Sydney Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From tonight ...

A fairly normal shot ... shame the size reduction makes the sky look awfully compressed.

s640x480

Fun with water and light!

s640x480

Yours truly, still playing with light and slightly holographic.

s640x480

Goodnight. :wave:

The last/third picture, there's something sticking out to the right of the photo, making it appear to look like a sword.

Catastrophic fire warning. :angry:

:uhoh: Fun for all the family!

The last/third picture, there's something sticking out to the right of the photo, making it appear to look like a sword.

Nope, that's just piping. In another photo, I actually tried to light up the pipes and came up with this:

s640x480

If only the left one were a bit more accurately covering the pipe, I think that'd be really good.

Nope, that's just piping. In another photo, I actually tried to light up the pipes and came up with this:

s640x480

If only the left one were a bit more accurately covering the pipe, I think that'd be really good.

Back to the Future-esque stuff.

Yeah, but whatever bushfires that'll be raging will probably be put out by the incoming rain ... hopefully.

But i'm sitting in an air conditioned home.

True, yeah. It's not looking so bad at the moment.

But it's still very humid over here (down at Yorkes) and I don't want to evacuate town. :angry:

I went outside and the sky's overcast, and there's a bit of wind going around. Somewhat better than first expected.

Overcast and hot > Sunny and hot

This is what I've been trying to tell people for over four years!

Goshen's Remains and The Twyncyn/Trembling Willows ... :drool:

The first three songs on that album are just mindblowing

I listened to their second one a couple of times today, pretty different

The first three songs on that album are just mindblowing

I listened to their second one a couple of times today, pretty different

For my entire time at university, The Dark Third has been my "writing" album. It always seems to help when I'm trying to trudge through some dull essay and have writer's block.

Amor Vincit Omnia is great. If it weren't for the vocal harmonies, you'd think it's a completely different band. A couple of songs from The Dark Third era (Golden Clothes in particular, from the European edition's bonus tracks) gave some hint of what was to come, but such a dramatic - and effortlessly accomplished - transition really surprised me all the same. Took a few listens for me to fully appreciate, but now it's the album I actually play more.

For my entire time at university, The Dark Third has been my "writing" album. It always seems to help when I'm trying to trudge through some dull essay and have writer's block.

Amor Vincit Omnia is great. If it weren't for the vocal harmonies, you'd think it's a completely different band. A couple of songs from The Dark Third era (Golden Clothes in particular, from the European edition's bonus tracks) gave some hint of what was to come, but such a dramatic - and effortlessly accomplished - transition really surprised me all the same. Took a few listens for me to fully appreciate, but now it's the album I actually play more.

Golden Clothes is probably one of my favourite tracks from what I've heard quite the amazing song.

I've already got The Dark Third ranked as my 11th best of the decade :lol:

Golden Clothes is probably one of my favourite tracks from what I've heard quite the amazing song.

I've already got The Dark Third ranked as my 11th best of the decade :lol:

Which edition do you have? It's rather confusing in that there are UK, US, and continental European editions ... the European one has the most songs from the era.

And good man. I'm totally at a loss with any sort of top albums of the decade list. I don't even have a clear #1.

I downloaded, the European edition with the bonus songs.I plan on buying the Uk one though

I've been working on it for a while, some stuff I think I'm crazy for including but oh well it knocked the Resistance by Muse out of the top 100 :wink:

Haven't seen any blog posts from you in a while Ax :(

I downloaded, the European edition with the bonus songs.I plan on buying the Uk one though

I've been working on it for a while, some stuff I think I'm crazy for including but oh well it knocked the Resistance by Muse out of the top 100 :wink:

Haven't seen any blog posts from you in a while Ax :(

Ah, cool.

Wow, The Resistance got that high for you? Honestly, I'm kind of tempted to do an un-ranked list, just divided into categories.

That's because I'm LAZY. I'll do something about that.

You do the fine/respectable/mediocre listening thing, Ax. That usually works well for you.

Ah, cool.

Wow, The Resistance got that high for you? Honestly, I'm kind of tempted to do an un-ranked list, just divided into categories.

That's because I'm LAZY. I'll do something about that.

It got to number 100 for the decade, which wasn't very hard to get too :lol:

I've been lazy too but my excuse is I'm working on two lists :wink:

Hey John, I know you've got a lot on your hands these past days/weeks, but when is the next round of RTSS going to be put up? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom