Springsteen VII ~ Wrecking Ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still think the guy next to me in Hartford a couple years ago was the best. He checked out of the hospital AMA after having a heart attack cos he'd already missed the Boston shows and he was damned if he was going to miss ct as well. That dude is my hero.

That's pretty rock n roll.

Longest I've driven is 5 hours. Went to Columbus to see the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth. I'd do that shit every day if I could afford it.

Yay i have tickets for next year. I only need tix now for Paris show and Munich (yay my birthday actually ... can't decide FOS or seats.. I never took a seat for a Bruce show lol)

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

That's pretty rock n roll.

Longest I've driven is 5 hours. Went to Columbus to see the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth. I'd do that shit every day if I could afford it.

If I didn't drive 6 or 8 hours to concerts I wouldn't see any concerts at all.

I see he ignored that sign (at least, it wasn't played). But with Adam Raised A Cain, Reason To Believe, Raise Your Hand and Jungleland (and some other goodies) it certainly looks like a great setlist. Yep, I'm gonna buy a ticket to see him next June then.

OH MY GOD

@springsteen: Huge news: Bruce & the E Street Band are coming to Australia! Brisbane (Mar 14), Sydney (Mar 18), Melbourne (Mar 24), and Macedon (Mar 30).

Fucking hell. 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep. It's always worth it. Reason to Believe was amazing. Solo acoustic Long Time Comin' was very nice.

Two ways to lose your fancard:

a. leave DURING Born to Run
b. during Dancing in the Dark (a fine song, though), turn to me and say, smiling, "There it is."

Fucking hell. 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep. It's always worth it. Reason to Believe was amazing. Solo acoustic Long Time Comin' was very nice.

Two ways to lose your fancard:

a. leave DURING Born to Run
b. during Dancing in the Dark (a fine song, though), turn to me and say, smiling, "There it is."

I usually only get 4 hours of sleep per night with or without concerts. :(

I was really hoping for Reason to Believe at my show as well as Jungleland, two songs I've never heard live. And Thunder Road. You got a great set list. Mine was so disappointing to me although it's silly to whine about anything regarding a Springsteen show.

Yay for Australia dates. GA all the way. Pretty sure too that each city will get at least 3 shows. I will go to as many as I can. Will be interesting to compare Bruce's GA lines with U2's.

Yay for Australia dates. GA all the way. Pretty sure too that each city will get at least 3 shows. I will go to as many as I can. Will be interesting to compare Bruce's GA lines with U2's.

if it's wristbands like it is here, it won't be as retarded as u2's for sure.

if it's wristbands like it is here, it won't be as retarded as u2's for sure.

From what I have seen with U2 here in Australia, each venue pretty much does its own thing as far as managing GA lines.

Unless of course the band management impress upon the promoter to follow a set procedure. But I don't believe that was the case for U2. Sometimes it seemed the security staff were a long way removed from the wishes of the band or their management. Sydney were the worst. Their lines are disorganised.

One of my friends just texted me a picture of Springsteen standing about 10 feet away from him at the show tonight. As an FYI, I backed out from going to the show with him, so I would have been standing 10 feet from Springsteen tonight. Oopsie daisy.

When Springsteen was standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME in St. Louis, I completely freaked. Then at the last second I was like, Oh I should take a picture. But it was too late. This is all that remains:

329_542074471434_7357_n.jpg

Moments before I took that picture he was standing right next to me.

When Springsteen was standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME in St. Louis, I completely freaked. Then at the last second I was like, Oh I should take a picture. But it was too late. This is all that remains:

329_542074471434_7357_n.jpg

Moments before I took that picture he was standing right next to me.

Better you enjoyed the moment than spent too much time photographing it....at least in my opinion. Photos of Bruce are everywhere, but you rarely if ever get to just absorb a moment in time quite like that.

When I was in college, I turned down a ticket to a Texas Rangers game to study for a biology test.

Nolan Ryan pitched a no hitter. :angry:

You stupid son of a bitch.

Exactly. In retrospect, I'm glad I forgot all about my camera in the moment.

The same thing happened when I saw The Big Pink this summer. The lead singer was standing on the rail right in front of me, literally touching my arm, and I completely forgot about my camera until after he was already gone.

Back
Top Bottom