Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“Lights Of Home” was terrific and “Love is Bigger” epic.
On the other hand, could someone please hide the megaphone away from Bono? [emoji23]

Anyway, it was a great show.

They played Love is Bigger?! I need a clip immediately!!

What? My point is simply that "this song is stuck in my head" is not a measure of quality, and people trying to argue that any song is good because it's stuck in their head (regardless of artist) are being disingenuous. Some of you are trying to suggest that because The Best Thing has been an earworm for you, it must be good. And that just does not hold up.

No one is suggesting that at all. I like the song. Have from the beginning. My point was that this is the type of U2 song that I tend to not gravitate to as much but I still can’t get it out of my head because I genuinely enjoy it. It’s been out for over 3 months and I still choose to listen to it on its own. I don’t need to justify that to anyone.

I PVRed it - only complaint I have is again the bullhorn...somebody should really take that away from Bono.

Other then that I really enjoyed the performance - especially the new tracks sounded excellent.

I liked Bonos little monologue before Love Is Bigger...

I PVRed it - only complaint I have is again the bullhorn...somebody should really take that away from Bono.

Other then that I really enjoyed the performance - especially the new tracks sounded excellent.

I liked Bonos little monologue before Love Is Bigger...

I saw U2songs calling it a speech as well. It is clearly a snippet of Cat Stevens' Father and Son

Last edited:
“Find a girl, settle down, if you want, you can marry, look at me, I am old, but I’m happy”.

Yep you are right - I never heard the song before but I just listened to it :)

Anyway it fit well with Love is bigger :)

So the special aired in Canada. 45 minute version. Apparently a 1:25 version will air on the BBC on 28 December.

BD
WOWY
LIghts of Home
GOOYOW
Love is Bigger
One

All included. Imagine AIWIY will be in the longer versions

There’s an hour version on the BBC tomorrow night

There was at least 15 minutes worth of commercials.

And according to setlistfm here is the full track list which indicates they cut out a lot of songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2017/abbey-road-studios-london-england-53e0eb21.html

Beautiful Day
Every Breaking Wave
Lights of Home
(Live debut)
Get Out of Your Own Way
With or Without You
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
One
Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
(Live debut)
(played twice due to filming)
You're the Best Thing About Me
13 (There Is A Light)
All I Want Is You
(with "Walk to the Water" snippet)

And according to setlistfm here is the full track list which indicates they cut out a lot of songs.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2017/abbey-road-studios-london-england-53e0eb21.html

Beautiful Day
Every Breaking Wave
Lights of Home
(Live debut)
Get Out of Your Own Way
With or Without You
One
(Live debut)
13 (There Is A Light)
All I Want Is You

I'm murderously excited about this. This is one of the most exciting/interesting U2 promos I can recall.

Beautiful Day
Every Breaking Wave
Lights of Home
(Live debut)
Get Out of Your Own Way
With or Without You
One
(Live debut)
13 (There Is A Light)
All I Want Is You

They're unlikely to show all these songs plus the interviews in the hour long special on the BBC - I hope all the songs will be broadcast at some point though.

Beautiful Day
Every Breaking Wave
Lights of Home
(Live debut)
Get Out of Your Own Way
With or Without You
One
(Live debut)
13 (There Is A Light)
All I Want Is You

Would love to know the source, especially as there are some total bullshit setlists on setlist.fm. Neither atU2 nor the other guys on U2gigs have a confirmed complete setlist for the show yet (I've been too busy to keep track myself). I mean, it seems plausible enough based on what's been broadcast and other tidbits shared online, but the person who added it did not give a source nor list themselves as having attended in person.

They're unlikely to show all these songs plus the interviews in the hour long special on the BBC - I hope all the songs will be broadcast at some point though.

Didn't someone say the whole 1 hour 30 minute show will be aired over xmas. 28th December

Would be strange if they did that. WHy not just air the whole 1hr 30mins tomorrow.

Just guessing but because it's 9pm a prime time spot they would only show it for an hour. The repeat will probably be on in the early hours of the morning where the time doesn't matter. News is on at 10. Act like jools holland they show a shortened version on a Tuesday but show a longer version at silly o clock on a Saturday

Back
Top Bottom