Stolen U2 Demo Vertigo Teaser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brownda7 said:
As elaine says in seinfeld,

"fake, fake fake fake"

hopefully when the album finally comes out, we'll be saying "it's real, and it's spectacular."

If the guy on soulseek is reading this, you know who you are, the arse with the 10meg vertigo sample, yes YOU, give it up for God's sake.

Hog
:angry:

:wink:

This one livluv has hosted sounds like a whole bunch of sampling from about 12 existing U2 songs. But then some of you reckon it sounds nothing like them.

So as usual, we know nothing for sure :wink:

Crap, this quote forced me to download it.

"This one livluv has hosted sounds like a whole bunch of sampling from about 12 existing U2 songs. But then some of you reckon it sounds nothing like them. "

It doesn't resemble any U2 song I can think of, much less 12 existing songs. It's basically the same riff throughout with some minor ad-libbing.

The only way it resembles U2 is that it sounds like the guitar has delay/echo, the drums and bass aren't in the ballpark.

I do like the sound of it though, basically. I like playing my guitar with delay effects too. If I had a good drum machine, I could make something like this and see how many people I could fool. :wink:

Not any one song no, but to me it sounds like snippets of a few - ie someone trying to give something non-tangible a U2 sound perhaps.

I'm not explaining this well...You know when you first hear a new album and you think 'Yep, this is U2' even though the album might not be like something they've done previously, think AB from R&H for example. They're not really alike, but each smacks of U2. It IS U2. This though, sounds like it's primary purpose is to sound like U2. And unlike any real U2, it makes me think of previous work.

:hmm:

Anyway. Wait, we must.

ahhhh, don't upload it, if we're true u2 fans we don't do these things with our band, everyone is curious about the new stuff, we're waiting for years, just wait for another 2-3 months! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom