SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case of Red Flag Day, somehow I am getting similarity with New Year's Day. I can't pinpoint what it is........ probably on the bass ?! And also getting the vibe of another song but I am unable to recall

Right I have caved..........love is all we have left is a great opener,and lights of home then smashes it out the park. On to the best thing now,sounds much better in an album context.

Okay, so I said I will hear it twice. Heard it four times, all yesterday. Will not hear it again till the official release (or till a cd quality leak shows up).

Just wanted to say that the Showman has a sleeper earworm chorus. I was looking for the poster who said that he/she did not much like the song at first but the following morning woke up to the chorus playing in her/his mind. Couldn't find the post but the same thing happened to me. Out of nowhere, my first waking moment today. The difference is that liked the song but not the chorus particularly. It's insidiously infectious.

So anyway, over the next few days including this one, I will be listening to Boy, War, Achtung, Unforgettable Fire and the Beatles' Revolver and Help albums. Open to suggestions. To not hear the new songs again will be tough.

Edit: what will make it easier though, is the growing belief that the band I love so much and identify with beyond all reasonable proportions, and the band who I believed were not done (also beyond reason?) Are about to hit the world with a gem.

Last edited:
It will take time to judge the songs impartially, but I think right off the bat we can say this is Bono’s best album, vocally, since what... Zooropa?

His vocal is good. I reckon a bit of production though to help but he sounds good

Okay, so I said I will hear it twice. Heard it four times, all yesterday. Will not hear it again till the official release (or till a cd quality leak shows up).

Just wanted to say that the Showman has a sleeper earworm chorus. I was looking for the poster who said that he/she did not much like the song at first but the following morning woke up to the chorus playing in her/his mind. Couldn't find the post but the same thing happened to me. Out of nowhere, my first waking moment today. The difference is that liked the song but not the chorus particularly. It's insidiously infectious.

So anyway, over the next few days including this one, I will be listening to Boy, War, Achtung, Unforgettable Fire and the Beatles' Revolver and Help albums. Open to suggestions. To not hear the new songs again will be tough.

Edit: what will make it easier though, is the growing belief that the band I love so much and identify with beyond all reasonable proportions, and the band who I believed were not done (also beyond reason?) Are about to hit the world with a gem.

:up:

same cuts as earlier links. the first with tracks splitted was mp3 192 and this seems to be the same but 320. if they converted from 192 to 320 i don't think is going to be a much more better sound

That’s my link. It’s the version that was uploaded to mega.

Just listening to the leaked rip, and Im delighted to hear that American Soul and The Blackout are far and away the lamest songs. Honestly surprised by the rest. Hopefully this holds up, as my first impression on a number of these is quite positive

When everyone else around you slips away, it seems a long moment.
Just a bit more time to play...

As you sit and watch the sunset
waves flowing into the sky
the blockade has been lifted.
All of these thoughts swirling around my head
tell you the water isn't dry

I was in my sweet spot
couldn't get there with the meat and stones
want to kill you so badly
but your love was all i've ever known

like an artist who's totally broke
ideas all around the air
painting the inside of my mind
not one canvas to be found

What the hell am i so afraid of?
Something gone mad, a crash and a bang
followed by the big flame

There's a goldmine out there to be found.
I don't want to get there for greed
Don't stop me filthy hands from digging

When you no longer fear the destination
the journey becomes worth the trip.
It's always wise to know your ghosts.

Rob calling out The Showman! No, Red Flag Day. Is on my version, which is the one I grabbed off mega. Maybe there were two mega links?

nope, i just listen to it. the problem is 2 (or more) people has cut the big aiff rip from the same take and the cuts are very similar. so i thought it was the zippyshare version, but anyway, same shitty sound.

let's hope it really leaks soon. i don't want to listen to this anymore... but that's what i'm doing right now :sad:

nope, i just listen to it. the problem is 2 (or more) people has cut the big aiff rip from the same take and the cuts are very similar. so i thought it was the zippyshare version, but anyway, same shitty sound.

let's hope it really leaks soon. i don't want to listen to this anymore... but that's what i'm doing right now :sad:

What do you mean ‘nope’?

Did the final mix of TBT end up being the same exact one as the single version? I know Edge had hinted back then that they had X amount of weeks before final mix and it could be tweaked. I listened to the stream and couldn't really tell any difference.

Did the final mix of TBT end up being the same exact one as the single version? I know Edge had hinted back then that they had X amount of weeks before final mix and it could be tweaked. I listened to the stream and couldn't really tell any difference.

It’s the same.

Listened three times now and I fucking love it. Early days but for me it's so much better than the last two albums.

So is this album more ‘intimate’ and ‘mature’ than expected?

I do hope so, as I must admit that the string of very poor singles have crushed my anticipation for this. I’ve no urge to listen to the album if such hollow bombastic crap like Best Thing and American Soul are anything to go by.

I love it too after i listened to it three times. But i really like Soi too... right now its the best since pop. It sounds really natural. A damn shame the best thing is included.

So is this album more ‘intimate’ and ‘mature’ than expected?

I do hope so, as I must admit that the string of very poor singles have crushed my anticipation for this. I’ve no urge to listen to the album if such hollow bombastic crap like Best Thing and American Soul are anything to go by.

If you didn't like Get Out of Your Own Way or The Best Things, you will find other things that you might really enjoy. If you didn't like Blackout, well, perhaps you're not going to like anything that U2 will do and you should move on to Noel Gallagher and not hurt your ears. :wink:

I'm really enjoying Lights of Home...it has one of the few guitar solos on the album. But does anyone feel that the final repetition from Iris take a little away from the song? It is jarring to me and doesn't feel like it belongs.

I'm really enjoying Lights of Home...it has one of the few guitar solos on the album. But does anyone feel that the final repetition from Iris take a little away from the song? It is jarring to me and doesn't feel like it belongs.

If it was the same exact pattern as Iris, it would bug me maybe a little. But it’s completely different and done really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom