Stand Up Comedy: one of the worst ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I petition to ban JOFO from this website

His views are just plain derogotory and I have never seen any constructive input to the U2 community from him. Either that or please remove rename this thread to 'JOFO is a whiny little girl'

Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, but thought I'd add my two cents.

I don't care for the song, but it's not my least favorite U2 song.

That honor belongs to "The Hands that Built America." I really can't bear that song.

But when you consider that I pretty much love almost every song on every album U2 has recorded, disliking a few tunes here and there doesn't make me a "bad fan."

I don't understand the hate! There are a TON of U2 songs I dislike. Sure the ahh-hoooooohs of the chorus are quite wonky but everything else is solid! And the guitar solo and the lyrics are great and funny!

Just so people who come at me know:

your shit washes right off my back. I know I'm a fan and have nothing to prove to a bunch of internet scoffs.

I like to challenge U2; good, they deserve it, especially after the ass kissing they get here and elsewhere.

But I still love them and their music.

Ban me.
Couldn't care less and won't change a damn thing.

Stand Up Comedy is the worst track on NLOTH, but certainly isn't the worst ever. Here are a few songs that are worse than this in my opinion:
Miami
A Man And A Woman
One Step Closer
Yahweh
Everything on ATYCLB after Kite.
Elevation
Trip Through Your Wires.

Why are people getting so worked up over what JOFO says? I swear, people on this board are the most easily offended and sensitive people of any message board I've ever been a part of. Everywhere else I go when people insult eachother most people just laugh it off and get on with the discussion. Let people argue. I always imagine people in front of their computer with tears welling up in their eyes because someone implied that their favorite U2 song sucks. Or they didn't say "IMO" after their sentence, as if our opinion matters so freakin much. It's so utterly unimportant. We don't need the feeling police looking over every word we say making sure no one's feelings get hurt and sending in the puffy pillow fight patrol to break up arguments as if we're little children who need a slap on the wrist and a timeout.

I petition to ban JOFO from this website

His views are just plain derogotory and I have never seen any constructive input to the U2 community from him. Either that or please remove rename this thread to 'JOFO is a whiny little girl'

LOL! are you serious? even though i don't agree with JOFO all the time, he is one of the better members here. at least he backs up his statements, whether positive or negative.

Thanks man.

BTW- people are misreading this thread title- it's not

"Is SUC THE WORST ever?"

it's

"SUC: ONE OF the worst ever?"

which, as I said, was still a bit harsh.
But alot of people have agreed that it's the weakest tune on the album.
IMO it doesn't belong on there.
Definitely should've went with winter.

Why are people getting so worked up over what JOFO says? I swear, people on this board are the most easily offended and sensitive people of any message board I've ever been a part of. Everywhere else I go when people insult eachother most people just laugh it off and get on with the discussion. Let people argue. I always imagine people in front of their computer with tears welling up in their eyes because someone implied that their favorite U2 song sucks. Or they didn't say "IMO" after their sentence, as if our opinion matters so freakin much. It's so utterly unimportant. We don't need the feeling police looking over every word we say making sure no one's feelings get hurt and sending in the puffy pillow fight patrol to break up arguments as if we're little children who need a slap on the wrist and a timeout.

The reason the "puffy pillow fight patrol" comes in to break up certain arguments is because we don't want this place to devolve into the crap that happens at numerous other message boards, where you can't have a thread go more than a few posts without people acting like petulant little kids throwing insults left and right.

That being said, I certainly don't see why people are getting so worked up in this thread. The guy doesn't like a song that you do. It's not the end of the world, and certainly doesn't merit any sense of outrage. I certainly don't agree with him, but hey, if that's what he thinks, then that's what he thinks. People have different opinions. Deal with it like mature adults and move on.

:shrug:

i can live with Crazy, even like it. It's appropriate it's acronym is SUC. Sounds like some lame Jason Mraz song.

Trip Through Your Wires.

vr672b.gif

What I find odd is that people are lumping Crazy and SUC in with Elevation, Vertigo, and the general sound of the last two albums. I wholeheartedly disagree. While I do not love Elevation and Vertigo (although I love the influx mix), they are incredibly well done singles for radio play and still have a great U2 feel. SUC and Crazy just plain suck--This is by far the first time I have ever felt this way about a U2 song. The lyrics are laughable, and the sound is just too lazy and has-been-ish. If Crazy is released to radio it will TANK. Vertigo and Elevation are still played on the radio frequently.

What I find odd is that people are lumping Crazy and SUC in with Elevation, Vertigo, and the general sound of the last two albums. I wholeheartedly disagree. While I do not love Elevation and Vertigo (although I love the influx mix), they are incredibly well done singles for radio play and still have a great U2 feel. SUC and Crazy just plain suck--This is by far the first time I have ever felt this way about a U2 song. The lyrics are laughable, and the sound is just too lazy and has-been-ish. If Crazy is released to radio it will TANK. Vertigo and Elevation are still played on the radio frequently.

great Edge guitar + great Adam funk-tastic bass = suck? no.

JOFO will be the only one sitting down

well, if I even GET tickets.........:angry:

but no, probably it would be a good piss/beer break.

I can see why people think that lyric would get the crowd going, but man, I disagree. "Stand up for your love". Yeah. Woo.

I bet it's not even played. Seriously. So it's a moot point.
Boots
Mag
MOS
Crazy
NLOTH
Breathe
and maybe UC are all we're gonna hear.

I bet it's not even played. Seriously. So it's a moot point.
Boots
Mag
MOS
Crazy
NLOTH
Breathe
and maybe UC are all we're gonna hear.

Really? Serious?

I mean many of us hope they don't, but we all know this is the type of song that will be a stadium hit...

Back
Top Bottom