Someone at Fox loves U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_One1932

Acrobat
I've been watching Fox's pregame show and broadcast all day, and during the pregame show, i heard vertigo, miracle drug, city of blinding light, sometimes you can't make it on yer own, all because of you and beautiful day used in lilttle human interest promos and stories. I can dig it, can you?

Haha, yeah. They just played part of Sunday, Bloody Sunday, too.

Someone at Fox has a brilliant taste in music. :wink:

Edit: GAH. Beat me to it. Didn't even see that reply. Oh well, the point still stands.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i don't like fox. no amount of U2 playing will change that. :down:

What about heavy amounts of Simpsons and Family Guy playing? :sexywink:

Edit: Haha. And add another ABOY to that list.

Last edited:
Is Fox and USA (cable)channel under the same broadcaste umbrella? I was reading the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago and I heard bits of Vertigo, a few bars of Love and Peace or Else intertwined in the PGA golf highlights on that Sunday morning. I couldn't believe they had rights to play some of L&POE unless of course they didn't have too because the entire song wasn't played. Don't really know how that works. It was a nice surprise anyway.:wink:

Maybe U2 has a deal with the NFL....I've heard several U2 songs used in NFL promos and such. Also, remember ESPN had All Because of You video during the Orange Bowl. It looks like it's a marketing strategy on U2's part to hit major sporting events.

KhanadaRhodes said:

ehh the simpsons hasn't been good for 10 years and i like family guy. but then they went and cancelled it!

i do not like rupert murdoch. at all.

Quiet Woman! :madspit:

"The Simpsons" is still the best show on TV, IMO. :yes: Sure, there are some silly episodes, but the sheer volume of jokes makes up for some things that are just a bit too much.

"Family Guy" is a borderline Simpson rip-off. Initially I was put off by this, but I enjoyed the show so much that I overcame the similarities. And while it was cancelled, FOX is already showing new episodes (and it returns in May - they are literally still doing the art work now).

I don't like most CEO's or heads of organizations - so I don't judge a company by one man. I prefer product and I like some of what FOX offers.

Yeah they were all over the place.

Anyone else think it's a little rude to play Sunday Bloody Sunday over some football clips though...I dunno, just seemed sorta tasteless:huh:

Anyway, yeah it was cool to hear a bunch of U2 songs...

I remember them using UTEOTW back when they band did the halftime show, for playoff game commercials.

And yes, Family Guy does rule. :)

Did anyone watch that horrible American Dad premiere tonight? I know it's by the creators of Family Guy but do they need to make it almost EXACTLY like Family Guy?

Dragonfave said:
I hate FOX (esp. FOX news). Full of right-wing jackasses operating that network. :madspit:

Right-wing jackasses operate Foxnews. Not sure the same can be said for Fox itself. This is channel that is responsible for The Simpsons and Married With Children. Is that right-wing to you?

sue4u2 said:
Is Fox and USA (cable)channel under the same broadcaste umbrella?

USA cable is owned by NBC.

trevgreg said:
I remember them using UTEOTW back when they band did the halftime show, for playoff game commercials.

Those commercials were awesome

The_One1932, you read my mind. After all the pregame music and after they played Sunday Bloody Sunday before the second half, I said to myself "someone at fox loves some u2."

Last edited:
I don't think that the Fox news people and Fox entertainment people spend too much time together since one is so conservative while the other has put on some of the most bold, daring and sometimes offensive television programming ever.

That has always seemed strange to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom