't eaten it in years. One of these days, I'll have to teach myself to make it.

My mom made homemade jam all while I was growing up. Strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry. The blackberry was fucking amazing. She doesn't make it anymore seeing as no one would use it nowadays, though.

the tourist said:

Oddly, I walk less while I'm in school. I walk much more during the summer when it's warm. And jog sometimes. But not too much.

My tram inconveniently - or conveniently, as the case may be - passes a block away from my place at one end and university at the other, so I've got to walk four blocks for a return journey, and when your university has 40,000 students, the campus is a decent size. It may not really sound like much, but it actually gets me walking a fair bit.

the tourist said:

My mom made homemade jam all while I was growing up. Strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry. The blackberry was fucking amazing. She doesn't make it anymore seeing as no one would use it nowadays, though.

BLACKBERRY JAM! Whenever I visited my grandmother, I'd take jars of the stuff home with me. The blueberry jam was divine too. There really is nothing like proper jam, grown in your own little garden and made at home.

Similarly, my mother made her own tomato sauce, grew all of her own vegetables, had a few apple trees, and so forth. Stuff bought in the supermarket has nothing on that.

mysterious_jen said:
Hai :flirt: how are we boys n girls
:hug:

Oh hey, you made it! I was just about to send out an e-mail to you and Ali as I figured you'd be getting home from work around about now.

I suppose I should still e-mail Ali to make sure she finds her way here.

Bah, I only came back to make a couple of posts in between kitchen stuff and now look at me, posting away ...

Axver said:

My tram inconveniently - or conveniently, as the case may be - passes a block away from my place at one end and university at the other, so I've got to walk four blocks for a return journey, and when your university has 40,000 students, the campus is a decent size. It may not really sound like much, but it actually gets me walking a fair bit.

I have to do a bit of walking at school. But during break, I will go recreationally walking quite a bit. iPod out and wander around the back-streets.

Axver said:

Similarly, my mother made her own tomato sauce, grew all of her own vegetables, had a few apple trees, and so forth. Stuff bought in the supermarket has nothing on that.

My grandma does that--or I should say did that. She's 88 now, so she doesn't do too much of that stuff. Even though she and my grandpa (who is 90) still go golfing everyday.

mysterious_jen said:
i dunno about having our thread here for all and sundry to see our whorish ways. :tsk: :tsk: twas much better in secret.

That was one of the few issues the mods had with us. Posting in the wrong forum. :(

the tourist said:

I have to do a bit of walking at school. But during break, I will go recreationally walking quite a bit. iPod out and wander around the back-streets.

I have great trouble wandering aimlessly. I need a place to be, a destination to go, a reason to be out and about. I'm the kind of guy you see walking down the streets very fast, with clear purpose. I can honestly say nobody has ever passed me when I walk at my normal speed.

Though as it turns out, my run isn't all that much faster than my walk.

Axver said:

I have great trouble wandering aimlessly. I need a place to be, a destination to go, a reason to be out and about. I'm the kind of guy you see walking down the streets very fast, with clear purpose. I can honestly say nobody has ever passed me when I walk at my normal speed.

Though as it turns out, my run isn't all that much faster than my walk.

Oh I definitely walk fast, and have a destination. Or at least a plan. See, I walk the same general area a lot. It just all depends on how far I want to walk, how thirsty I get, etc. Somedays I'll be out 45 minutes. Others I'll be out 3 hours.

the tourist said:

My grandma does that--or I should say did that. She's 88 now, so she doesn't do too much of that stuff. Even though she and my grandpa (who is 90) still go golfing everyday.

My grandmother did until the start of this decade, when she moved to a new house and no longer had the garden large enough to do it. And with my grandfather's declining health, I don't think she would've had the energy. Now that he's passed away, I won't be surprised if she starts again, as something to do.

coolian2 said:
Homemade jam :drool:

We have a few homegrown vegetables too

It's hard for me to do that here. Even in the suburbs, there isn't much room to grow things like that.

the tourist said:

Oh I definitely walk fast, and have a destination. Or at least a plan. See, I walk the same general area a lot. It just all depends on how far I want to walk, how thirsty I get, etc. Somedays I'll be out 45 minutes. Others I'll be out 3 hours.

I'm thinking that one day, I should just sit down with a map and plan out a route. I could stick with that. That's one good thing about inner Melbourne - sure, it's busy, but there's probably interesting places for me to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom