Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backstreets cracks me up. Anything interesting happens, and the site completely crashes.

Ha! Well, I'm sure when it's back up, there will be 180 new threads all titles riffing on "Working On A Dream - what did you think"?

I missed it! :scream:

Workin' On A Dream, eh? That sounds familiar. Is it anything like Countin' On A Miracle? Or Waitin' On A Sunny Day? Or Tom Petty's Runnin' Down A Dream?

They're all over there saying things like "Don't judge the album based on this song. If we'd heard Magic first do you tink we'd have wanted to buy the album?" But isn't that the POINT of a lead single, it's supposed to be something that makes you WANT to buy the album.

Im tempted to post some gems from the thread, just to remind us all what this forum is going to be like when we get some U2 stuff soon here.

Definitely agree with that. I can't imagine this is already being plugged as the lead single, because that would imply the album is in the can and ready to go, and I didn't think that was a definite yet.

And please do - I don't want to go to Backstreets myself and go crazy with all the threads!

Ok Cori here's some great ones so far:

All this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not because it was bad (it was). Mixing Bruce with NBC and the Super Bowl feels so inauthentic, so contrived. Where's the integrity? This is not Bruce on his own terms, this is commercialized, butchered, NFL soundtrack doesn't-even-fit-the-pathos-of-football material. It can only end in disaster and disgust.

I didn't see all this as a sell-out, until just now. It makes me sick.

I CANT BELIEVE THE WHISTLING'S IN THE STUDIO VERSION!
icon_eek.gif
UNBELIEVABLE. I REALLY THINK I'M GOING TO BE SICK

Are you kidding me?

I watched a bunch juiced up idiotic jocks running around for 90 mins just for that.

The song is really bad. Is every verse just like one line? Plus nothing rhymed.

Fucking terrible.

What are the other songs going to be like if this is the one they're releasing?

It's my second favorite Bruce song already and I can't stop whistling it.

:lol:

So we have two people getting sick, and nothing rhymes, and OMG SELLOUT!!!!!

I'm the last person to go around whining whistling the Sellout Blues, but I have to admit, I kind of agree with that person in this situation. It seemed pretty pointless to have one minute of a song during a football game.

And the poll so far:

Good or Bad?
Great 1% [ 1 ]
Ok 22% [ 12 ]
Eh 35% [ 19 ]
Not Ok1% [ 1 ]
Not Great 20% [ 11 ]
Absolutely fricken terrible! 16% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 53

Yeah, backstreets is a mess. There's only like one mod, and I don't think he's EVER around, since he's the guy who RUNS THE ENTIRE SITE. He's kinda got a lot of other stuff to do.

:lmao:

I'm near tears with laughter on this one.

THis is THE ULTIMATE whistle rant:

All together now - boooooooooooo.

OK, whittled down 60 second edit version... fine. Obnoxious football player grunting overlays... fine. Lame-ass song to begin with... fine. But that whistle solo! The crappy Obama rally version was better! Now don't get me wrong - I loves me a good whistle solo - check out John Hiatts' superlative whistle solo on Ben Vaughn's "Too Sensitive For This World". "Dream River" by The Mavericks... Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream".. Cat Powers' "After It All"... the collected works of Andrew Bird and Leon Redbone... a good whistle solo is beyond groovy and I was thrilled to see Bruce attempt it a couple weeks ago.

But that was some serious weak-ass whistling, Bruce. I yi yi... At least he still has his politics...

That guy knows his whistling!

He really does.

I thought I was a good whistler...til I met him. Now I'm ashamed

I might make this my sig quote though :lmao:
I can just imagine all the band members in the studio after it was done, hard to believe they all thought this was a good track. I cant imagine Nils or Max or even Stevie saying "Thats awesome Bruce great just great"...."especially that whistle part"...

If only Nils weren't laid up with two replaced hips .... he would have put a stop to this nonsense.

:lol: !!

I actually was thinking about taking most of Human Touch and a lot of Tracks off my iPod. I hit "next" waaaay too often when those albums come up.

I like the thread with pictures of whistles and a tea kettle :lol:

That Phillip guy is cracking me up. He is really upset over this

also this (not Phillip):

shellhouse, I'm almost certain we'll be seeing sing-along choruses, whistle-along choruses, and also scenes of Nils and Stevie dog-piling the Big Man while Roy slips into a ref outfit and Pats gets in a cheerleader outfit and no one plugs her pom-poms in while she chants vibratoically "Give me a B-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee. R-arr-arr-arr-arr U-uu-uu-uu-uu-uu..."

Update on the poll OMG:

Good or Bad?
Great 4% [ 3 ]
Ok 23% [ 17 ]
Eh 34% [ 25 ]
Not Ok 1% [ 1 ]
Not Great20% [ 15 ]
Absolutely fricken terrible!15% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts