Songs of Experience - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just prepare yourself that we might hear nothing on Monday .. or Tuesday .. or the next week, or the next month.

We might get SOE in fall 2016 ... we might get a new song before the SOE release.

Just don't expect anything

Pinocchio_274.gif

Is that what we can expect on Monday gvox?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oops lol I meant quiet not quit! Haven't had my coffee yet! Btw I am not expecting anything for Monday either but hope to be surprised. I still doubt we will get anything. Been burned before too many times to really get my hopes up too high!

Well, Adam hasn't uploaded any random photos in a day or two from a museum or garden so he must be up to something more important....

Perhaps they're silent searching for a sound

This isn't a thread yet until there's a mention of Mercy! I think the new clip is Mercy formally being released properly on SOE. "You know I'm weed killer honey, cue heavy distortion and guitar ....". Interference would melt down..... :)

just as a side note. Apple insiders say that iTunes will also get an Update which will likely be presented during WWDC next week.

From U2's perspective (and if we take Tour Rumors for fall 2016 into account) it would make sense to have one song from SOE ready soon. DVD Release this Friday. Big Apple event next week. Tour announcement imminent. Because: If the tour really continues in a few months how long will they wait?

At the same time we know that they do what they want. They have planned/canned things on so many occacions that nobody, even their PR reps, can predict what will happen next.

I'm starting to think new song, with no talk of SOE. Maybe another new tune in September. Then tour..

If u2 released a single in conjunction more with a new itunes/ music format concept rather than Apple itself (downplaying the corporate event tie-in and emphasising the new music format), I think they could get away with it.

U2 were a laughing stock because of the delivery method much more than because of working with Apple. I just can't see bad press saying "haha, u2 are releasing music with Apple again, that's so embarrassing", if the focus is on the music, and a new music format.

As long as there's no debuting a song live at a corporate event, doing weird fist bumps/rehearsed 'punk rock' scripts with Tim cook, or (obviously) uploading the music forcefully into people's itunes accounts, I think they could get away with it.

Make the release about a new single with an attention grabbing new sound, delivered through a state of the art music format that includes hundreds of other artists anyway.

I feel jokes will be made about the SoI/Apple disaster when the next album is released regardless of whether it's done with Apple again or not.

That along with Bono's recurring desire to release new music in a new way eventually, makes me think another Apple tie-in is not impossible (though the band could easily just want to wash their hands of the whole thing, I guess.)

If u2 released a single in conjunction more with a new itunes/ music format concept rather than Apple itself (downplaying the corporate event tie-in and emphasising the new music format), I think they could get away with it.

U2 were a laughing stock because of the delivery method much more than because of working with Apple. I just can't see bad press saying "haha, u2 are releasing music with Apple again, that's so embarrassing", if the focus is on the music, and a new music format.

As long as there's no debuting a song live at a corporate event, doing weird fist bumps/rehearsed 'punk rock' scripts with Tim cook, or (obviously) uploading the music forcefully into people's itunes accounts, I think they could get away with it.

Make the release about a new single with an attention grabbing new sound, delivered through a state of the art music format that includes hundreds of other artists anyway.

I feel jokes will be made about the SoI/Apple disaster when the next album is released regardless of whether it's done with Apple again or not.

That along with Bono's recurring desire to release new music in a new way eventually, makes me think another Apple tie-in is not impossible (though the band could easily just want to wash their hands of the whole thing, I guess.)

Agreed, all of the focus of SOI was on the release method so beyond a few "U2 and Apple AGAIN" posts no one will really care that they are partnering again.

While I could see the release being an "Invisible" style one off that may or may not be on SOE, the direct reference to SOE in the Instagram tease makes me think this would be an official lead single.

I'm starting to think new song, with no talk of SOE. Maybe another new tune in September. Then tour..

Without SOE no Tour.... When the tour starts, U2 won't be able to finish the album between legs. And a US Leg in 2016 with two new songs and the rest of the show is SOI and Best-Of? I don't see that.

I see SOE coming before the tour continues. I see it as the most ambitious album since POP.

And I had some beers tonight. I am very sorry.

Agreed, all of the focus of SOI was on the release method so beyond a few "U2 and Apple AGAIN" posts no one will really care that they are partnering again.

While I could see the release being an "Invisible" style one off that may or may not be on SOE, the direct reference to SOE in the Instagram tease makes me think this would be an official lead single.

Eh. I hope not. That whole thing just fell a little flat. It was just floated out there, and sort of fizzled because they made it clear it wasn't leading to anything more.
I think they need to do what some others have. get that single out, start giving some 20-30sec teasers out on social media there after. create some interest that is ongoing.

Without SOE no Tour.... When the tour starts, U2 won't be able to finish the album between legs. And a US Leg in 2016 with two new songs and the rest of the show is SOI and Best-Of? I don't see that.

I see SOE coming before the tour continues. I see it as the most ambitious album since POP.

And I had some beers tonight. I am very sorry.

:applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom