SOI autopsy - what went wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ironically named Mensa actually said a few things that made sense.

“But then I saw a tweet, though, like, ‘That’s crazy.’

Yes, it was.

‘Damn, they really did put this shit on my phone.’”

Yes, they did.

I feel like I should know what the fuck U2 sounds like.

Yes, you should.

I wonder if they were any good back in the day.

Yes, they were.

They’re way bigger than any single song they’ve ever made.

Yes, they are.

I wonder if I was white, I would know it.

Yes, you would.

“Oh, that’s so raw. That’s ill.”
:|

Let me tell you something:

This thread is gold, baby! It's vintage or classic Blue Crack. We have pretty much run the gamut of discussion and it's simply marvelous. If I wanna good laugh for the day, I stop by this thread. This "autopsy" is a celebration. Obviously. a celebration of went "wrong" with SOI. And if loving SOI is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. :wink:

What's also awesome is that so many people have contributed to this thread. Many have been on point and concise about what went "wrong" with SOI. While some have been way over the top in their melodramatic posts. It's just an album. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you've encountered joy and happiness while listening to it, than I salute you because I have too. It's certainly made my 60 mile commute to my girlfriend's place go by like nothing. For those that have been less enthused than so be it. I'm certainly not gonna put a gun to your head to make you like it. :wink: Not everybody likes peanut butter or pizza, but I don't hold it against them. :wink:

Anyway, that's all ol' MrPryck has got for you. Love, peace and hairgrease! Maybe I'll bump into some of you at MSG on July 22.

That girl must be quite a catch :ohmy:

Thanks! She is. We'd like to be living together, but circumstances have dictated otherwise. I'm so used to the trip that it doesn't seem like a big deal. I usually only see her on the weekends. We certainly don't get sick of each other. :wink:

Thanks! She is. We'd like to be living together, but circumstances have dictated otherwise. I'm so used to the trip that it doesn't seem like a big deal. I usually only see her on the weekends. We certainly don't get sick of each other. :wink:

More power to you. A girl has to be something special for me to even get on a streetcar, much less drive 60 miles.

But then again, I'm lazy, so there's that.

More power to you. A girl has to be something special for me to even get on a streetcar, much less drive 60 miles.

But then again, I'm lazy, so there's that.

Lol! Hey you never know. You might find someone who is worth the trip. :wink: The drive sure gives me a chance to listen to my music or laugh at the shitheads who call in on sports radio. Plus, it's nice to get out of town for a few days. I live on Long Island and she's up in Westchester County. There's no mountains on Long Island. Up there, at least there's mountains to look at. :wink:

Just driving around with a friend and Invisible comes up on one of the Sirius stations. He's not really a big music guy, but he'll listen to whatever. First time hearing Invisible is right now. Says: "Is this song about Bruce Jenner? Listen to the words".

I've done that drive before.

This is some real love going on right here, people. :heart:

Oh yeah! For my birthday a few years ago, she hooked me up with the AB Box Set. Plus, I don't have iTunes, but she does so that's how I was able to get SOI.

Naturally, I'm taking her to her first U2 show this Summer.

Just driving around with a friend and Invisible comes up on one of the Sirius stations. He's not really a big music guy, but he'll listen to whatever. First time hearing Invisible is right now. Says: "Is this song about Bruce Jenner? Listen to the words".

Nail... on... the... head. :D

I thought I was crazy, had about a 45 mile trip to see my wife while we were dating. Interferencers, keeping the big oil companies profitable through love and lust.

Back
Top Bottom