stupid question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
hey i was thinking about this last night for on reason, i was wondering if bono had quit smoking... i havent seen him with a ciggie for a while and it wouldnt really fit in with his whole saving the world thing(hes an angel) anyway...maybe somebody knows!sorry if this is a stupid question

I was wondering that too, and about Edge. I was lookin on the net, but I obviously didnt look hard enough cause I cant find it! GGRR!

I recently read something that said something about him and a cigarette, but he can't do anything in public without it landing in the press. And sometimes stuff pops up in the press about him that's not true (remember the infamous "flying hat" story?), so maybe it had no foundation in fact.

The last I saw was from last years' Oscars, there was a picture of him and Colin Farrell. Colin was weraing Bono's sunglasses and Bono had a cigarette in is mouth.

If they haven't quit smoking, I wish they would. I know how tough it is, especially when you are in the kind of enviorments (parties and stuff), cause I'm trying to myself. Didn't Adam say something like "If I had known at fifteen that I'd still be smoking at (whatever age he was), I never would have started?" Anyone know the quote?

well i know that bono has stopped smoking because it effects his vocals! But im not sure about colin, i hope he would stop smoking too! ITS BAD FOR U EVERY SIG TAKES 5 MINS OFF UR LIFE!!!!!1

"It's dumb to smoke, and it really changed my voice, and I lost the high register, and I lost the ability to fly as a singer. I had a lot of complications with my voice anyway. The doctor told me I couldn't smoke."
-- Bono, 2001

i read this today. thats something i didnt know. it really explains the change in the tone of his voice over the last couple albums. i really wish he hadnt started smoking :( i know that he looks oh so sexy with smoke coming from his lips, but i would rather he takes care of his health above that. you know they make herbal ciggys. i would thing they were better for you. i smoked. i started when i was 15 and quit when it was legal for me to buy them (go figure) and i still crave them a lot. its tough. but hes stubborn and can kick it completely if he wants to. please! i want to hear the high notes at the end of with or without you!
:( :sad: :(

ylimeU2 said:
The last I saw was from last years' Oscars, there was a picture of him and Colin Farrell. Colin was weraing Bono's sunglasses and Bono had a cigarette in is mouth.

Yes but that was the whole idea I think, them switching trademarks. So the sig was probably Colin's.
But there were other pics from the afterparty,with Ali sitting on his lap and she WAS holding a sigaret! His or hers??Who'll tell?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom