Survivor: Worlds Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm loving the crazy. Shirin is really the most annoying person. If I was stuck on an island with her talking all the time I think I'd go insane :coocoo: And the bugs seem to like her best.

If I was stuck on an island with her talking all the time I think I'd go insane :coocoo: And the bugs seem to like her best.

HAHA! Sicy! hilarious!
Shirin: " I am a professional whistler" :lol:

Shirin to Jeff: "You are looking at me like I am delusional"
Jeff to Shirinn: "I don't know what you are talking about...how am I looking? I guess this is just what I look like"!! HAHAHAHA!

That was awesome!

Although this is going to get old watching that tribe get slaughtered at all the challenges...talk about lopsided tribes!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The challenges aren't always physical. The puzzles require a brain and I'm sure those types of challenges will be coming up.

Crazy can be good if it's offset by likable characters. I like Will, but I don't think he stands a chance because he's a physical liability. Jenn and Carolyn are cool, though. And Joe as well. The rest of the guys are assholes. Especially Rodney, Dan, Joaquin and Mike.

Jen's a surefire returning player. That girl is absolutely hilarious and says whatever most of the audience is thinking.

I'm glad they got rid of the boring one of the psychopath duo. His exit was hilarious because the editors really raked him over the coals leading up to it. Shirin is television at its finest. She just needs a bit of luck to make the merge as I bet there's only one more round before then. :up:

Rodney's almost a stereotype of a guido. Northeastern, obsessed with his mother and pulling women at clubs, etc. If you've ever watched Kroll Show, you probably think he's just like Bobby Bottleservice.

I think the four No Collar people are the most chill ones out there and probably the most rootable although they went through hell at the start of the season. It's funny that not only was each of the three tribes given a douchey young male but they also all began the game with a similar mother figure on each one.

Game-wise, the edit is kind of setting up Carolyn and Tyler to be the power players of this game, particularly the latter one.

Yes, I forgot to mention that Tyler is a good guy. So far anyway. :wink: And Rodney isn't almost a stereotype. He IS a stereotype. If they had the Jersey Shore in Boston, he'd be perfect. He's pretty much a Russell wannabe, but at least Russell had a strategy. Rodney just goes around pissing be people off. That never works.

. If they had the Jersey Shore in Boston, he'd be perfect.

They tried if I recall, a reality show might have been titled "Southie" or something, miserable failure, Rodney would probably have been right out of central casting.

Why couldn't he be from some place else?

They tried if I recall, a reality show might have been titled "Southie" or something, miserable failure, Rodney would probably have been right out of central casting.

Why couldn't he be from some place else?

There was a movie called Southie, but no show that I know of. Donnie Wahlberg and Rose McGowan were the stars.

There was a movie called Southie, but no show that I know of. Donnie Wahlberg and Rose McGowan were the stars.

I'll have to figure it out but there was some short lived reality show they filmed in Southie...off to google.

Edit,

There's 2: "Southie Rules": http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2012/12/19/southie-rules-airs-on-ae-in-january/

and "Breaking Boston" http://www.aetv.com/breaking-boston which is the one I had in my head, I watched part of the first episode and it was awful.

I clicked on those links. Rodney could have been on those shows. In SR, he would have been part of the family. In BB, he would have been one of the shitty boyfriends. :lol:

Have you ever eaten at Walhbergers? I went there once. The food was good. I got a shake too, but the price for that was ridiculous.

Never eaten there, go to the movies next door a lot (I live a couple of towns away from the original Hingham location), but have never gone to Wahlburger's. The wife has mentioned wanting to go (this from a woman who doesn't eat red meat), at some point will give it a try.

Well, the line is usually out the door, but they move it along it pretty quickly. A little tip, get on the serve yourself line. It moves quicker and you don't have to tip. My sister lives in Scituate which is about 15-20 minutes from Hingham.

My sister lives in Scituate which is about 15-20 minutes from Hingham.

No kidding. I live in Marshfield (for the past 9 years now), right across bridge from Humarock Beach (the part of Scituate only accessible through Marshfield because a causeway washed away decades ago). Probably stood next to your sister at a Scituate Saint Patrick's Day parade and didn't even know it.

No kidding. I live in Marshfield (for the past 9 years now), right across bridge from Humarock Beach (the part of Scituate only accessible through Marshfield because a causeway washed away decades ago). Probably stood next to your sister at a Scituate Saint Patrick's Day parade and didn't even know it.

How 'bout that! My sis has been in the town for over 20 years, but she's moved to a few different spots. I usually visit there once a year in the late Spring/Summer. My niece and nephew are both servers at the Mill Wharf. Every year I visit, we try to check out some place different. I visited Steve Carell's store in 2013. I love visiting Mass every year. It's totally different from Long Island and definitely in a good way. The only thing that sucks is the drive. I get stuck in traffic every year on 95 in Connecticut.

I swear you could drive 95 in CT in either direction at 3AM and find traffic. Every time I drive to/from NY or NJ for anything, it doesn't matter what time I go through that area south of New Haven, its a mess.

Have eaten at Mill Wharf once a few years back. We ususally take the dog for walks and let my son feed the ducks (he's at the age now where he finds it funny to try and ping the bread off the ducks' heads)at Scituate Harbor in the summer.

-Funny that you mention the traffic in CT, because one time I did actually get stuck in traffic at 2am.

-Bringin the convo back to Survivor, this season has been pretty entertaining so far.

Speaking of which, I was doing close to 95 on that stretch last year when a deer (yes, a deer - south of New Haven lol) zig zagged its way across whatever it is there, 8 lanes or so? Don't ask me how the poor thing made it past whatever fencing there was, but there it was all of a sudden, and it's a miracle no one hit it. It was obviously not heavy traffic, given how fast we were all travelling, but I'm not sure that made it any better of a situation. Cars were swerving all over the place. Fun times.

Sent from my ass crack

Survivor 31 - Cambodia

Survivor 32 - Second Chances/All Stars

Season 32 is supposedly going to involve a fan vote to help cast it and that would be going up online very soon as the season should be filming by May. Word is that anybody in the show's history that played only once and didn't win will be eligible.

Merge is next week...let's do the maths....

5 Blue Collar
4 No Collar
3 White Collar

In the preview, Rodney clearly wants revenge on his other Blue Collars, so he won't work with them whatsoever. Not sure he's going to have a choice though as one side is bound to include a member of that tribe given all their dysfunction.

Sierra voted Joaquin out mostly because she liked Joe (although it also put her in a better position). I could see her joining up with Joe and the No Collars, so that gives them five.

Hali/Jenn/Joe/Sierra/Will...Dan/Kelly/Mike...Rodney...Carolyn...Tyler...Shirin

Some people that don't like each other are going to have to team up. Things are looking very good for No Collar though...they just need to grab a couple of stragglers. I'm thinking they grab Carolyn/Tyler - the two people that not coincidently were given the big strategist edits earlier in the season. They then take out the Blue Collar Trio and the remaining weirdos (Rodney/Shirin).

Tyler has both the emotional and strategic reason to work with that side. He gets revenge on the people that voted Joaquin out at the previous tribal council and also joins the majority. If No Collar are already five-strong, there's nowhere else for Tyler to go given that it will be next to impossible to cobble together a majority with the remaining players.

Likewise, Carolyn's most trustworthy allies will be the members of her current tribe (the three former No Collars) and Tyler from her previous tribe. Again, it's also the easiest way for her to get into the majority as not only will it be impossible to form a group with the other people, but Carolyn/Tyler both dislike Shirin immensely and working with the rest of the players would require them to have to work with Shirin in order to get a 7 person group going.

Winners are probably Jen, Tyler or Carolyn in that order. I could see an all No Collar Final Three with Jen clearly being the only major player in the bunch.

Rodney is a dick and I'm glad his plan to throw the challenge blew up in his face. Glad Joe didn't get voted out. He's a good guy.

The Immunity challenge was ridiculous! Mike telling Kelly the answer 3 times and she still gets it wrong! :lol: He seemed to be so obvious about it and loud! I wasn't sure if the whole team was in on him throwing the challenge or not...but it sure was obvious. I guess they kept douche bag rather than Joaquin thinking he will be more unpopular to take along and no one will vote for him at the end.

I don't think the whole team was in on throwing the challenge (definitely not Joe), it didn't appear DanPanties was in on it or Sierra...I think it was only Mike, Rodney and Joaquin.
It should have been obvious to the others as Mike kept bungling that he was throwing it though. Mike even said it himself, throwing a challenge is almost never a good move, Rodney and Joaquin found that out the hard way.

Yeah, Dan definitely didn't know about throwing the challenge. I'll give Mike credit. He threw the challenge...to fuck over Rodney. Thankfully, the Rodney/Joaquin bromance is dead. The best was when Rodney winked at Mike during TC and Mike winked back at him, knowing of course that he was voting out Joaquin.

Plus, Dan should give up apologizing to Sierra. He just can't seem to get it right.

JP definitely had to have heard Mike talking to Kelly, but surprisingly didn't say anything.

Keep in mind this is not live
But heavily edited. Everyone knew he was throwing it and were talking about it.

In other news: Water is wet and the sun is hot.

Seriously though, Jeff usually does a running commentary of the action during the challenges. Plus, he's not present at camp to observe the machinations of the various tribe members. And finally, as was stated earlier, a few of Rodney's tribe mates weren't aware that they were throwing the challenge. Like Dan, Sierra and, of course, Joe.

Throwing a challenge is never smart in my opinion, but I'm glad the bromance got split up.

Back
Top Bottom