Stickittoandre, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe Sam could set up a set next to him and if Larry needed a break.. he could carry on :wink:

Would love to hear their interpretation of those songs now
No. No breaks. He plays until he dies. And half the fandom then celebrates.

You don't have October? :eyebrow:

No. For some really stupid reason I got Boy and War remasters and then stood there for 5 mins debating with myself wether or not I could afford all three of them. The lady standing next to me kept giving me weird looks. I could just kill myself for not getting it because now I can't find the damn thing.

Last edited:
I like this setlist.

Killing Larry through setlisting. :drool:

Add a few more songs for extra Larry death:

1. God Part II
2. The Refugee
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
4. Gloria
5. Rejoice
6. With A Shout
7. I Threw A Brick
8. Like A Song
9. Stranger In A Strange Land

Killing Larry through setlisting. :drool:

Add a few more songs for extra Larry death:

1. God Part II
2. The Refugee
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
4. Gloria
5. Rejoice
6. With A Shout
7. I Threw A Brick
8. Like A Song
9. Stranger In A Strange Land
We should think of a few covers to pepper this with, like Rush or something. Just for good measure. Make SURE he drops dead.

Can I ask a question?

Why didn't they do to the War remaster bonus disc like they did with October? Instead of fifteen billion NYD remixes.. why not just put some live tracks?

I dunna get it.

Can I ask a question?

Why didn't they do to the War remaster bonus disc like they did with October? Instead of fifteen billion NYD remixes.. why not just put some live tracks?

I dunna get it.
McGuinne$$ has his eyes on the 40th anniversary cashgrab.

We should think of a few covers to pepper this with, liek Rush or something. Jsut for good measure. Make SURE he drops dead.

10. YYZ (Rush)
11. The Dance Of Eternity (Dream Theater - 6.5 minutes long, 17 different time signatures, 93 changes between them)
12. And if the bastard's still alive after that, anything Hellhammer has ever played will finish him off. Hell, we could just choose the most generic black metal song ever, because I imagine attempting even the dodgiest blastbeats would kill Larry.

10. YYZ (Rush)
11. The Dance Of Eternity (Dream Theater - 6.5 minutes long, 17 different time signatures, 93 changes between them)
12. And if the bastard's still alive after that, anything Hellhammer has ever played will finish him off. Hell, we could just choose the most generic black metal song ever, because I imagine attempting even the dodgiest blastbeats would kill Larry.
Fuck, I bet the drum solo on a Green Day song would at least make a few fingers fall off. Tre's wicked fast. I haven't even been able to figure that one out yet.

For example, the drummers in the bands I saw last night. Both of whom looked more energetic than a mannequin Larry too, wowz0rz!
THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE!!! :scream:

There are so many things wrong with Mulling Jar.

...and Axver and Reggo take over the thread with LarryBashing.

I tend to pay more attention to Larry's shoulders and arms than his drumming....
Hence why his lack of talent has gone unnoticed for so long. He's pretty, so people get distracted.

McGuinne$$ has his eyes on the 40th anniversary cashgrab.

I can't wait for all the editions of JT yet to come. :crack:

I know for a fact that there are at least SEVEN songs still unreleased from the JT sessions. We have seven approximately 30 second samples of songs from the JT sessions, and only ONE of them surfaced on last year's remaster (In The Doorstep - Golden Light proved to be Rise Up). So there's six still in the vaults from that, of which four appear to be originals while the other two are early versions of Walk To The Water and Race Against Time. In addition to those six, there is the early version of Heartland still officially unreleased.

And one wonders if Womanfish was ever actually recorded in the studio.

Can larry even do a double kick that exists in most metal tracks?

For some reason I just had a strange mental of him playing with Cannibal Corpse :lmao:
Larry can't even use the foot pedal for his hi-hats alongside his single kick! How fucking useless is that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom