Starsailor US Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper: :crack: :heart: :hyper:

I'm getting SO excited for these shows...for tim burgess opening too, despite the questionable quality of his solo attempt :eyebrow: He IS tim burgess though, so he gets my love. :heart:

I'm hoping for a jumping, kicking James Walsh, footstomping, spikyhaired Stel, smiling, suave Ben, and...well...THERE Barry. ;)

soonsoonsoon...

I think there are a few people from the Starsailor message board going to the Toronto show. I know of at least one person who will be going. :)

hey, if you're in NYC, a group of us are getting together before the show on the 22nd. Can't wait! and not to sound like a moron, but is the album out in the US yet?

I really hope they cover Streets in DC
Oh, I know...I nearly passed out when they did that...then when they covered 'All I want is You' at ULU... :drool: Anyway, that would be wonderful. I've also heard them do a great cover of Neil Young's 'Needle and the Damage Done' :heart:

joyfulgirl said:
Tell me about Tim Burgess.
Oh, wow...how to tell about tim...his solo attempt or him in general? He's the lead singer of the Charlatans. ( :heart: ) and one of the most entertaining lead singers around. Even when he's too high to be coherent on stage, his dancing alone is captivating. :dance: He tried to do a solo attempt (his wife is american and lives in CA so he spends a lot of time in the states I guess). The solo stuff is very influenced by american music, it seems...a bit of a delve into country. Anyway, he's such a legend in british music that even though his solo stuff at gigs isn't quite up to the charlatans level (in my opinion), everyone still absolutely adores him. (from what i saw at a gig megan and i went to anyway)

*contemplates whether I should wear the 'who the :censored: is tim burgess' shirt...

"Tim, can I have a word with you? TIM! Can I have a word with you?"

:lmao:

Yes, Tim Burgess's solo effort may not be all that great, but I would (and did!) still pay to see him dance around on stage for a while....and smile....:cute:....:heart:

meegannie said:
"Tim, can I have a word with you? TIM! Can I have a word with you?"

:lmao:
:lol: Classic.

Yes, Tim Burgess's solo effort may not be all that great, but I would (and did!) still pay to see him dance around on stage for a while....and smile....:cute:....:heart:
Definitely. :) I realized I probably sounded too negative. I actually bought the cd at an exchange shop. Listening to it, I've realized that there are a few songs I really do like. It might not come across as well live...I know that usually things are better live, but I don't know... :scratch:
Anyway, yes, it's TIM. :heart:

vidshoot3.jpg
:cute:

I can't wait until science progresses enough to allow me to have my very own MiniTimmy.
:heart:
tim_port_0801.jpg
:heart:

...i think im going to dc....and i ordered starsailor's new cd from amazon.co.uk or whatever it is and hopefully i will get that about a week in advance

DrMusk said:
...i think im going to dc....and i ordered starsailor's new cd from amazon.co.uk or whatever it is and hopefully i will get that about a week in advance
I'm so excited for the gig :hyper:

Some people think 'silence is easy' is far more immediate than starsailor's first album, and some think it's a grower...I liked it more when I first heard it (as an album) than their first one (which took a while to grow on me). That said, certain songs on SIE took longer to grow on me than 'love is here' songs - it's sort of fun in a way though, because weeks later I'd listen to a song that I wasn't too crazy about at the start (such as Shark Food or Restless Heart) and I'd just all of a sudden get it and LOVE the song. :shrug: Anyway, rambling..I hope you like the album! :D

Originally posted by meegannieI can't wait until science progresses enough to allow me to have my very own MiniTimmy.
Think they've found our version at the office yet??? ;)

I was just watching mtv2 (one of the many 'best 22 ----' shows that they've been doing) and they mentioned starsailor. :ohmy: It was brief, but..they were doing the 22 best voices and discussing thom yorke. They said he influenced (his way of singing, emotion in his songs, etc) bands such as coldplay and starsailor. Maybe another one too, i can't remember...anyway, i was very pleasantly shocked! :D

Ok, yes, I'm posting three times in a row, but...update on the Tim Burgess opening issue. So now I guess he might not be opening, at least not on all the US dates. I guess he pulled out of some of them...not sure which ones... I thought he was listed on teh 930 site as opening earlier, but he isn't now. :( I guess we'll see...

edit:
Thanks, megan for finding this...

from tim's site:
As for the US Starsailor gigs starting on the 15th of
January, well that's a complicated one... but mainly
it's due to schedule conflicts & the fact that,
'I Believe' has not yet been released in America. It's
difficult to tour when you don't have a record out
there to reference & support...
I am good friends with Starsailor & have always had
the best times whilst being on the road with them. I
truly appreciate the offering to play with them & am
really upset about not being able to make this tour.
My most sincere apologies go out to Starsailor & to
all of you that were expecting to see me in the states
this time around...
I will have to make it up in the early part of the
year...!
Also be on the look out for a new Charlatans record
due out early next year.

ok, that last part i can be excited about i guess...

Last edited:
Or smile like Timmy. :sad:

I do like the music, though. And the t-shirts. He's young, though! And I bet he'll have teeny-bopper girl fans soon. :no:

Well, Johnathan Rice was not bad...would have been nicer if he had a backing band, and he looked sort of nervous up there himself, but on the whole, he did a good job.

As for Starsailor themselves, :combust: Yeah. They were that awesome. It was my first Starsailor show...it was a really intimate show--I couldn't tell how many people, as we were right up front :) They opened with Shark Food, closed with Good Souls. In between, Tie Up My Hands was amazing. I wasn't prepared for how good it could be live, but I was astounded. Silence Is Easy stole the show, Music Was Saved sounded fantastic live. But Good Souls...wow. I don't even really have words to describe to you what this song is like...granted, it is (one) of favourite songs off of Love Is Here; live, it soars.

T minus 5 days for a few of us. I am rather excited for Saturday. I wonder how crowded the 9:30 Club is going to be?

Sweetest _Thing did they Play Born Again at your Show? I agree, Good Souls effin rocks live.

Jenn or Megan - what are the chances they will play All or Nothing? I imagine that AON would be fantastic live.

So we're getting Matthew Ryan in Boulder instead of Jonathan Rice. Anybody know anything about him?

DiGi said:
T minus 5 days for a few of us. I am rather excited for Saturday. I wonder how crowded the 9:30 Club is going to be?

Jenn or Megan - what are the chances they will play All or Nothing? I imagine that AON would be fantastic live.

:hyper:
I don't know about the crowd...I'm hoping the cold keeps people away or something. :shifty: Not that I don't want a crowd, just not too much of one. I haven't seen much talk on the 930 board about it.

I doubt they'll play All or Nothing, sadly. :( I've never heard them do it live and they've been so into new and/or u2 covers, so....not sure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom