Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday at the press conference Springsteen mentioned how he wanted the performance to be a "12 minute party", so to speak.

If he's only got 12 minutes, I can't see it being more than three songs, unless he performs medley style.

And with BTR sure to be one of the songs, that would only leave two spots.

:hmm:

Or, perhaps he does a quick excerpt of a new song from the album, and then goes straight into something else, thereby doing four songs.

Ah, fuck. We'll just wait and see, I guess.

The press conference is here: NFL Video Galleries

23 minutes long but quite entertaining. Bruce is nothing if not brutally honest ;)

PS: He was asked about the no shows in Detroit and Cleveland and said they'd be coming back ;)

:bump:
Folks this is not a page two thread today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ready for some BRUUUUUUUUUCE? Oh yeah, and some football :wink:

Is there any way I can see this online? I'm in Brazil and I don't have the channel that will broadcast this. :sad:

Is there any way I can see this online? I'm in Brazil and I don't have the channel that will broadcast this. :sad:
You might try this site

http://www.justin. tv/xboxlivenetwork
slide the . and the tv together and click..........
I watched the Bruce press conference here
It looks like it may work for you. Hope it does :)
ETA:
He seems to be trying to work out the kinks.............

I saw The Wrestler (which was fantastic) a few nights ago, and really liked Springsteen's track at the end. Should I just buy the song, or should I get the album? How is it overall in comparison to the last album, I'm just not sure if I'd enjoy it enough to get the whole thing. I actually only have Nebraska, Magic, and the Greatest Hits compilation that came out in the '90's. I like them all, but I'm worried since I don't have a lot of his "big" material, getting this album may turn me off to him if I don't enjoy it.

Thoughts?

I don't think the album is as good as Magic was, but it's not a bad album by any stretch. I think some of it is a little Bruce-by-the-numbers, but from my only listen (so far), there were a couple of stand out tracks that I'm looking forward to listening to a little more closely.

I saw The Wrestler (which was fantastic) a few nights ago, and really liked Springsteen's track at the end. Should I just buy the song, or should I get the album? How is it overall in comparison to the last album, I'm just not sure if I'd enjoy it enough to get the whole thing. I actually only have Nebraska, Magic, and the Greatest Hits compilation that came out in the '90's. I like them all, but I'm worried since I don't have a lot of his "big" material, getting this album may turn me off to him if I don't enjoy it.

Thoughts?

The idea that you don't have his first five albums and Born in the USA sickens me.

The idea that you don't have his first five albums and Born in the USA sickens me.

I know, I know. That said, does the idea of me buying this album for that song sound like a terrible idea at this juncture?

Cori's comments make me think it probably is.

I'm a pretty big fan and I haven't read anything yet that makes me want to buy the album. I will probably download just the song myself unless people start saying the album has grown on them, or I may end up eventually getting the album since I do collect his stuff. But his more recent work has been too hit and miss for me and I don't really listen to it. I haven't actually loved anything since The Rising. I liked Magic okay but only listened to it for about a week before losing interest. :reject:

I'm thinking about going to the Denver show, though.

I don't even know who's playing in the game today, and worse, I don't care that I don't know.

But I'll have it on in the background while I'm cleaning & packing and I hope I don't miss Bruce. :grumpy:

I don't even know who's playing in the game today, and worse, I don't care that I don't know.

But I'll have it on in the background while I'm cleaning & packing and I hope I don't miss Bruce. :grumpy:

Negative Nancy!

:wink:

K, I think I'll just get the song for now. Thanks everyone (except for Philly, no thanks to him).

I know, I know. That said, does the idea of me buying this album for that song sound like a terrible idea at this juncture?

Cori's comments make me think it probably is.

I think you should get the earlier albums first so you're not concerned about this album disappointing you, if you really think that'll happen.

Born to Run is better than London Calling, man. You need that.

Negative Nancy!

:wink:

K, I think I'll just get the song for now. Thanks everyone (except for Philly, no thanks to him).

I'm still going to say "You're welcome," just to deaden the effect of you leaving me out of the thanks.

I have not gotten the album yet, which is why I'm mostly useless here.

Are you packing to move, Joyful? If so, I sympathize as movie is pretty much my least favorite thing to do.

I know I've mentioned how good The National's live cover of 'Mansion On The Hill' is (which the performance on The Virginia EP was apparently performed WITH Springsteen in the audience), but I can't remember if I've ever mentioned how much I like Bat For Lashes' cover of 'I'm On Fire'. It's great stuff. You can listen to the full song on Last FM here or watch a live perfomance video:

Bat For Lashes – I'm on Fire – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx6MGHp8S70

Are you packing to move, Joyful? If so, I sympathize as movie is pretty much my least favorite thing to do.

No, thank God. Just going away next weekend. I have packing issues so I have to start early.:|

Mofo, I really like Bruce's new album, more than most of the people on here it seems, but I have to agree with the Peef...buy Born To Run instead. Or Darkness on the Edge of Town. They are, by my estimation, easily his two greatest albums and are all-time classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom