The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, i'd like to get the orange or blue ones, but I don't like any of the available colours

I hope we have new ones soon!

Hi there,
Let me say that I am responsible for those arguments on u2flyshades.com.
I am the guy who found (and it was not a joke) those quantities of the genuine fly shades Bono wore as the fly persona, the two models he wore..
First off, I was afraid about copyrights issue, my wish wasn't only to sell originals pairs that I yes found out, I also want to reproduce them, since originals are vintage and limited items, once they are gone, its over.. (so I afirmed that I found massive quantities because I, as a U2 fan but also of the fly shades, I want to share this passion with other U2 fans reproducing them exactly as they are).
Then a friend of mine came to me (Peter Govaars), yes he is the same person who states on u2station.com that he also owns the pink version of the fly shades, he recommended me not to be afraid to make mirror copies (updating them improving quality and strengh, originals are very weak, 40 years ago now since they were made) of the originals fly shades.
So I am proud to say that I am now finishing the 1992 model Bono wore in THE FLY VIDEO but also during zoo tv tour!!

I attached some pictures for your reference.
If you want to reserve a pair, just go to my website, it is very simple, believe it or not, they are the fly shades!!

P5160107.JPG

P5160137.JPG

P5160099.JPG

P5160159.JPG

Nope Gabe, got them off ebay...

But if that Mark made some special editions, was he also able to put a colour code and so on on the arms ? That's pretty cool if he did !

However not sure it's his work, since the color of mine are pretty ... uncomon, they are quite different from the normal emerald lenses; looked at a lot of pics, and mine always seem way darker than what I could see, even under sunlight so I wouldn't know :hmm:

Well he didn't have to put any codes on anything, he just got black arms from the supplier afaik and swapped them out. At least that's what he did for the blue ones. I think you are looking at one of his pairs (or someone else who also figured out that the arms were interchangeable), that someone probably bought off him and then sold on ebay. They are nice! :)

So, Moonwalker - did you notice that your greenies have the same colour code as one of the flash grays? So obviously the temples on your pair were meant to belong to a pair of flash gray lenses.

Yes, this. These were the arms that I recall Mark using, because the flash greys were not moving as quickly, which makes me :sad: because those gold flash greys were simply beautiful and I would get another pair from him in a heartbeat. They made the shitty construction of the 519 worth it. Well those and the citrus ;)

hey guys-or should i say family....been a long time, with some regret i have to inform you guys that i am selling off my collection of sunglasses. i am getting ready to make a move to the west coast&recent illness to my mother, i have to act-i know i would look cool with the many different shades i own but sometimes you gotta "leave it behind" wanted to offer them up to you guys first before i do ebay. im not looking to make a profit-would like to get back what i paid for them but there are some super rare glasses that i have paid more then retail
pretty sure cant post sales here but i will post what i have and you can email me-some i will hold for people on here that are really looking for a particular model(example-gvox-i have the 519 gold flash greys, not 519 but 610 citrus,if u want them) moonwalker i have the 519 electrical storms...:)the next post will start an inventory of what im parting with...this is so sad :sad:

Such a shame you have to part with these. Sorry to hear about your mom.:hug:

You can post about sales on the forum as far as I know, just not link to ebay auctions.

hey guys-or should i say family....been a long time, with some regret i have to inform you guys that i am selling off my collection of sunglasses. i am getting ready to make a move to the west coast&recent illness to my mother, i have to act-i know i would look cool with the many different shades i own but sometimes you gotta "leave it behind" wanted to offer them up to you guys first before i do ebay. im not looking to make a profit-would like to get back what i paid for them but there are some super rare glasses that i have paid more then retail
pretty sure cant post sales here but i will post what i have and you can email me-some i will hold for people on here that are really looking for a particular model(example-gvox-i have the 519 gold flash greys, not 519 but 610 citrus,if u want them) moonwalker i have the 519 electrical storms...:)the next post will start an inventory of what im parting with...this is so sad :sad:

Sorry to hear about your mom Badger, I hope she can get better soon and your move goes smoothly..I would love to take you up on those 519 golds...but I'm not in a position to buy them right now or in the next month so I'd be asking for a long 'hold' lol. You'd better let them go to someone who can pay you right away :up:

Again, all the best to your mom!

Funny sunglasses story:

Setting: Driving in car with friend. I'm wearing my D&G's.

Me: I think I prefer my D&G's to my Armani's.

Friend: You sound like a douche.

:doh:

Anyone looking for Romeo Gigli red lense and red arms... Someone just posted a pair on Ebay with a buy it of $100.00... I am still looking for D&G 2138 G35.. Anyone know where i can pick up a pair... I would like to have them before i hit Dublin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom