Spiderman News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Spidey stuff is better than recent U2, all that it tells me (only speaking for myself) is that this is what U2 could be doing if they didn't have a drummer that has developed a boring milquetoast taste in music since he turned 40.

Or even Adam...but certainly Larry.

If the Spidey stuff is better than recent U2, all that it tells me (only speaking for myself) is that this is what U2 could be doing if they didn't have a drummer that has developed a boring milquetoast taste in music since he turned 40.

Or even Adam...but certainly Larry.

:yes:

I love guessing how a song sounds just based on the title.

This. How far back did we hear the title 'No Line on the Horizon', 2007? & then some vague bits about the inspiration for it from Bono, it was so evocative and captivating, I was completely off in my imagination, but it remains one of my favorite titles from them, ever.

so do previews begin tonight? is anyone here going?

Isn't it Sunday? I seem to recall that the official website says November 28th. I'll double-check.
Edit: Yup. The website says "Arrives Nov 28 on Broadway". ;)

This. How far back did we hear the title 'No Line on the Horizon', 2007? & then some vague bits about the inspiration for it from Bono, it was so evocative and captivating, I was completely off in my imagination, but it remains one of my favorite titles from them, ever.

In the November 2006 (20th Anniversary) issue 244 of Q Magazine, Bono mentioned the following lines, in response to where he was at the moment:
The sea is the same colour as the sky/There's no line on the horizon/ Infinity is a great place to start.

Whoa, I didn't remember it going all the way back to 2006!

Also, happy birthday to me with the preview premiere of Turn Off the Dark.

Bono is going to be on 60 Minutes this Sunday to talk about Spiderman.

Edit: Nevermind, it was already said two pages back.

thank you for posting my video!! :kiss:

(no really i mean it! i'm always glad when people enjoy what i upload to youtube! :))
haha! I only noticed it was yours after I posted this one and read your posts in the other thread about the rehearsals. Nevertheless: a great upload! :applaud: I read you have also recorded some other versions of the song?

Did anyone notice this recording of Boy Falls from the Auckland rehearsal already? Imo it sounds WAY better than the Coimbra version. A 5 minute trip into U2 heaven...

YouTube - U2 - Boy Falls From The Sky (Rehearsal Auckland)

Yeah I did, I posted it in the thread about its (revised) lyrics over at It's A Musical Journey yesterday. I have to agree I really like the new approach over the other versions we've heard. Subtle and simple changes, but it really contributes to creating a dynamic in the second half of the song - the part I have had most trouble with liking until now.
Thanks for recording it and sharing it with us KhanadaRhodes :up:

What I like about this new version it that it takes me on a ride, especially after 3:30. It´s a long version (5m+) but that is no problem at all since it tends to carry me away. It gets better every time I hear it, much like Mercy (studio version).

With the band playing at least one of the songs from the musical, it would seem that there really is an intent to record a U2 version of the soundtrack...or at least the highlights of it. As long as that happens, then I don't think anyone can say that this was a waste of their writing time. And if the songs are so U2- and Bono-suited as this, then a U2ified soundtrack would be amazing

To be fair, the only Spider-Man track they've played started as a U2 song in 2006, so we cant read too much into that, around the time they played BFFTS in Europe Bono was still being quoted about the rhythm section's hesitancy towards being involved in anything Spider-Man related.

To be fair, the only Spider-Man track they've played started as a U2 song in 2006, so we cant read too much into that, around the time they played BFFTS in Europe Bono was still being quoted about the rhythm section's hesitancy towards being involved in anything Spider-Man related.

Ah, I hadn't seen those quotes...I'm slowly catching up from my prolonged blue crack laziness. ;)

What makes you say BFFTS was a U2 song not written for Spider-man? Without hearing any of the others yet of course, this one sounds like it would have been written specifically for this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom