Taking a 9 yr old to see U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raid

Acrobat
So i'm considering taking my 9 year old daughter to the U2 concert in Vancouver. She LOVES the Black Eyed Peas and would like to see U2 as well. Would it be feasible to take a 9 year old to a U2 concert? lol

Yes, I think so, but I think it depends what kind of tickets you have; seats or GA. Standing might be too exhausting for your daughter, not to mention when you want to be early at the venue to stand in front of the stage.

Make sure you take ear plugs for her!

It's cool that your daughter has such a great taste in music! :cute:

So i'm considering taking my 9 year old daughter to the U2 concert in Vancouver. She LOVES the Black Eyed Peas and would like to see U2 as well. Would it be feasible to take a 9 year old to a U2 concert? lol

I started going to shows at that age but I HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY INSIST you bring ear protection for her.

At least 3 pairs of ear plugs. Not to be overly dramatic, but hearing loss, especially with small children is terrible.

She may throw one on the floor - have backups.

Wear them yourself so she thinks it is 'cool' (and you can protect your ears.)

Doooooo eeeeeet!!!!! I took my 5 year old to see Coldplay this summer and he loved it!!! Had earplugs of course. And yes, seats for anyone under... I don't know... 12? Depending on their size...

I went to a Paul McCartney show when I was 9 and loved it! Tell your daughter to enjoy it. I hope she has fun!!!

I didn't use earplugs at my show, but I brought them. I still recommend them.

coolian- :lol:

Do you guys think I should get some kind of ear protection for her?

My daughter will be 10 in October and, if U2 swing back my way next year, I've promised her that she's definitely going. If it's going to be her first concert experience, it may as well be a good one. (Obviously I'll remember the earplugs.)

:tsk: If your daughter likes the BEP, don't take her to a U2 show. No matter if they're opening act, just don't. :tsk: Fandoms like that should not be fed.

My 9 year old son Lewis was desperate to come to see u2 last night. I think it was more coz i took his big brother with me and lewis didnt wanna miss out. When he brought it up, i asked "do you even know any u2 songs" and he went on to mention that he really like ABY, GOYB, ELevation and Magnificent. So i felt bad for not taking him. I said maybe the next time.:up:

I am taking my kids (13 & 11) on our 2nd family roadtrip to see the 1st Toronto show (from Buffalo) 1st was Green Day earlier this summer, both kids loved it and can't wait for U2. I think your kid will be more than fine, just give them a little heads up on what they might expect , sit back and enjoy the show, it will be an experience BOTH of you will never forget, as we now say in my family - the family that rocks together stays together!

9 years old!!!! I was all of FIFTEEN before I was allowed by my parents to go to any concerts!!!!

If I had to suffer, I don't see why kids of today should get it easy :grumpy:

Oh yeah bring earplugs.

I saw my first concert when I was 10 (The Jacksons) and I promised my 10 year old that she can go see U2 next year when they come back around. I bought $250 seats this time around and wasn't going to spend that much money for her to see them. Next time it will be the cheap seats for her and I!

Geez people, enough with the overzealous "ear plug" paranoia...it's not a Slayer concert...or Megadeath...or, well, you know what I mean. Sure, have a pair handy in case you feel it's too loud but really, settle down.

Geez people, enough with the overzealous "ear plug" paranoia...it's not a Slayer concert...or Megadeath...or, well, you know what I mean. Sure, have a pair handy in case you feel it's too loud but really, settle down.

I don't think we are being overzealous. All of the U2 concerts I have been to are LOUD.

Children's are vulnerable!

If my ears are still ringing after a U2 concert, I will not try to imagine what it does for a little kid's.

Back
Top Bottom