Swampy Summit, Otago Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck is it about this thread and wanting to learn/educate?

not that I really want to go to graduate school but I wanna do research in bio and to do that I apparently need Ph D. obviously i don't want to be in this feudal system/labs.

dammit im also babbling nonsense, it seems.

I wish i had some informatics background. that could've prevented me from being useless garbage.

I might learn jazz guitar (instead of way-too-much-Thurston-Moore-inspiration noise playing) because my family really hates me who's not playing the instrument in the "right way" Im not a real jazz fanatic yet because I can't be THAT pretentious.

tbh, I wish people care about biology more and agree to fund researches. i mean, look at US academia, they can only care about money because they need to compete for funds so hard.

I probably can be pescatarian but i probably won't be full on vegan.

i googled John Scofield yesterday but I stopped immediately after realizing i can't ever be that great at jazz.

I shouldn't feel old as I'm still 22 but I kinda had to whenever people say they don't remember seeing VHS or MiniDisks. or even TLC.

Pescetarianism is lunacy given that the commercial fishing industry is by far the most environmentally destructive meat industry.

And honestly my advice is to run away from academia if at all possible.

Actually I saw something the other day I've not seen in years - a smashed cassette tape on the side of the road and spools of reel just hanging out wildly. I haven't seen than since the early 2000s.

Pescetarianism is lunacy given that the commercial fishing industry is by far the most environmentally destructive meat industry.

well I'm well aware of that but you can't really avoid fish/anything coming from the sea if you're living here. I really want to, but I really can't. I wish people just stop farming shrimps and other small sea creatures in such an destructive methods; grow larger fish instead, as they are, at least, little bit better than fucking shrimp farming. Also Japanese people don't give a shit about environment so it doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom