The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Making separate posts since I can only put 10 images in one.

Armani EA 9285/S – recent pink ones
bonogangavaru6.jpg

Armani EA 9285/F – Live8 Green shades
bonolive8satisfiedja6.jpg

Armani EA 9285/? - Dark green shades
bonoandgavinlg7.jpg

Armani EA 9885/? - Orange, Blue and Light purple, Bono only shades.
bonodreamynyc060707avipy4.jpg

bononycpenelopeoct07avigh0.jpg

bonogermanymarch10hn5.jpg

Prada Miu Miu? These are the champagne ones I think.
bonoarmssigning3aviof9.jpg

Bvlgari 546 121/87 – Blackish shades, amsterdam hotel.
No clue what these are, since he wore the olive green/brown armani's in Amsterdam.

Guys, while uploading I found this pic. Are these Miklis??? Certainly not the right era for them!
bonoredshadesatlantaja4.jpg

Another, seem the same shades...
bonoveniceic8.jpg

Making separate posts since I can only put 10 images in one.

Guys, while uploading I found this pic. Are these Miklis??? Certainly not the right era for them!
bonoredshadesatlantaja4.jpg

Another, seem the same shades...
bonoveniceic8.jpg

Those are Romeo Gigli 226s - not made any more. I love these. I actually have them in blue, maroon, green and the orange ones shown above. I'm going to sell the blue ones and would consider selling the orange ones possibly. If anyone is interested let me know or they're going up on ebay.

I'm like... really interested in the orange ones if they DO go THAT orange when worn, cause I know that miklis "orange" tend to go brick red.

BTW he wore the orange-brick red ones during elevation tour era, check out the MTV awards medley performance :wink:

Other than that if you ever need pics of some models not shown here, i believe i can help...

here are some I don't think i've spotted in the list

These are i BELIEVE the marcolin ones
image273120x.jpg

Blue and pink Romeo Gigli 191
1072071353_cturesBono.jpg

bonogiglipinkzs9.jpg

the brown, emerald,dark green & citrus Bvlgari 519 pics
3101042lq5.jpg

bono1137.jpg

bono1121.jpg

bonocitrusjk0.jpg

the armani 1535 worn prior to the armani 9285
10vx0.jpg

the faded green bvlgari 549 from RRHOF and purple ones from CD:UK performances
bonoprofile05jd0.jpg

bono1175.jpg

D&G 2138 "clear rainbow" (lol)
bono1014.jpg

dark blue 611
bono0565.jpg

some old Diesel models
bono0837.jpg

bono0617.jpg

the EXTE model from Elevation single cover
bono0556.jpg

Some other Romeo Gigli
bono0539.jpg

and the "unknown" ones
bono0899.jpg

bono0433.jpg

bono0320.jpg

and the list goes on and on and on...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the great "database" and especially the photos!!!!

I think I'll start my shopping list with these three....

1) D&G 2138 (like the cover of the In Conversation book)

2) Armani 9285 green (like the ones in the Live 8 photo)

3) Marcolin (the ones pictured above)

If anyone has these three pairs available for sale....please email me and we can discuss prices, etc.

Thanks again!!!!!

Tony
tonyvenn@cogeco.ca

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the great "database" and especially the photos!!!!

I think I'll start my shopping list with these three....

1) D&G 2138 (like the cover of the In Conversation book)

2) Armani 9285 green (like the ones in the Live 8 photo)

3) Marcolin (the ones pictured above)

If anyone has these three pairs available for sale....please email me and we can discuss prices, etc.

Thanks again!!!!!

Tony
tonyvenn@cogeco.ca

This has been debated here before, but personally I don't think the Armani 9285 greens available to the public are the Live 8 pair but are customized for Bono. Unfortunately, just like the Bvlgari 549 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame pair.

I'm like... really interested in the orange ones if they DO go THAT orange when worn, cause I know that miklis "orange" tend to go brick red.

That shot of the orange 226's posted above is in bright sunlight - and that's definitely what they look like in sunlight - they appear to go brick red in darker light or artificial light.

Could someone tell me what's the model or shades that Bono used in the Zootv era not the "Fly Shades" I mean the Ray Ban he used in many photos.

Those are Romeo Gigli 226s - not made any more. I love these. I actually have them in blue, maroon, green and the orange ones shown above. I'm going to sell the blue ones and would consider selling the orange ones possibly. If anyone is interested let me know or they're going up on ebay.

Hi there soundmercury!
Do you still have the blue romeos:hmm:? Can you send me some pics and the price?

marcio1893@hotmail.fr

You mean those? :
bonomtveurope.jpg

Well it's the same he's been wearing a while ago, only this time in orange (again) which looks pretty much like the armani 9477.
9477-vgq.jpg

However, this shot shows us that :
-Bono has no rim unlike the model i'm talking about
-Bono's arms are wider.
-He has this huge star on the sides.

Soooo I can't say "these are 9477 ULTRA customed for Bono" but I can't seem to find, for now, a more similar model.
By the way, the first time we saw them on bono, he had them in faded green and they hada rim on the top like the 9477.
article-1041072-02294CF900000578-794_468x321.jpg

Maybe he got tired of having exclusive colors only and now asked for a fully customed model which we can only hope to get close to.

I would say that

EDIT: btw, has anyone noticed/discussed that there are two models that look identical: 9477 and 9478. Not sure how much that matters..

a. the orange in the top photo are not 9477/8, custom or otherwise. Too many differences

b. therefore, the green ones he's wearing in the photo immediately above my post, are in fact not custom at all (ie, green versions of the orange "star" ones) and are the standard 9477 greens as depicted in the sunglasses.co.uk ad. They're identical in every way.

now...has anyone contacted Mark to see if he can get info?

Well, last time we debated about those green ones, we finally agreed they were not 9477 too because there were too many differences (I posted a bigger shot of Bono with them on) like the size of the arms (which are bigger and wider) and of course the huge star on the arms.

Edit : The bigger shot I was talking about
9926039.jpg

And as for 9477-9478, the second ones have way bigger lenses and are bit more curved, like comparing Bvlgari 610-611.

I don't mind either pair, but I don't think they're keepers. There's just something about them that doesn't flatter his face the way the, say B 519s or EA 9285s do

He should try on his old Romeo Gigli (I think 226?) with the short hair..wore mine the other day and was like, wow, these look way better with short hair. I think the Flys would be the same..

So any news yet? Can we confirm 9477 as the model worn in "I Believe In Father Christmas"?

We need the new album, and along with it new shades to wear! :wink:

Here are two screenshots I took from "I believe in Father Christmas" video, sorry for the blurry effect, the quality is not that good...

bononew1lw5.png

bononew2db4.png

Here are two screenshots I took from "I believe in Father Christmas" video, sorry for the blurry effect, the quality is not that good...

bononew1lw5.png

bononew2db4.png

Personally I think these might be my least favorite shades he's wore onstage. I'd say offstage too, but the so called Getty Lee shades win that distinction.

Hi There:wave:
Just got the Romeo's that Soundmercury sold me!!
The shades are great:hyper:, i though they we're darker but i like them a lot!!
THANK YOU Soundmercury:up:

( MoonWalker_13 the Romeo's 181 went out to Japan!!! ):D

Yeah I came back too late for the 181 :doh: ...too bad !

Glad you sold them anyways man :)

FYI, the 181's lenses/frames are significantly smaller than 191's and 226's. They are, in my opinion, a little more feminine.

And glad you're liking the blue 226's. I love the model, but I have them in maroon, green and orange and wasn't really wearing the blues anymore.

I might sell the orange 226's if anyone is interested, let me know.

Yeah that's right, the frames of the 181 model are a lot more smaller than the 191 and it goes better in women than in men ( i confirm that :D )

SoundMercury can you send me some photos of the oranges 226 please?

No way man, the arms themselves are silver, what you're seeing is flashback from the photo. He's had the plastic at the end in different colors though..the original pink (this I've already proven, see pics I posted somewhere in this thread), the transparent red, and the black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom