SOE Lucky 13: Dallas Lies in Vegas ...TONIGHT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono has said on many occasions that the last thing anybody wants is a new u2 record unless it's fresh and extraordinary. I wish he understands that a lot of us are starting to feel the same way about the same old setlists being rolled out tour after tour as well. Time to mix it up bit.

I don't mind them taking 5 years between albums but I would wish they would just shut up after every album with a promise of a very quick release afterwards. This is the second time in a row now. Next time just don't mention a quick follow up and it would be much much better.

Exactly,they put the pressure on themselves by mentioning quick follow ups.

Sent from my SM-G935F using U2 Interference mobile app

So, talking to people that were actually here to see U2, they were all much more happy than anybody in this forum. Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G930T using U2 Interference mobile app

If they put out 1 record, complete a tour cycle, and release another new record in just over/under 3 years and head back out on tour.. that's a new record, and something they haven't accomplished since the Achtung Baby/Zooropa period.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

ok i will stop checking back thru these posts - chill the fuck out peeps - you're embarrassing yourselves :ohmy:

So, talking to people that were actually here to see U2, they were all much more happy than anybody in this forum. Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G930T using U2 Interference mobile app

We see that in a full-on tour though where people moan on here about the setlists but when you see them live in person that's forgotten as they're an amazing live band.

I'd be really interested to hear what fans who travelled to watch them thought they'd get today though? I'd wager most were hoping for new material and by all accounts they messed up as many songs as they nailed, so are people just talking it up because they don't want to admit they were disappointed?

Don't get me wrong, if they were playing on my doorstep I'd be first in line to see them, but I got the impression quite a few people travelled long distances to see that show.

Bono's voice gave out, he strained himself during Vertigo, but he still gave effort. One and I Still Haven't Found... were performed with a lot of energy and drive.

We see that in a full-on tour though where people moan on here about the setlists but when you see them live in person that's forgotten as they're an amazing live band.

I'd be really interested to hear what fans who travelled to watch them thought they'd get today though? I'd wager most were hoping for new material and by all accounts they messed up as many songs as they nailed, so are people just talking it up because they don't want to admit they were disappointed?

Don't get me wrong, if they were playing on my doorstep I'd be first in line to see them, but I got the impression quite a few people travelled long distances to see that show.

I get the impression that because it was a festival, and that multiple acts bring/attract a diverse crowd and that U2 wasn't heavily advertised, although they technically headlined, they weren't the primary selling act. So maybe people weren't totally bummed.

So did Dallas tell the truth?

it's like the boy who cried wolf - no one will ever believe a thing they say, ever again :D (well the die-hards here that is, because no-one else is getting their knickers in a twist right now as far as i know)

Wow people are actually saying they are no longer fans based on a festival performance?

I know that saving the world trumps new u2 materiel etc, but from a selfish fan's point of view, I wish Bono had not been so heavily involved with his political activism. We can't underestimate just how much of an impact that must have had on the band. I have no doubt that we would have had a couple more albums from them by now if not for this.

I know that saving the world trumps new u2 materiel etc, but from a selfish fan's point of view, I wish Bono had not been so heavily involved with his political activism. We can't underestimate just how much of an impact that must have had on the band. I have no doubt that we would have had a couple more albums from them by now if not for this.

Huh?

I feel like the iheart festival is a better opportunity for new acts to gain some exposure. A band like U2 already has a 40 year old built in fan base anyway. The 20k that attended in person are such a diverse crowd because of a multi act bill. One has to wonder why U2 even bothered.

One thing among many that baffles me is,why go on a 2 month holiday and delay the album to next year? Oh and also why let some obscure dj play a remix of a song you haven't released yet?!

One thing among many that baffles me is,why go on a 2 month holiday and delay the album to next year? Oh and also why let some obscure dj play a remix of a song you haven't released yet?!

Kygo is obscure?

So whats with Lillywhites' Mix of song ??? on his phone?

No Single in 2016 either? Or released together with presale start for 2017 Tour?

obscure dj

giphy.gif

Outside the 20k who appear in person I doubt the live stream or people who try to stream or listen to on other formats draws much. I could be wrong.

Kygo is obscure?

I'll admit I'd never heard of Kygo until that remix, and now I see their name everywhere.

I blame myself for this debacle. I tuned in right as Desire was ending and it was all downhill from there.

You bastard! That performance of Desire was easily the best part of the show.

I don't mind them taking 5 years between albums but I would wish they would just shut up after every album with a promise of a very quick release afterwards. This is the second time in a row now. Next time just don't mention a quick follow up and it would be much much better.

Second time in a row? They've said it every album from ATYCLB!

I foresee a very jaded approach in these forums to the Dreamforce gig, with the occasional person still thinking there's a chance of a new tune.

Outside the 20k who appear in person I doubt the live stream or people who try to stream or listen to on other formats draws much. I could be wrong.

Isn't it meant to play i Heart for radio exposure on a huge network? Not for the broadcast of the event itself?

Maybe they really tried... but failed to get new songs work live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom