Spiderman News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video was fuckin' cool, I knew the spectacle for this was going to be ridiculously fun.

41 pieces of music, and only 4 or 5 of them are rock songs? I assume he means that only 4 or 5 of them are traditional rock songs, I think half of the selling point to this was that the music would be more approachable to the general public because of it being written by real rock musicians instead of having sappy Broadway lyrics over 'rock' music. Time will tell, or I suppose we should find out more Sunday, fingers crossed things don't come crashing down (take that in any sense you'd like :wink:).

"Everyday is like a war and I'm losin' it..."

Yeah, I've said it before, but I'm probably going to like this collection of songs for Spiderman, these more straightforward, pop-sensible, let's not worry about creating "the ultimate art rock album!" batch of songs - I'm going to like these more than I liked NLOTH. I just know it. That's just me, though.

It just feels like they probably didn't overcook these Spiderman tunes.

I'm not too thrilled about anything I've seen regarding the actual stage production just yet, but I'm pretty damn excited to hear the songs.

I'll definitely be watching 60 Minutes next Sunday. Thanks for posting that.

"Bono says only two songs had their start before the project began and the rest were custom created for the show. Sometimes, he and the Edge would come up with an idea for a song, and other times the scene came first."

I figured as much re: Boy Falls from the Sky.

:drool:

I really do hope that there is a U2 version of the soundtrack that gets released. They've done a great job keeping this well under wraps so far. Amazon has absolutely no information on the official soundtrack CD. With all of the hype and with the number of people involved in the show, I'm amazed that there haven't been any leaks at all. A good friend of mine is a pianist/music arranger/personal assistant to a rather big producer on Broadway. He heard a clip of a song (probably Boy Falls...) nearly two years ago and has never been able to get his hands on an actual copy of it.

i know it's way too early... but having heard a boy falls from the sky, as well as that little clip on the 60 minutes... i hope U2 didn't make a huge mistake by giving up these songs instead of recording them themselves.
I think artists like U2 who write abstractly in the studio can benefit from some structure. Spiderman the musical has a definite structure and limitations, being a Broadway musical, and when you give limitations to people who are very good at what they do, they excel.

Spiderman's music may as well be U2's version of a "concept album".

Here's my take on the lyrics for the new snippets from the latest CBS video:
Song 1: (Female vocalist)
You think that you can,
Throw away
Feelings that have hope, have hold on you
I see it in my mind, all what you feel
I, know what you got to do...think again!

[Spoken] You knew what it was doing, and ??? my ???
I'm done[cut]

Song 2 (Bono):
I gotta sleep in my clothes, I.... [cut]

Song 3 (Bono):
Everyday is like a war and I'm losin' it
I'm taking hits from every side,
Every side that there is [cut]

Also, since I didn't see one already, I'll provide you with an updated list of the songs that have been confirmed so far;

• Rise Above
  • Boy Falls From The Sky
  • Turn Off The Dark
  • Bouncing Off The Walls (Recently referred to as "Dancing Off The Walls"?)
  • Bullying By Numbers
  • Pull The Trigger
  • If The World Should End
  • Anywhere But Here
  • Deeply Furious
  • Possibly also a number called A Freak Like Me Needs Company is included?

So which lyric goes with what song? :hmm:

i know it's way too early... but having heard a boy falls from the sky, as well as that little clip on the 60 minutes... i hope U2 didn't make a huge mistake by giving up these songs instead of recording them themselves.

They said only 2 pieces originated as U2 songs, and we already know what one of them is, and BFFTS is a fun rock song but pretty simple and very 90's U2 I for one am not upset that it was passed on to Turn Off The Dark.

Here's my take on the lyrics for the new snippets from the latest CBS video:

Also, since I didn't see one already, I'll provide you with an updated list of the songs that have been confirmed so far;

• Rise Above
  • Boy Falls From The Sky
  • Turn Off The Dark
  • Bouncing Off The Walls (Recently referred to as "Dancing Off The Walls"?)
  • Bullying By Numbers
  • Pull The Trigger
  • If The World Should End
  • Anywhere But Here
  • Deeply Furious
  • Possibly also a number called A Freak Like Me Needs Company is included?

So which lyric goes with what song? :hmm:

[*]Bullying By Numbers (Recently referred to as Bowling By Numbers) :wink:

Oh, so Dancing Off The Walls is another typo/misinformation then :giggle:
I thought it was just some kind of metamorphosis or whatever, U2 songs have a tendency to change titles after all. Thanks, comet :up:

Well of course I don't know for sure either, but yeah they could just be misheard titles. :D

The titles sound interesting.

Jeez, we started this thread three years ago. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom