The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shades.jpg

I very much doubt it. They look like EA 9285 with the empty area on the arms filled in by some kind of explosion graphic. Awesome!

Those have some differences from the 9285's.... the lens appears closer 2 the other Asian versions of the EA's that have been sold (4got the model number).... plus, the earpieces seem shorter....

but.... regardless.....

THEY F'n ROCK!!!!

Oh, damn. 9285 lens with explosion graphic arms? Yes please!

(although I'd prefer something like a U2 or Vertigo or NLOTH logo on it, myself)

I just had an idea.

What if U2.com would start selling these shades??? Why don't these people realise they can make a FORTUNE with this?

ok glasses freaks, what goes on here? The EA "star" glasses seem to have a couple of variations...so far the red and citrus I've seen have no steel piece across the top, while the blue and the turquoise do. See below:

No top steel rim:

02032009-5.jpg

02032009-9.jpg

03032009-8.jpg

theedgebono001b280209.jpg

With top steel rim:

_00NY4.jpg

_00NY5.jpg

u2001b040309.jpg

also, watch this video for some really good closeups (ie @ 1:15, 1:22, 1:29 and onward) there is clearly a steel rim across the top of the lens:

YouTube - Katie Meets Bono Outside Letterman Studio

two different model/styles??

PS....my my, dont these look interesting? ;)

9477-000.jpg

Basically, this is what we said a while ago, when Bono first had those, in faded green, in France with the top rim.

I said the armani 9477 you are showing were quite similar, and existed in faded green like Bono's ones.

Yet here is what I think :

Bono saw the 9477, asked for a custom version (star on side, wider arms) - and got the faded green and light blue models.
He then wanted to get rid of the rim too, to custom it even more, and got the orange ones.

This model became so different of the 9477 and as we all know now, will be available for us in April.

I however wonder what the number model will be, maybe like 9479 or 9480 considering it's a modification of the 9477. I of course hope for some bono colors (orange and light blue), but think we can keep dreaming considering B-man's crave for singularity (just check his "Explosion-new-improved-thinner-cooler-new earpieces" 9285 like model.)

BTW : Sorry for the long post and for my disapperance , I had a few problems to deal with.

Basically, this is what we said a while ago, when Bono first had those, in faded green, in France with the top rim.

I said the armani 9477 you are showing were quite similar, and existed in faded green like Bono's ones.

Yet here is what I think :

Bono saw the 9477, asked for a custom version (star on side, wider arms) - and got the faded green and light blue models.
He then wanted to get rid of the rim too, to custom it even more, and got the orange ones.

This model became so different of the 9477 and as we all know now, will be available for us in April.

Well I wish the rims would stick around. THey look better and more in line with current fashion. One thing that sortof bugs me is that I can't really wear "non Bono" colors of his glasses out because they're always a bit behind the trends. I like current lol.

yo guys!!!hahaha-jag is right, i did ask him and he answered --haha
this isnt his exact words but he said that his glasses(which the shields are much bigger then the 9285's) are emporio armani, you should buy (RED) to save lives and that being Bono has its advantages, and he gets to try all the new pairs.....so it seems these will be the new (RED) models and like the 9285's, probably wont be available for 6months-year??
i couldnt tell if they were the 9477....ill post pix later today....good to be back guys!!

posted this in another thread, but i guess its relevent here (bono wearing my fly goggles)....

l_8d8671b5bea15426eb4531e047f6ead5.jpg

Not going to post the item numbers here, but my Cutler & Gross 0276 and Bvlgari 519 are on eBay; I'm sure you'll be able to find them.

:hmm:

Wanted to let you know that according to OtticaLook.com, Bono's armani will be available around may 15th. I checked out sunglasses-shop UK, and their announcement about the glasses being available from april has apparently disappeared, which could confirm tis possibility.

Wanted to let you know that according to OtticaLook.com, Bono's armani will be available around may 15th. I checked out sunglasses-shop UK, and their announcement about the glasses being available from april has apparently disappeared, which could confirm tis possibility.

Ah, beat me to it...I got the same email...

Personally, I'm not enamored with these shades...but it looks like he's sticking with them for this tour...

There WILL be a rim!

ea9592.jpg

Don't be too hopeful for the green ones, though!

But they will be available in orange, at least.

Model no. EA 9592.

sup guys

sup guys, long time no talk

ive been readin alot gettin updated and junk, im excited to hear about the new shades, i love the new EA with the stars, and i am also excited to hear about the AM makin a come back, about freakin time!!!!!

i have a question about the EA with the explosion design on the arm, the shades in the book.

im wondering if anyone has heard anythin about them, any info, we know they are EA, but are they gonna sell? if they are im guessing they will come out this month, April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom